True Religion Brand Jeans Reviews | Glassdoor

True Religion Brand Jeans Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great discount and employee incentives for top sellers (in 32 reviews)

• They allowed us the freedom to create a great work environment for our employees (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 8 reviews)

• Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 13 reviews)

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Glendale, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience being a part of their team. I learned a lot of new things, such as design process, techniques.

Cons

I would like to be a part of some meetings like I did in another company. I know that it would be very important for me to see how they are planning their next collection.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, fun company events. They were a great place to work for.

Cons

Was far from my home

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Director Loss Prevention"

Former Employee - Director Loss Prevention in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director Loss Prevention in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was at True Religion for almost 4 years and recently departed to experience an industry outside of retail. True Religion is simply an OUTSTANDING organization! The team leaders & members in the full price and outlet True Religion stores are dedicated for success and are a cut above any other retailer! The CEO, Executive Management Team, Corporate Team, Regional Sales Directors, and District Managers have a strong positive business vision and overall are committed to excellence, as well as, support in the efforts of all field employees. Corporate's and Regional's Field Leadership provide a clear direction and developed strong various resources that enable success with business and satisfaction in contributing to the teams. By the way - the CEO has a monthly forum with all employees and openly shares the business achievements, goals, resources, & challenges. This transparency / openness from Senior Management cannot be found in any other organization.

Cons

As in any retailer and company that deals with the public - there can be some very difficult shopper / customer experiences that arise. If you wish to be successful in the retail environment - you must have thick skin and have the ability to be resilient.

Advice to Management

Continue to carry forward all of the positive undertakings that you have been facilitated this past year with product development & quality, inventory allocation to the stores, and further investment in overall marketing objectives during 2016.

4. "GENERAL MANAGER"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to be creative and have clear communication with corporate and executives due to the company going through changes due to restructure from upper management

Cons

Too many changes causes confusion and little to no structure. Some of the other management were great leaders and some were untrustworthy and lacked values or care for the organization.

Advice to Management

Great company to work for but get ready for changes! If you can deal with adversity with a positive attitude then this is a great company for you.

5. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of growth opportunities as long as you put in the work to earn them.

Cons

Coverage is minimum. If you work at a outlet location, there's a lot of grab and runs and people coming in with the intention to steal.

Advice to Management

Be firm and direct; separate business from personal; always reach out for help if needed. Be able to develop talents within your store.

6. "sales associate at the outlet"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

great environment! friendly staff and fun customers

Cons

hourly pay rate was low

"HR BUSINESS PARTNER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule was great, location was great as well

Cons

New Management change the whole culture of the company

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together

"Worst retail experience ever, unprofessional management team, no growth, no respect, unfair treatment from management."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about true religion brand jeans is the employee discount.

Cons

I was lied to about a promotion for months, other employees had nothing but negative things to say about the management team, hostile & stressful work environment, not worth the pay. Part time associates do not get payed time n a half on holidays moslty everyone is part time but key holders, not enough hours, management team plays favorites and make decisions based on emotion rather then business. No support from this job whatsoever, I'll be leaving very soon.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to do a better job at training & evaluating the management team, they are free to do whatever they want, every week I see great employees leaving to go work somewhere else, because of issues with the management team. Certain policies need to be reviewed.

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits
    Supportive management in the Accounting department
    Good CEO
    Nice new offices in Manhattan Beach

Cons

Seems to be disconnect between marketing and product
    Poor decision-making for new store locations.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind who your customer is, and market and make product to that customer.

"New CEO is smart but Middle Management is Ruining the Company"

Former Employee - Tech and Design in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Tech and Design in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at True Religion Brand Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For one thing David Conn is no longer the CEO. The new CEO is very experienced and smart in the apparel industry. However, too much damage has being done by the previous so now it's going to be hard to save the ship!

Cons

Middle Managers are ruining the company. They create their own rules for power game and competition, overthrowing the ceo's guidelines and promises. The HR department is too weak to protect employees from getting unfair treatment and voicing their problems.

Advice to Management

Be aware of company rotten from the middle and lower level.