Cover image for TrueCar

Found 347 of over 374 reviews

3.9
TrueCar CEO and President  Michael Darrow
Michael Darrow

What people are saying about TrueCar

Join the conversation on

Tech

570.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TrueCar~353868
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about TrueCar? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TrueCar employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Change is definitely in the air!!!!

Jan 26, 2023 - Business Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There have been a lot of recent changes with leaders and restructuring of teams. It is refreshing; long time coming. It is great to see new leaders and team members step up and take on more.

Cons

Not a con, but if you are not willing to put in the hard work, then do not sign up. Every team member makes an impact and if you are in it to win, don't bother.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to work for

Jan 24, 2023 - Account Excecutive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits access to managers open-door policy with mid level

Cons

LOTS OF REORGANIZING- If you are not a person wo can deal with change - Don't work here

3. Join the TrueCar team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Thoughtful and Meaningful Work Opportunity

Jan 9, 2023 - Senior Business Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family-like environment, huge opportunities for growth, and challenges each month with so many new innovative tools and teams being created.

Cons

Change. It is not easy but I welcome it. Change is the only way to stay relevant in this ever-changing world of technology, consumer behavior, and the automotive industry.

TrueCar Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Change is inevitable and leadership continues to stay vigilant as the company evolves, along with the industry and the economy. We are excited for the future and optimistic about the growth and direction of TrueCar.

5. 2.0

They have gone downhill

Jan 5, 2023 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every now and then you'll get a package with random things you did not ask for as a token of their "appreciation"

Cons

Management is incompetent, Growth no longer exists, you only get a pat on the back for going above and beyond; no financial incentives; no communication between departments; product team doesn't care about issues if they cannot replicate them.

TrueCar Response

We appreciate your feedback for the time you were with us. It should be noted there are different incentive programs and bonus plans for top performers within each department. Specific to the customer service team, in 2022 we implemented a monthly spot bonus program to financially reward and recognize employees for going above and beyond on customer service metrics. Leadership also made investments in technical systems and added headcount resources to that team. TrueCar’s culture is highly focused on employee performance, appreciation and recognition. In the spirit of continuous improvement, in 2023 we have revamped our career feedback cycle to encourage more frequent conversations and two-way dialogue between managers and team members. We believe communication and transparency are how we can grow and get stronger together.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Change & Transparent Leadership

Oct 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Embracing Change is part of working at TrueCar, and the recent changes, i.e. org. changes (positioning leaders to have more span of control and employees to have more support), communication changes (increased communication from our executive leadership team) have lead to a highly engaged employees. - Transparency is key at TrueCar. Our leadership team has continued to show up (with an optimistic attitude) during very rough, extended and ongoing periods of macroeconomic headwinds (chip shortages), the great employee resignation, and redefining how to create a sustainable business model. - Remote Work & Flexibility. We are treated with respect, and allowed to get work done, and also have a life outside of work.

Cons

- If you don't like adapting to change, or working fully remote, TrueCar probably won't be the best fit for you.

TrueCar Response

Thanks for your review. Although the auto industry has faced a few challenges in recent years, our focus continues to be on building a modern marketplace. We are excited for the future and optimistic about the growth and direction of TrueCar. As a fully remote workforce, we hope you're also enjoying the many opportunities for connection both online and in person as part of our dynamic workplace.

7. 3.0

Boys Club

Jan 19, 2023 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, some of the people

Cons

Upper management is all a boy's club

8. 5.0

Would still be there

Dec 3, 2022 - Client Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working at TruCar. If it had not been for COVID, I’d still be working there.

Cons

Others needed much more handholding. Since I needed little supervision, I could feel disenfranchised

TrueCar Response

Thank you for your feedback. A lot has changed due to the pandemic but we are working hard to ensure our people feel supported and have the resources to grow.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mission Driven

Dec 8, 2022 - Director in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, collaboration and mission driven.

Cons

There tends to be en evolving goal.

TrueCar Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on doing the best to take care of our people.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company!

Sep 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

When working in a remote environment, it can be hard to connect with people, but not at TC, the technology and platforms they use make it easy to stay connected with your colleagues. And the people are amazing. Everyone is so nice, helpful, and the way they collaborate across functions is impressive. The benefits are awesome. Employer paid health insurance is pretty much unheard of these days. They also offer dynamic workplace to get you set up with an ergonomic working space (electric standing desk, chair, footrest, backrest etc...).

Cons

I can't think of any.

TrueCar Response

We value the positive feedback. Very glad to hear collaboration is high, as it's an important tenant in a distributed work environment such as ours.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

HR Negligence in warning me that scams were happening

Nov 10, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a good engineering culture

Cons

After being contacted by a fake scam recruiter I both called and emailed TrueCar's HR to verify if it was a legit opportunity, and I was not warned any scams were happening. They are actively aware of the situation and and acted with complete neglect in not warning me. Be wary when interacting with recruiters!

TrueCar Response

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your feedback here. The online actor who contacted you did not do so on behalf of TrueCar and is not associated with TrueCar in any way. While we work diligently to respond to all messages, your experience has highlighted an opportunity for us to improve our processes and communications internally to ensure that everyone who emails or calls has a positive experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 347 Reviews
</>Embed

TrueCar Reviews FAQs

TrueCar has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 374 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at TrueCar to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TrueCar employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TrueCar. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

74% of TrueCar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TrueCar 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TrueCar to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with TrueCar Job Seekers