Truckstop.com "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Truckstop.com Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 22, 2019

3.9
Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole (no image)
Paris Cole
Pros
  • "Very talented group of people that work hard, but maintain and appreciate a work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains as Truckstop(in 15 reviews)

• "It would be nice to have a food service provided at the rest of the organization locations and not just at New Plymouth, ID(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"As good as it gets!"

Current Employee - Expansion Manager

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uncapped commissions. awesome work environment, excellent work life balance and room for growth from within.

Cons

A rapidly growing tech company will always experience growing pains so processes and procedures can be ever-changing requiring employees to be flexible and understanding.

Truckstop.com2018-12-17

January 28, 2019Truckstop.com

Dear Partner, We are so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. Yes, we are indeed in rapid growth and the leadership at Truckstop is 100% committed to ensuring we do it right. This starts with us understanding where we are headed and how our roles contribute directly to our vision, then we have to create the conditions to do what you do best! Thank you for choosing Truckstop to grow an EPIC career! We are better because of you! All the best, Victoria Roberts Chief of People & Culture Officer

"Great people, great management, great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Cons

Geographically dispersed groups are sometimes challenging.

Truckstop.com2019-06-11

"Excellent company to grow with!"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Lots of growth within teams/roles and across applications. *Great benefits and flexible work-life balance *Best onboarding experience I've had *Company culture is inclusive and collaborative

Cons

*Not always a clear career path for advancement (yet!) *Meetings tend to be overkill without tons of value *Process and subject matter expertise can be lacking but is improving

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to partners and be open to new ideas

Truckstop.com2018-12-18

"Good Employer."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fox River Grove, IL

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Truckstop cares about their employees and they are investing a lot of time & money into improving and defining their culture. There is a good work-life balance; the atmosphere is laid back and as long as you get your work done, you can do as you please. The CEO (and other C-level employees) are approachable and nice people.

Cons

the FRG office is a little bland/beige compared to other locations.

Truckstop.com2018-12-19

"Onward and Upward"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working with intelligent, driven people who value work/life balance as much as they value innovation and industry leadership.

Cons

A bit of instability in some departments.

Truckstop.com2018-09-13

December 3, 2018Truckstop.com

Dear Partner, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enthusiasm and concern for Truckstop.com! We continue to elevate our culture by retaining and hiring talent that is customer centric, scrappy, accountable, collaborative and want to have fun doing it. As we continue to experience rapid growth, the executive team is laser focused on ensuring that each department has the leadership, the people, the processes in place and systems to 100% contribute to the success of our customers and the marketplace. With deep gratitude for your engagement and partnership! We are fortunate to have you on the team! Victoria Roberts Chief Culture & People Officer

"The good and bad."

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment, good work life balance. Most of the managers are great to work with and for. I worked in IT department

Cons

-Some of the worst health insurance I have seen. -IT Management will ask you to do multiple jobs and take on additional responsibility but not compensate you for it. -Little to zero rules/policies in place. -Human resource team operates like it's in the stone age. -Layoffs/turnover in the past 6+ months accompanied by poor training. -Poor communication

Advice to Management

-Establish rules and policies and actually enforce them. -Set expectations. One review that caught my eye is spot on, I wouldn't say stay away from Truckstop, but the reviews are not entirely fake but there was a push from several high Executives for current employers to come on here and give 5 star reviews. Most of the developers are contracted overseas in India and the to address the response from a truckstop... rep, there is not a lot of "diversity" at truckstop when it comes to race and culture, that's not a knock against truckstop but just not factual. There isn't any women or people of color who are executives or even in middle management. Also the reason Execs pushed for people to review truckstop here on glassdoor was due to the poor reviews that came after the layoffs.

Truckstop.com2018-06-01

December 3, 2018Truckstop.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive and constructive feedback! We do value the environment we have created across the organization. We remain 100% committed to creating conditions across the company where people have fun, feel connected, fulfilled and are equipped to do what they do best. Based on our employee engagement data, we committed to evaluating our benefits. We heard our culture and effective January 1st, 2019 our partners will experience new medical benefits where the organization has taken on the rate increases vs passing them along to our partners. In addition, we have improved our overall benefits to support a One Life (work/personal) life experience, unlimited PTO for exempt partners, wellness opportunities and a rich 401k program. For 2019, we are deeply committed to ensuring that we can scale for growth through cool new products, our culture and infrastructure. We know that our continued success is reliant upon how engaged and equipped our partners feel. With gratitude for your time and feedback, Victoria Roberts Chief of People & Culture Officer

"Growing Company with Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Growth opportunities -Great culture -Wonderful leadership and team dynamics -Great work/life balance -You can make a difference

Cons

-Growing Pains -Continually changing of focus. This has greatly improved over the last year.

Advice to Management

-Continue to have open communication of where we are heading and the plan for the future.

Truckstop.com2018-03-08

March 20, 2018VP HR and OD

We appreciate your comments and agree that communications are key to successful strategy achievement.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exec team sincerely cares about their partners/employees. 22 years and growing every year. Very loyal to this that have gotten them this far. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Growing pains and need a bit more focus on what is critical to grow the next 2-3 years to setup the next 22.

Advice to Management

Focus and execute.

Truckstop.com2018-01-02

January 8, 2018Director, Digital Marketing

Thank you for your feedback; it means a lot to us.

"Layoffs due to hiring too fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Truckstop.com full-time

Pros

It’s a decent company that is profitable. Most of the people that work there are nice. The work/life balance was good but I’d image after loosing so many employees, the current ones will be soon be overworked.

Cons

Truckstop is a 20+ year old company but you’d never know that working there. At first glance it seems like a great up and coming company, but it’s been up and coming for over 20 years and doesn’t want to change. The company's mission, vision, and values do not align with everyday practice. The culture aims to put employees first, but they hire too fast and then have to have rounds of lay-offs which creates a... volatile work-environment, despite being consistently profitable. It's also disappointing to see that leadership continues to be a boys club. They also say there’s a great culture there but there really isn’t much of a culture at all.

Advice to Management

Slow down and plan for the future and not just now. Cutting employees to save money doesn’t only hurt those employees, your current employees see that and loose faith in the decisions of management. Follow your misssion, vision and values or don’t have them.

Truckstop.com2017-10-04

October 11, 2017Director, Digital Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; we take it very seriously. Truckstop.com believes in our Mission, Vision and Values and strives to demonstrate our values. When we make decisions affecting our partners, we do so with integrity and consideration of how our affected partners will be impacted. Extra steps are taken to support those who are impacted. Our Boise office is our newest office and still developing its unique culture. We are taking steps to develop a stronger identity through our social committee to build a fun community throughout all of our offices.

"Partner - (Employed)"

Current Employee - Partner - (Employed) in Boise, ID

I have been working at Truckstop.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

To explain why Truckstop.com is the best company to work for, I use my experience. For 5+ years, I worked with a Managed Services company merging support for 20+ companies around the US. To do my job I would see each of the companies inner workings from management, support and how they treated their employees. I was released from the company and considered myself retired when Truckstop.com asked me to do some... private consulting for them. During that consulting period (30 days) I realized that Truckstop.com was the best company I had seen in my 30+ year career for many more reasons than what I am listing. 1- Compensation and Benefits are at level if not above the local economy. 2- They treat ALL of their employees as partners in their business and even call each other Partners. 3- The Work Life balance is strongly supported with sponsored Movies, Sporting events and many additional activities. 4- They have grown over 25% in the past year, me being one of the new "Partners". 5- They have new products in the market place that are innovative and address new industry needs. 6- They have acquired new companies, merging them into the Truckstop family. They really live what they say. It is called "The Truckstop Way!" and they discuss these in each of the company wide meetings. - The company mission is "To find a better way to create success for our customers by building stronger connections." - The company values are; • Integrity: Be honest and act with strong ethical principles • Innovation: Implement better and smarter ways to get things done • Accountability: Deliver on our promises, own our mistakes • Collaboration: Make great teams, even when we’re not the captain • Winning Attitude: Focus on possibilities and be persistent • Quality: Take pride in our work, do it right the first time • Charity: Treat others as we want to be treated, and give back to our community These are just some of the great reasons why Truckstop.com is the company I wanted to work for. I have recommended Truckstop.com to a number of friends and past co-workers.

Cons

Truckstop.com has grown very fast and to do that they need to become less of a family company and more of a business. There are some growing pains as they do this and some of the "older" partners are sometimes uncomfortable with change even though it makes the company stronger.

Advice to Management

Upper management is doing a Great job. Bringing salaries to industry standards has been great. Becoming more open in the hiring process is part of leaving the family style business.

Truckstop.com2017-01-02

March 17, 2017VP HR & OD

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in such detail. We are excited about the future of Truckstop.com and pleased that you sense that excitement.

Found 105 reviews