Trumpet Behavioral Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Lani Fritts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with children and clinical support to gain continuing education units (in 5 reviews)

• great experience working with children with autism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication, too many policy changes (in 9 reviews)

• Again, this is due to the high turnover rate (in 6 reviews)

1. "TBH is the place to be!"

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TBH provides outstanding behavior analytical services to almost 1,000 clients. Our BCBAs and case managers have clinical support from a team of experienced behavior analysts (our Senior Clinicians and Directors of Clinical Services). They also have access to so many resources: from electronic data collection to program banks, and centralized billing, scheduling and authorization teams. Our training is top notch and the quality of our services is outstanding and closely monitored. I am proud to work at TBH!

Cons

TBH is a fast growing organization (as so is the field of Behavior Analysis). One of the challenges we face is to adapt to the constant changes and nuances required by payers. Often our teams comment on changes not realizing that most changes are not initiated by TBH.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the momentum! TBH is a great place to be and as we grow, we need to continue to have great and open communication with all our team members and to maintain our clinical quality!

2. "On the way up!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Focus on clinical quality, great and caring team members

Cons

IN transition right now, but changes are, likely, for the better

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your teams!

"Going downhill fast. Will be leaving soon."

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

The kids are so amazing. Therapists work hard and work well together as a team. San Bruno admin is a super star!

Cons

Scheduling team is unreliable and impossible to work with. Abuse of power (scheduling team will alter your accesses on central reach with no warning). Schedulers promise a therapist for a team but the therapist is already booked OR scheduler will have a solution for your team but never schedule it. Scheduling team doesn’t hear feedback. Scheduling team makes up bizarre policies and implements them with no warning. As a part of the clinician team, this is frustrating to deal with and has a negative impact on the work I need to do.

Poor communication, too many policy changes. Policy changes often not communicated or communicated in a confusing manner.

Unethical relationships between supervisory staff and supervises. Very cliquey environment with some supervisors treating the therapists or supervisees they are closer with better (giving them more opportunities, pushing harder to promote them).

Center is dirty, moldy and unhealthy place to work. Kids shouldn’t be in this environment. Often out of soap in the bathroom, toilet paper rolls kept on floor because the roll holder is broken. Bathroom don’t appear to be deep cleaned.

4. "There are a lot of nice people who work here and the mission of company is important."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people and such important work to help children with autism. Lots of company holidays. Pay is pretty average. Benefits are offered but aren't cheap.

Cons

Benefits are pretty expensive and PTO is minimal. I've also noticed that at least in the Lakewood office there is not one C-level employee that is a woman. Definitely a culture of men rising up and women, not so much. Is too bad.

Advice to Management

Allow women to rise up the ranks and keep them when they do.

"Clinician/ BCBA"

Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency with clear expectations and quarterly reviews
    Comfortable caseload
    No weekend sessions
    Plenty of PTO
    Flexible hours, locations to work
    Work laptop and cell phone
    Not a high turnover rate
    Very friendly and genuinely interested Therapists and Clinicians that really want to make a difference in our client's lives!

Cons

Ever-changing scheduling system that can be difficult to adapt to

Advice to Management

More company sponsored social events

6. "Great place to learn and work"

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing learning opportunities and supervision from dedicated and knowledgeable BCBAs. The BCBAs have resources that they share with therapist team members to further our education and passion of the field. Clients are always first and the clinicians will step in and take clients if a therapist calls out. While there are changes happening, the management and clinicians try to explain them and show they are working to make things better and more consistent and help more families. The company makes changes but isn't afraid of feedback and can adjust if the feedback is genuine and makes sense for the team members and the organization. You have an opportunity to get a raise every quarter if your in good standing with the company and completing your job. They also pay for you to be an RBT and provide all the training.

Cons

The time off request have to be in 2 months in advance, which takes some planning, but it is understandable since the scheduling team works on the schedule for families. When we told management we were unhappy with that they increased our personal days to 8 which means we can take them with less notice when we need them. They also worked with me when I had a sick kid and had to be out so it didn't count negatively against me.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with the team members we like to know what is going on and appreciate the reasoning behind changes as the organization and local locations grow.

"RBT"

Former Employee - RBT in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - RBT in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping kids, that is the only positive thing about this place.

Cons

The worst management I have ever experienced. No support for employees. They treat their staff very poorly. I overheard a manager for the region state "People are constantly complaining that they need more hours, but then they insist on taking a lunch". Apparently taking a 30 minute lunch break is unacceptable. I imagine if they were investigated by the labor board, there would be serious issues.

Advice to Management

Hire people that know labor laws and can provide positive support for their clients.

"Change is in the air"

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Good Benefits and Co-Workers are great!

Cons

Lots of changes are happening in the company right now. Employees feel under appreciated and over worked. Company doesn’t always look out for the little man.

Advice to Management

If you take care of your smallest employees well, they’ll take care of you. Especially when they are the ones bringing in the money and working with the clients.

9. "Fine Employment"

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Happy People to Work With

Cons

Still learning structure within company

10. "Clients first"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Teamwork
    Collaboration & support
    Changing clients lives

Cons

None to report at this time