True Religion Brand Jeans Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
True Religion Brand Jeans CEO John Ermatinger
John Ermatinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great discount and employee incentives for top sellers (in 31 reviews)

• They allowed us the freedom to create a great work environment for our employees (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 8 reviews)

• Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 13 reviews)

1. "Horrible online purchases"

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time

Pros

The brand is nice and comfortable

Cons

The online purchases is very lousy and very very horrible, they make u put in all your personal information and credit card number then make every seems greet until they keep sending error notices and don't stand by promos and deals

Advice to Management

If I put in my credit card number I expect my items, I called to see the problem couldn't nobody really answer it and when I tried to re order , they did not validate the store deal . VERY DISSATISFIED with this company , plus they do not have a review section

2. "Co Manager"

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my clients and the clothes

Cons

DM didn't care that the store manager wasn't working, only hired friends verse qualified sales associates, lied to make her self look better

3. "Awful Pay"

Former Employee - Keyholders in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Keyholders in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans (Less than a year)

Pros

Company offers great training material and the employee discount of 70% off is great. Hour sales associates got up to $200 limit each months don keyholders/managers could purchase up to $400 per month.

Cons

The pay is awful. As a full time employee, I was making around $340 per week after taxes ect. I even sold the most in the store and my commission was around $200 per month. No one can live off that. Sad that a company can't even pay their employees a decent wage. Whataburger starts their employees off at $11 an hour! And as a keyholders in a billion dollar Jean company, I was making less than that!!!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a more decent wage is the only advice I have. I would have stayed with the company but I picked up a serving job at a high end restaurant with half the responsibilities and made almost 4x that.

4. "Assistant Store Manager"

Pros

Sales and cool people to work with

Cons

Corporate, management, and everything else

Advice to Management

FIX YOUR COMPANY

5. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Texas in Houston, TX

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time

Pros

Discount
    Meeting of new people
    Location
    Perks
    Commission pay

Cons

Hours
    Management
    Dirty store
    Hourly wages

Advice to Management

Give more respect to associate and dont switch it up and say its not professional. Leave your personal problems at home. No drinking on the job.

"office politics"

Former Employee - Upper Management Products in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Upper Management Products in Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans (More than 3 years)

Pros

it used to be a really good place to work , the founder Jeff Lubell had a vision and a drive to make it one of the fastest growing company. generous benefits, great pay and overall good morale with good co workers. excellent bonus program and overall appreciated and you felt a sense of loyalty.

Cons

after the buy out from the investment firm , the place turned into iraq. the politics got out of hands and new management came in arrogant and brought in people that were a failure at their previous employment. they tried to change everything and fired so many hard working , passionate and loyal employees . 3years later ,the company is in worst shape ever. nobody wants the product.

Advice to Management

your design/product team is a joke. get rid of deadweights who no longer contributes to the brand . you need a strategy to revitalize the brand ,bring in talents that will actually work ..

"Do Whats Right..."

Former Employee - Keyholder in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

ABSOLUTELY none since the vision of Jeff Lubell left.

Cons

Take it from me if you are White/Caucasian you will be "promoted" and if you are a minority you are deemed "not qualified" and "inconsistent". I spoke up to a hiring situation which ultimately ended with me filing with the EEOC and 7 months later fired.

Advice to Management

As a corporation it is easy to sit back and collect the check but when you are so detached from what is going on in your stores situations like these happens. It amazes me that when you speak up to help a problem you are deemed the issue. Did the truth hurt?

"Unsafe work environment"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Early corp management, 2009 to 2012 really invested in there managers. Now corporate is so un organized that changes are made almost hourly on store level that the store management teams are constantly dealing with unhappy customers.

Cons

I've worked for trbj for 7 years. Along the way the customers have become very "ghetto" if you will. Trbj says this is not their target customer. However these are the people who are buying. This would be ok if this customer would show respect to the people selling them this product. Managers and sales associates are constantly cursed at and worse. I have experienced customers cursing at me, spitting at me and threatening my life. These customers carry guns into the store as well as drugs. Upper management is aware and does nothing to prevent or to secure employees safety. It has been witnessed that managers have been knocked down, stomped, then maced in the face all for these thieves to steal a pair of jeans. What's worse, is if you ask someone to leave for inappropriate behavior, all they have to do is call corporate and complain, all for corporate to apologize and give them a free gift card for their "troubles ". Corporate does not even contact the store to find out what really happened. Trbj is so desperate to make a buck, that they neglect the very people who is making the company money.

Advice to Management

Please take more appropriate measures to make your sales teams feel safe. Stop letting thugs dictate who you want to sell to. Take a stand with your store mangers and get your brand back!

"Not the greatest company to work for......"

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time

Pros

Benefits, never had to stay past 10pm

Cons

co-workers were lazy, new store manager had a hidden agenda along with the DM. The company has no direction when it concerns Visual or Operational.

"Worst retail experience ever, unprofessional management team, no growth, no respect, unfair treatment from management."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about true religion brand jeans is the employee discount.

Cons

I was lied to about a promotion for months, other employees had nothing but negative things to say about the management team, hostile & stressful work environment, not worth the pay. Part time associates do not get payed time n a half on holidays moslty everyone is part time but key holders, not enough hours, management team plays favorites and make decisions based on emotion rather then business. No support from this job whatsoever, I'll be leaving very soon.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to do a better job at training & evaluating the management team, they are free to do whatever they want, every week I see great employees leaving to go work somewhere else, because of issues with the management team. Certain policies need to be reviewed.