True Religion Brand Jeans Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
True Religion Brand Jeans CEO John Ermatinger
John Ermatinger

Pros
  • Great discount and employee incentives for top sellers (in 30 reviews)

• Great work environment and excellent coworker dynamic (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 8 reviews)

• Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 13 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with you and your Availability . Great at promoting with in the company .

Cons

Retail hours can be a bit much sometimes.

2. "Floor Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Floor Sales Representative in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Floor Sales Representative in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time

Pros

Fun. Fast. Entertaining. Engaging.Cooperative.Freedom to Growth and Learn.

Cons

Tedious refolding. Customers attitudes and opinions.

Advice to Management

Nothing of importance.

3. "True chronicles"

Current Employee - Co- Manager in Richland, SC
    Current Employee - Co- Manager in Richland, SC

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chill company- customer support was very cooperative and helpful. DM very interactive and aware of company. Moving up was also obtainable as long as you worked hard and had experience

Cons

Retail as a whole demands too much from their employees with few to none incentives or rewards. If you want your company to abide to policies then be consistent. The safety of our company became questionable with theft issues and the company not concerned about having security.

Advice to Management

Speak up! Questions or concerns shouldn't go unnoticed and make sure u have a dedicated, productive, motivated management team

5. "Great 2nd job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Naples, FL

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They understand that this particular job doesn't pay enough hourly and that they can't provide adequate hours a week to keep you sustained so they work with your other job schedule!

Cons

Honestly no cons just yet; if you get the job to pay bills then definitely the con will be hours and pay.

Advice to Management

Remain lenient and understanding!

6. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA

Pros

Great Discount, Great Product styles are always new and interesting huge spectrum of customers

Cons

some customers get really disrespectful because they assume they have privilege for shopping at at high end store, customers also aren't accepting of your help as an employee feeling of being "stuck" in sales associate position with no further opportunities

Advice to Management

make sales associated feel as though there job is important

7. "Best Place To Work"

Current Contractor - Sales Auditor Specialist in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Auditor Specialist in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at True Religion is one of the best experiences I've ever heard. Everyone is friendly and happy to be there, the pay is great, management is respectful, and the culture is superb.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about this job. the location is in a very busy location of manhattan beach but i didn't mind it at all.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management other than keep up the good work. Bets management I've ever dealt with.

8. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of growth opportunities as long as you put in the work to earn them.

Cons

Coverage is minimum. If you work at a outlet location, there's a lot of grab and runs and people coming in with the intention to steal.

Advice to Management

Be firm and direct; separate business from personal; always reach out for help if needed. Be able to develop talents within your store.

"Worst retail experience ever, unprofessional management team, no growth, no respect, unfair treatment from management."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about true religion brand jeans is the employee discount.

Cons

I was lied to about a promotion for months, other employees had nothing but negative things to say about the management team, hostile & stressful work environment, not worth the pay. Part time associates do not get payed time n a half on holidays moslty everyone is part time but key holders, not enough hours, management team plays favorites and make decisions based on emotion rather then business. No support from this job whatsoever, I'll be leaving very soon.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to do a better job at training & evaluating the management team, they are free to do whatever they want, every week I see great employees leaving to go work somewhere else, because of issues with the management team. Certain policies need to be reviewed.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits
    Supportive management in the Accounting department
    Good CEO
    Nice new offices in Manhattan Beach

Cons

Seems to be disconnect between marketing and product
    Poor decision-making for new store locations.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind who your customer is, and market and make product to that customer.

"Key holder / Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

The discount is the best I ever had working for any company. The pay when I was a key holder was decent for if you live with someone. Working at a top door store you get more perks with the company.

Cons

I started off as a Key Holder and I loved it. It made me want to become a store manger for the company. That all changed once a I transferred and become a sale associate. They told me that they would let me know when a key holder position became available because there wasn't one at the time. Well one became available at the store I transferred to and they LIED TO ME WHEN I ASK WHAT THEY WERE INTERVIEWING FOR!!! THE WHOLE MANAGEMENT TIME STRAIGHT TO MY FACE!!! I became pissed why lie to my face like I'm stupid and I won't find out. So that made me want to leave and I am. You can't do overtime for the company at all, or you will get a write-up. As sales my pay should be more, other companies pay there associates 15 hr. As management for a key holder you should get paid more we do everything assistant manager we do everything they do. The schedule, Couching the sale associates, also development and training as well.

Advice to Management

The company is good don't get me wrong. The sales pay needs to be incurred and same as a key holder.