TrueBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TrueBlue President, CEO, and Director Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance might be challenge (in 6 reviews)

• Alot of upper management, but no exposure for non management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Coordinator"

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time

Pros

True family setting, working for TrueBlue.

Cons

There are no down sides working for TrueBlue.

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a well defined vision, values, and purpose. Live them while working and your golden. CSP is offered here and we live by it. We are our customers best customer because we understand them. Very market / area specific and driven. Training is on the individual. This company puts it all on a silver plate and serves it to you. From that point everyone has an opportunity to achieve success and earn more money. Individuals need to understand that nothing is guaranteed or given based on the past- you need to be in the present and constantly growing and looking towards the future here-
    The company has recently aligned, and is recognized under specific brands now. People Ready (instead of CLP Labor Ready or Spartan Staffing). The softer name accompanied by our ability to work together and be an all inclusive supplier of work force makes us stronger and more competitive in the ever changing labor market.

Cons

We supply work force solutions to every company out there- which can be a drain related to cross selling and fulfillment of requests and orders. The company does not have a selling problem, they have a fulfillment problem. Great people need only apply and training will be given- the rest is up to you- earn it, make things happen, be you but be responsive and get things done.... or you should work somewhere else.
    another con.... weak people who cannot sell, be present, or make change for the betterment of the company and clients we service keep their jobs way ... way... to long..... I understand growing a market, but results at a company like this is made in minutes and days.. not weeks and months or years-
    do not apply unless you are results driven and can change your path on the fly based on current corporate business focus.

Advice to Management

Let the growers grow and be present- come to an individual branch and see what a day is like for us. Many upper management has never seen daily operations or been at an office to open at 5:30 am, There are a lot of chairs blocking the path of the people trying to climb a ladder here- Advance from within and create your successor with better personal leadership

"Beware - IT is a tough place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location for southern Puget Sound; convenient parking

Cons

Culture needs renovation - lack of ownership, training, career growth. Short staffed with long on call hours. Confrontational work style.

Advice to Management

Staff IT for the breadth of technologies TrueBlue IT supports. Ensure proper redundant coverage. Establish a supportive culture with communication and praise.

5. "Sales representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pay Is great and flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of structure. Branches are always short staff so it effects your customers. Branches are not a loud to have extra help to make it easier. So everyone is stressed and constantly scrambling trying to fill orders. No support from upper management. They expect you to just figure out. When sales are down everyone cares. When sales are up no one cares and will not offer support,

Advice to Management

It takes money to make money. Stop being cheap on head count. If a Branch is doing 100k a week get them extra help. Support your branches and staff. You have 3 people doing work that requires 5 people. Your burning out your staff out.

6. "Don't Be Fooled..."

I worked at TrueBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say at all...They describe a "dream job"during the interview process, then hand you something COMPLETELY different..

Cons

Cut throat between branches, internally short staffed, upper management unaware of what really goes on, excessive sales goals, compensation plans ALWAYS
    changing, POOR benefits...

Advice to Management

Listen to your good employees.

"Unexciting, bland, quick job for short period of time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobart, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobart, IN

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a basic minimum pay job quickly

Cons

The gave me a basic minimum pay job quickly. Office workers are quite rude and blunt at times. You feel as if you're just a number to them.

"LOTS OF CHANGES"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, keeps you busy and occupied

Cons

Competitive, not always fully staffed and you're doing the work for 2 or 3 people. Highly stressful and demanding. Hence on-demand labor force.

Advice to Management

Staff properly not only based on skill but personality too. Some staff doesn't work well with management and causes so many issues and conflicts among both internal and temps.

9. "Staffing Specialist Review"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible company, good benefits and salaries. Ability to work within boundaries but able to extend and learn different positions to become adept.

Cons

You have to rely on "workers" or Temporary Associates for your own success. Example:
    Customer calls needing five workers, you can only get four because workers don't want to work it, you now have a demand failure.

10. "Senior Recruiter & Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with a bright future

Cons

None that I can think of.

11. "Overrated"

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time

Pros

The pay is what makes you stay

Cons

Micro Management at an all time high.