Trulia Reviews | Glassdoor

Trulia Reviews

Updated August 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • in short friendly atmosphere, Great benefits, competitive salaries with limitless earnings in sales (in 23 reviews)

• From free food and beverages on a daily basis to incomparable perks and bonuses, Zillow Group truly has an amazing culture (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I agree with the prior review saying upper management seems to be on their own island (in 8 reviews)

• HR gave too much leniency to employee's that were under performing, and it lead to putting management and other sales people in a tough situation (in 7 reviews)

1. "Heavy work load with great culture"

I worked at Trulia full-time

Pros

-Excellent company perks and culture
    -Supportive management
    -They provide lots of opportunities to grow into different roles

Cons

-Salary was lower than the average for my field
    -The workload was heavy to bare at times

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with your compensation if you want to keep non-technical employees

Nov 9, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience at Trulia, found lots of growth opportunities, and experienced our supportive management and excellent... More

"Missed opportunity"

I have been working at Trulia full-time

Pros

Competitive base salary, good RSU compensation.
    There are people who still care about the company.
    Snacks variety is great.
    Good health insurance.

Cons

Most of the best people have left.
    Politics and some really nasty egomaniacs.
    No ESPP.
    Lunch is free only a few times a month.

Advice to Management

Product team is good at politics but not convincing at actual PMing.

Every year, the company goes through the same exercise to redo the search results page and the product details page. And it still doesn't bring in more traffic.

Hire good product people and try to keep them there.

Nov 9, 2016 – President

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

We're very focused on hiring and retaining super-talented people across the whole organization, and working together to deliver great experiences... More

"Great Place To Work, Great Pay and Benefits, Could Innovate More"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love coming into work every day. I work in an environment that promotes risk-taking, daily learning, and ownership of your work. I feel like my voice is heard when I want it to be heard. I feel respected by my peers, despite the fact that I am in my early career.

Cons

I don't feel like Zillow Group innovates anymore. We have every possible feature related to real estate and are only redesigning pages, or re-engineering features. There haven't been that many new, game-changing products being released (besides Premier Agent, which I don't work on).

Nov 9, 2016 – President

So great to read your review! I'm glad you enjoy coming to work every day.

Your comments on risk-taking, learning, ownership, and respect are fantastic and completely in-line with the work... More

"Software Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Just an awesome place to work, people are incredible friendly, the environment reinforces the ideals of innovation and practicality. You have to be a willing to be open and friendly with your coworkers and have fun.

Cons

Honestly I didn't foresee any issues that couldn't be solved outside of a simple conversation. People are approachable and helpful in fixing issues.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! We are young and love to be fed with new challenges.

Oct 4, 2016 – President

I'm so glad that you were able to experience Trulia's friendly, innovative culture during your summer at Trulia. Yet another reason why we love the summer intern program. Thanks for taking the time... More

"Best workplace I've been in"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has done a remarkably good job of selecting colleagues who are both smart and a pleasure to work with. The atmosphere at the office hits the sweet spot of being motivated to succeed and also cooperative, valuing the well being of each member.

Cons

I dislike commuting to downtown SF, which is hectic, and wish I could work from another location. If I ever leave, Bay Area commute/expense will probably be why.

Aug 19, 2016 – President

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your work and are inspired by the people around you. It's always great to hear that long-time Trulians continue to thrive and... More

6. "Contractor"

Former Employee - File Clerk in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - File Clerk in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great snacks, great people, they are always having fun events. I was a temp contractor though so my experiences or not really representative

Cons

There is not much I can really say, as mentioned before I was more of a temp contractor on an assignment so I can't say that I ever got a sense of what was 'wrong' with the company

Jun 15, 2016 – President

Thanks for your review!

- Paul Levine, President

"Great place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Awesome culture, benefits, and leadership

Cons

Quick growth and disorganization. Politics sometimes got in the way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

May 17, 2016 – President

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We'll keep doing what we're doing!

- Paul Levine (President)

"Mobile Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlingame, CA

Pros

I started at Trulia before IPO and left before Zillow acquisition. Trulia has great culture and people. It's very fun to work there. Innovation week, mind body spirit day, easter egg hunt..etc.

Cons

I don't have much to say.

Apr 26, 2016 – President

Thanks so much for your review, and for being part of of the journey from the early days through the IPO. Fun times, right? Things have continued to be exciting and fast-paced since the... More

9. "inside outbound call sales"

Pros

Good concept, great benefits, included from start of job on full time...

Cons

Doesnt put belief in employees, made promises didnt keep, changed pay After hire.

Apr 26, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for responding and acknowledging what's working well. But, I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience with a few things.

However , we 100% believe in our employees. Which is reflected... More

"Truly one of Denver's best places to work!"

I have been working at Trulia full-time

Pros

Zillow Group is consistently on several "best places to work" lists and for very good reasons. I have been with several organizations throughout my professional career and Zillow Group has hands-down done more for me than anywhere else I've worked. First off, the culture is second-to-none. From free food and beverages on a daily basis to incomparable perks and bonuses, Zillow Group truly has an amazing culture. The leadership, starting with Spencer Rascoff on down, the management, and the employees make it a truly great place to work! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic career opportunity! I can honestly say I look forward to going there each and every day and contributing to my team and the organization as a whole!

Cons

Being a tech-based company, you must constantly change and adapt to stay ahead of the competition. Our CEO, Spencer says that if you get complacent, you will get blindsided by the competition. With that said, change is the only constant at Zillow group. If you are flexible and adaptable, it is a very fun, exciting, and challenging atmosphere, but if you prefer the status quo and do not do well with change, it would most certainly not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep on living the core values!

Apr 6, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for this glowing feedback!

Yes, we have an amazing place to work and it is fun coming into it each day. But, its great people, with positive attitudes like yourself, that make it... More