Truman Medical Centers "tmc" Reviews | Glassdoor

Truman Medical Centers Employee Reviews about "tmc"

Updated 27 Dec 2018

3.8
Truman Medical Centers CEO Charlie Shields (no image)
Charlie Shields
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management had lots of stress(in 6 reviews)

• "It does not appear that TMC has any motives for changing how management operates(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "tmc"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place. Great People"

Current Employee - Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Truman Medical Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring, friendly co-workers and patients. Outstanding clinicians. One of the most professional, creative, well-educated teams with which I have ever worked in over 25 years of professional work. Competitive salaries, excellent benefits. Proud to work here and walk the halls every day and to represent TMC in the greater KC community. Primary teaching hospital. Value professional development.

Cons

Misinformed public perception of what and who TMC is. This limits our ability to recruit and serve more people with our quality care.

Advice to Management

Continue to look ahead and stay in the forefront of care of workplace innovation. Continue to grow the business frame of mind and reward initiative and accountability. Tell the story that is TMC!

Truman Medical Centers2016-12-19

"Incredible Teams Terrible Leadership"

I worked at Truman Medical Centers full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a family environment with those who, for the most part, look out for each other, TMC is a great place for you. The heart of the organization is in the right place.

Cons

Leadership knee-jerk reactions to market instead of thoughtful strategy or clear vision. So focused on "39th and Rainbow" they lose sight of what's right in front of them.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to those in leadership positions who add absolutely zero value to their department or organization.

Truman Medical Centers2018-12-27

"Beware"

I worked at Truman Medical Centers full-time

Pros

Truman Medical Centers provides phenomenal services to the community and employees a dedicated staff

Cons

Management on all levels throughout this company have major issues that if you comb threw reviews on this company are very apparent. It does not appear that TMC has any motives for changing how management operates. There is no employee grievance process, work is unevenly divided among other staff and departments, managers are rarely available as TMC places great emphasis on their management being in meetings >90%... for the day every day. Employee complaints/concerns are frequently over looked and employees that attempt to promote positive change are reprimanded. Despite the companies compliance officers encouragement to report issues, if issues are reported employees are immediately run off threw either harassment or terminated. If terminated this company is quick to lie to unemployment to avoid paying out unemployment benefits. Over all, TMC most certainly looks out for "number 1" and this only includes the company's wallet, anything or anyone else in the company's way is eliminated.

Advice to Management

This is difficult, since although management does have many issues, I know now that this issue stem from higher up (corporate officers and directors) as when TMC does get management that attempt to make a positive difference they suddenly "up and resign", management that can "look the other way" are the only ones that last in management at TMC. Not sure how a company can possible expect to run successfully with out... reviewing the management. If any employee has a concern about management one would think that these concerns would be taken seriously, especially when these same concerns are shared with >50% of the other staff and a large number of patients. The corporate structure of this company needs to be reviewed on a much higher level than simply management.

Truman Medical Centers2018-03-18

"First Class"

I have been working at Truman Medical Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything under one roof! Excellent employee benefits, strong focus on employee wellness and growth opportunities along with a warm, inviting culture that is second to none. In addition to how well employees are treated, TMC values our patient community and provides first class service to everyone.

Cons

I have nothing to add in this section

Truman Medical Centers2016-12-19
  5. "Very satisfied."

in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Truman Medical Centers

Pros

Flexible, supportive and committed to employees and the community.

Cons

The TMC facilities could use updating.

Truman Medical Centers2016-09-14
  6. "WIC Dietitian"

Current Employee - WIC Nutritionist in Grandview, MO

I have been working at Truman Medical Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work and I love the people I work with! Pay is very competitive for my field.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working for TMC.

Truman Medical Centers2016-04-22