True North ITG Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mill Creek, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Mill Creek, WA

I worked at True North ITG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people at True North ITG really are what makes this place special. You are surrounded by smart, hard-working people who genuinely care about the company. You truly feel like everyone is pulling the company in the same direction. If you love to work with state of the art technology and have a good work ethic, you will love working here and good performance is generously rewarded. If you are willing to give your best to a company that is devoted to excellent customer service, you could have just found the best job you will ever have.

Cons

They would tempt me with delicious donuts at the company meetings...

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

"Great place to grow. Family vibe."

Current Employee - Field Services Manager in Mill Creek, WA
    Current Employee - Field Services Manager in Mill Creek, WA

I have been working at True North ITG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance.
    Great team of people.
    Lots of drive and motivation.
    Ability to touch a lot of technology.
    Growing.

Cons

They will not let me carry my light saber in the office.

Advice to Management

More cowbell.

"Awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Mill Creek, WA
    Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Mill Creek, WA

Pros

Come to work for these guys and they'll treat you like family. I was given a lot of work, but I was also given a lot of support. There is a lot to learn here. When I decided to take a role at Microsoft, they were all supportive of my move. I drop in from time to time still and feel nothing but love. These are all great guys that care about what they do.

Cons

It's a small company, there was a lot of work to do. this may not be the best place for a clock puncher.

Advice to Management

Stay Classy.

"Great and positive work environment. Amazing staff. Genuinely enjoy going to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Mill Creek, WA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Mill Creek, WA

Pros

True North has provided a comfortable, relaxed, and true "northwest feel" work environment. Employees are given the freedom to be creative and excel within their area of expertise. The entire staff gets along great and are able to enjoy each other while completing the task at hand.
    Management is supportive and always encouraging growth. I have encountered nothing but respect from all True North employees, from the top down.
    Everyone here cares about each other and continue to strive for the company and all employees to succeed.
    At the end of the day, I love my job and all the people I work with and for. I look forward to my future with True North and helping this company grow.

Cons

Work on a better training and on-boarding process. Because True North is growing we are in uncharted waters when it comes to building new departments and processes. This is and will be an ongoing work in progress.

"An overall positive experience until unexpected and impulsive discharge."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Creek, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Creek, WA

Pros

True North is a growing start up company with a lot of great opportunities. An overall, down-to-earth staff with a low-key, low-profile kind of feel to it's company culture and environment. The owners overall are positive, wonderful individuals to work with and for as well as most of the staff there. If you are driven, ambitious, goal-oriented they will have means to utilize that enthusiasm towards better placements within the company or at least, they will plan and envision for it.

Cons

Disorganized, homogeneous and unprofessional are True North's main weaknesses. Disorganized because of its poor means to properly train and communicate well with its staff. It has been the result of common mistakes and inefficient use within its operating system. Homogenous as most of its current and newly hired staff consisted of white, males between 30-40 years of age. The overall demeanor and personality type was fairly unprofessional due to its common use of derogatory jokes often made.

Advice to Management

Provide solid and proper training. Be careful about how you talk about your customers and your employees with your staff. Show and be the example of your vision.

Keep within structured means (i.e. employees train in accordance to their departmental managers). Otherwise, there often had been confusion on the way particular issues needed to be handled due to varietal feedback from too many departments.