Trueself Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Caitlin Carey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "More Coaching Than All of My Previous Jobs Combined"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Caitlin and the team at Trueself Group is the first time I feel like I have a manager who wants me to do well in my entire life. I have had lots of jobs before, some part time in high school and college, and two more since graduating, and one of the things I was always left to feel like I was missing was a real leader. Most companies want you to fill a role, do your job really well, and have to put in the smallest amount of effort possible to manage you long term. At Trueself, I never feel like Caitlin is complacent with my work. I feel appreciated for working hard and doing a good job, but she knows I am capable of bigger and better and pushes me to continue growing and moving up in the company. That's one of the things I love most here! Trueself makes me a better version of me each week.

Cons

Working with customers can be challenging for lots of people, and this job puts me face to face with people every single day. I used to describe myself as great at "dealing with people". I realized that the words and story I tell myself shape how I look at my world. I don't "deal with people" anymore. I am lucky to work in a high energy atmosphere and get out of the office with our customers every day. Not all of our customers are sunshine and rainbows, but that was never the case at any job - so I have learned to focus on the best people and enjoy the process.

Advice to Management

Keep being an amazing example of what it means to run an awesome business, care about people and push us to our potential.

"My experience at Trueself Group"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Trueself Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere that Truself has is great! Very welcoming and I learned a ton about sales and really how to interact with people. I was able to use a lot of the skills that I learned to apply to the position that I currently have now and I am definitely more confident because of it!

Cons

I don't see any down sides to working here. It is hard work but nothing all that good in life comes to easy so personally I enjoyed that aspect.

Apr 30, 2018 – President

We can't thank you enough for these kind words! We are elated to know that the skills learned here at Trueself Group were transferable! We know sales is not always a long term career choice for... More

"Great opportunity for business training."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Trueself Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Up beat and positive work environment.

Cons

There is nothing to say for cons in this job.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

Apr 30, 2018 – President

Love! Thanks for the review!! We aim to stay positive and upbeat as much as we can! Who grows from focusing on the negatives all the time??

"Amazing work environment!"

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at here is the perfect place for a positive work environment and unique opportunities for personal and professional growth. There is a wonderful support system of people who genuinely care about your growth and success. It is a great place to learn about sales techniques and the meaning of hard work!

Cons

You have to learn to overcome self doubt and manage your time wisely. This is the only way to be successful.

"Knock knock! Who's there? Opportunity!"

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schools teach people to be employees. Trueself teaches people to be entrepreneurs. Merit based to reward hard workers and no seniority policy.

Cons

If you're lazy do not apply.

Advice to Management

I also enjoy the philanthropy we do. More would be awesome though!

"Great experience, wonderful people, challenging work!"

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked here for roughly 1.5 years, and it's been a great experience! People are actually fun to be around, and I really enjoy the support provided by leadership to help us do our jobs (I can get coaching on a daily basis when I need). There is a path for career advancement, and it's pretty clearly laid out, which is great.

Cons

The work is challenging, and we do have long hours. For me, that's fine because I don't mind putting in the extra work to move ahead faster.

Advice to Management

I like the philanthropy stuff we do, we should do more!

Jan 11, 2018 – President

Thank you so much for your kind words! When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life! Keep up the great work!

"The best career path ever!"

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am building my own foundation and career based on how well I learn and apply information. This is great for me because I am highly motivated to be successful by earning any achievement or goal that I have based on my merit. I am challenged to become a better person and entrepreneur by learning how to effectively teach individuals with different learning styles and learning curves. I am also challenged to become a better planner within all aspects of life which includes learning how to effectively plan my day, week, month, and setting goals with a action plan to achieve them.

Cons

The cons include getting used to plan and do things that I am not great at which includes planning and teaching others which makes me uncomfortable. You cannot always be comfortable to achieve greatness. That is a trade-off that I am willing to accept. There are also long hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge me to get better while also forcing me to find solutions to my own issues of which I have acquired the knowledge to find.

"Fantastic growth model and atmosphere!"

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Trueself group is the epitome of a great work atmosphere. If you are looking for a work environment that was energetic and would allow you to thrive and grow look nowhere else!

Cons

If you feel stagnant you must look inward

"Looking for a place where you can make a difference? Look no further than Trueself Group Inc."

Current Employee - Manager in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Trueself Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the first things I noticed about the people that work at Trueself is that everyone genuinely cares about the well-being and progression of everyone around them. The people here are motivated, driven, and frankly just fun to be around.

The second thing I really appreciate about Trueself is that I could make a difference and have influence quickly if I worked hard and really applied myself every day. I came in with no experience in sales and mediocre people skills, today I excel in both of those categories and look forward to my next steps with the company in management.

Cons

One negative for some applicants to Trueself could be challenging situations, I personally enjoy a challenge but despite the fact that there is good training at Trueself I am constantly put into new challenging situations where I am learning as I go. You have to be willing to fail and grow from it.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward high performance and take great care of your employees like you have been!

Jan 11, 2018 – President

There comes a time in every company's life when you realize that the influence you have on others and it's those moments that make the risk all worth it. We can't thank you enough for your kind words... More

"Door to Door Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Trueself Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were cool.

Cons

The pay is low because it's commission only and not everyone is cut out for door to door.

Advice to Management

Don't try to trick people into working for you who aren't suited to door to door sales.

Aug 22, 2017 – President

Dear Former Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to review our company. However, I am confused by your review. It is completely against our beliefs to try and “trick” anyone into anything, and... More