True Religion Brand Jeans Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
True Religion Brand Jeans CEO John Ermatinger
John Ermatinger

Pros
  • Great discount and employee incentives for top sellers (in 30 reviews)

• Great work environment and excellent coworker dynamic (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 8 reviews)

• Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 13 reviews)

1. "Awful Pay"

Former Employee - Keyholders in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Keyholders in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans (Less than a year)

Pros

Company offers great training material and the employee discount of 70% off is great. Hour sales associates got up to $200 limit each months don keyholders/managers could purchase up to $400 per month.

Cons

The pay is awful. As a full time employee, I was making around $340 per week after taxes ect. I even sold the most in the store and my commission was around $200 per month. No one can live off that. Sad that a company can't even pay their employees a decent wage. Whataburger starts their employees off at $11 an hour! And as a keyholders in a billion dollar Jean company, I was making less than that!!!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a more decent wage is the only advice I have. I would have stayed with the company but I picked up a serving job at a high end restaurant with half the responsibilities and made almost 4x that.

2. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time

Pros

Discount
    Meeting of new people
    Location
    Perks
    Commission pay

Cons

Hours
    Management
    Dirty store
    Hourly wages

Advice to Management

Give more respect to associate and dont switch it up and say its not professional. Leave your personal problems at home. No drinking on the job.

"office politics"

Former Employee - Upper Management Products in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Upper Management Products in Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans (More than 3 years)

Pros

it used to be a really good place to work , the founder Jeff Lubell had a vision and a drive to make it one of the fastest growing company. generous benefits, great pay and overall good morale with good co workers. excellent bonus program and overall appreciated and you felt a sense of loyalty.

Cons

after the buy out from the investment firm , the place turned into iraq. the politics got out of hands and new management came in arrogant and brought in people that were a failure at their previous employment. they tried to change everything and fired so many hard working , passionate and loyal employees . 3years later ,the company is in worst shape ever. nobody wants the product.

Advice to Management

your design/product team is a joke. get rid of deadweights who no longer contributes to the brand . you need a strategy to revitalize the brand ,bring in talents that will actually work ..

"Do Whats Right..."

Former Employee - Keyholder in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

ABSOLUTELY none since the vision of Jeff Lubell left.

Cons

Take it from me if you are White/Caucasian you will be "promoted" and if you are a minority you are deemed "not qualified" and "inconsistent". I spoke up to a hiring situation which ultimately ended with me filing with the EEOC and 7 months later fired.

Advice to Management

As a corporation it is easy to sit back and collect the check but when you are so detached from what is going on in your stores situations like these happens. It amazes me that when you speak up to help a problem you are deemed the issue. Did the truth hurt?

"Worst retail experience ever, unprofessional management team, no growth, no respect, unfair treatment from management."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about true religion brand jeans is the employee discount.

Cons

I was lied to about a promotion for months, other employees had nothing but negative things to say about the management team, hostile & stressful work environment, not worth the pay. Part time associates do not get payed time n a half on holidays moslty everyone is part time but key holders, not enough hours, management team plays favorites and make decisions based on emotion rather then business. No support from this job whatsoever, I'll be leaving very soon.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to do a better job at training & evaluating the management team, they are free to do whatever they want, every week I see great employees leaving to go work somewhere else, because of issues with the management team. Certain policies need to be reviewed.

7. "Worst work experience with a company ever."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in North Atlanta, GA

Pros

The employee discount is great. THere is usually a high volume of customers, & the brand is popular, so it allows you to meet reasonable sales goals.

Cons

Employees are grossly underpaid, especially considering the amount of revenue you bring in to the company. The low comission rates were hardly enough to compensate for the low base salary generally 9-10hr. The moral was generally low. It was not uncommon for the store manager to take claim for sales made by associates. High turnover amongst employees. Its not an employee friendly company below management level. The store manager can be very inappropriate at times not only when dealing with employees, but also when dealing with customers.

Advice to Management

Create a better professional standard between management & associates. Conduct more reviews to ensure that professionalism within the company is where it needs to be. Better management & proper compensation would make this a decent employment opportunity.
    Management reviews from employees & secret shoppers.

"Coworkers were cool, management was horrible. Too many sucks up getting ahead while the real hard workers get nowhere."

Former Employee - Technical Designer in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Designer in Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before the change of ownership it was a great place to work.

Cons

After the change of ownership, place went to hell. I felt bad for so many of the hardest working people there.

Advice to Management

No point giving them advice because they won't listen.

"Fine Print for Future Employees"

Current Employee - Office Work in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Office Work in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Finally got a good ceo in.

Cons

Too much damage already done from the previous one (David Conn).
    The executives didn't think they need people and the parking structure is only reserved for themselves. Regular employees have to walk 15+ minutes to the building from outside parking lot.

Advice to Management

Good luck!!!

"waste of time working for this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sawgrass, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sawgrass, FL

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any pros about this company other than the employee discount is great.

Cons

NO HOURS
    NO GROWTH
    LOW PAY for all the work that is required
    They don't care about their employees

Advice to Management

Raise our pay and show us the respect we deserve

"felt like vomiting everyday."

Former Employee - Design in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Design in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

as of now none. before the buyout, it was a pretty good place to work . generous salaries,bonus and benefits.
    there was a goal and a look ,there was a leader with a vision that worked. he knew every aspect of the business from samples ,production ,buying ,design and retail.

Cons

the new management are clueless on how to fix this business. It all starts from the product and the leaders in design are incompetent and living in a dream. the production dept is a joke ,they have exhausted most of the relationship with the current vendors. more generals then soldiers. I would really look closely at the creative director to see if they really have a strategy to move forward ,rather than collecting their fat checks. the deadweights that no longer contribute in design is a waste of money ,energy and productivity. you really need to see if they are stepping up.

Advice to Management

Making people drink on the job is not going to solve the problem or make you look like you have a great culture.
    I would not be surprised if someone would sue the company ,if they were pulled over for a dui or they had an accident or alcohol lead incidents? anyways,it's not cool to drink on the job... come up with a game plan, It would be a miracle to turn the company around . whatever you are doing is not working so, lets see what happens.