Truckstop.com "new plymouth" Reviews | Glassdoor

Truckstop.com Employee Reviews about "new plymouth"

Updated Oct 15, 2019

3.9
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole
Pros
  • "Very talented group of people that work hard, but maintain and appreciate a work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains as Truckstop(in 15 reviews)

• "It would be nice to have a food service provided at the rest of the organization locations and not just at New Plymouth, ID(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "new plymouth"

Return to all Reviews

"A great environment to gain experience in Technology"

Current Employee - Cloud Network Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Truckstop.com offers a myriad of services for brokers, carriers and shippers and with this comes the integration of new technologies. The Technology department has made huge strides in the last two years to build up its infrastructure to support the growth that company is experiencing. - IT Department leadership are in a class of their own, with the perfect people for the position who have decades of experience... in technical and management roles, and do an excellent job in keeping the gnomes happy. - Operations Team synergy is bar none the most collaborative group I have had the pleasure of working with. Team members ebb and flow with the change in priorities or incidents as if it were natural and there are rare break downs of communications within the team and if there are, are easily mitigated. - Compensation is great on the operations team, with the unlimited PTO. Of course there are limits, but generally, leadership is really liberal and graceful when approving time-off. They're almost too nice, like you don't want to take advantage of a good thing. - Operations Team often gets to work with and gain experience in new and exciting technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Kafka and many others. It's just a great experience and tremendous fun. - I've never had a bad experience with the executive team. The whole group is just really nice, and appear to have a great focus and vision to take the company in the transportation industry. - Lots of opportunity for career advancement and growth within the organization. I have been given opportunities to change positions and excel within my strengths as a technologist. The technology department really does allow a lot of freedom to move laterally or up if that is the direction that you want to take.

Cons

- I wouldn't call this as much a Con as I would just say that Healthcare could always be cheaper, but I would like to qualify that statement by saying that Truckstop does an outstanding job of mitigating a huge part of the cost to the partner. It would be unfair to expect Truckstop to take on the full burden of the cost of healthcare coverage. - It would be nice to have a food service provided at the rest of the... organization locations and not just at New Plymouth, ID. But, if that's the biggest complaint I can think of then that must be telling.

Advice to Management

Management team does an outstanding job from my perspective. They seem to go above and beyond to service employees as best they can, even during tough times, step in and offer to help any way they can, both professionally and personally. I think don't any constructive advice for improvements, other than accolades.

Truckstop.com2018-12-17

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The company genuinely cares about employees. -The executive team is has integrity and is made up of honest good people. -Super stable and profitable company -stealth mode - the company is wildly successful and growing crazy fast. But they don't broadcast it. -tons of opportunity, I know several people that have had multiple promotions within 12 months time. -really nice culture, people are treated with... respect

Cons

-Sometimes the strategy changes fast and it is not well communicated through all the offices (New Plymouth, Boise, Phoenix, Chicago, Toronto) -Transitioning from small family-run company to modern larger company can be painful for some people. -requires change and adaption from current employees, if that is difficult for you, this will be a hard place.

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Be more open about what changes need to happen, even if they are scary or difficult.

Truckstop.com2018-02-15

Truckstop.com Response

February 27, 2018VP HR and OD

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that you see the positives of our dynamic and growing company. We are committed to regular and candid communications and have enhanced the communications even as we started the new year.

"Great, honest, hard-working company with a few of the usual struggles from quick growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Copywriter in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

While the company is growing wildly, it still feels a lot like family (the kind who don't borrow/crash your car and/or end up on an episode of COPS). Leaders support ideas, innovation, and, most of all, the people in the chain supply industry who rely on SaaS to keep families fed. Partners are encouraged to bring ideas to the table, challenge the status quo, and be the change we want to see in the company... (cliche but freaky true). The fact that the C-level partners are as passionate about our current and future customers as the rest of us means there's a real drive to always be even better for the people out there driving truck (and those who love them). There's an emphasis on owning mistakes, on open communication, and on generosity and kindness. I'm excited to go to work every day, and I learn from everyone on every team constantly. Partners are willing to coach and mentor others, share wins, and work through challenges with a friendly spirit. The culture is hardworking, fun, and inclusive.

Cons

The disparate campuses (Boise, New Plymouth, etc) make communication and true teamwork/cohesiveness a little bit of a challenge. Sometimes I sense a little push back between the "old" guard and the "new" guard, but as people build bridges and grow together, this won't remain an issue for long.

Advice to Management

We're all working hard toward the same goals, and I appreciate that your doors are always open to us when we have questions or concerns. Please continue that spirit of accessibility and openness. I'd love to see us create an even bigger impact for our neighbors and others across the country through continued (and growing) community support, volunteering, and involvement. I can't wait for you to build out the first... floor so we can (maybe) have a ping pong table. Finally, rumors abound that there are Truckstop branded socks. This is something I plan to investigate further.

Truckstop.com2017-03-31

Truckstop.com Response

April 27, 2017VP HR & OD

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences (and humor) with us. The Truckstop.com team is really special and we are pleased that you share our enthusiasm.

"Exciting Times at Truckstop.com!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New Plymouth, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time

Pros

Great Culture, good benefits, flexible work schedule and fun environment. This is an exciting time for Truckstop. We are growing fast and the opportunities are endless. So much to do, but the work is satisfying and interesting. A new Boise office is opening soon and we are looking forward to that! Outlook for the company appears to be very positive!

Cons

Drive to New Plymouth (that will be resolved when the Boise office opens).

Advice to Management

Would like to see more employee development programs and leadership training.

Truckstop.com2016-07-09