Trumpet Behavioral Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Lani Fritts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with children who have autism is a very gratifying job and the staff is very friendly (in 4 reviews)

• It is a fun and supportive work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor communication with management, condescending individuals, poor professionalism, low moral (in 5 reviews)

• For health benefits ect, you need to be a full time employee (in 4 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Registered Behavioral Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Registered Behavioral Technician in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Earn paid time off while you work part time, quarterly raise upon evals.

Cons

Sometimes you don't have enough clients for the hours you would like.

"Okay place to work part-time, not very great if you need hours"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The families! - we work with amazing families that make every day enjoyable. It's rewarding. Never bored -- every day is different. Co-workers are awesome, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

As many others have expressed, scheduling has become a nightmare. It was a lot better when scheduling was done in house, but with their new centralized scheduling, it's been near impossible to get the hours you need. It's frustrating when you've been there a while and they're constantly hiring new therapists who are getting hours that you've been asking for. Communication within the local office is great, but any communication done with the centralized team is horrible! Don't even bother trying to get a response from them because the response will be weeks late if you manage to get a response at all. You are sometimes taken off a case with no warning (since new management). New hires are put on.. makes you feel like they're really more after the money because new hires are paid significantly less than some who have been there a while. So by swapping you out with a new hire, there's more in Trumpet's pocket. Not fair to the therapist and also not fair to the client.

Advice to Management

Bring back the local office teams. Trumpet used to be a fun place to work where you felt like you could learn, grow, and thrive. Now it feels like it's just another big business that cares more about profit than what's really best for the clients we serve.

3. "Behavior therapists"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people are nice to you

Cons

there are no cons that I have

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice

4. "Trumpet isn't what is seems"

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none to working with company.

Cons

Every benefit that was there was taken away. We were able to work part time and acquire PTO however we have to request time off over 6 weeks in advance. These PTO requests are constantly denied.

You aren't getting a chance to make a significant difference in clients lives because the BCBA turnover rate is so high. They have fired/let go of the most valuable people on the team and kept new inexperienced BCBA's on.

You won't receive quality experience as an RBT. The clinicians availability has significantly dropped due to higher ups trying to keep them at extreme billable rates.

They aren't paying workers for non-billable time yet still requiring us to complete the tasks.

The core values of the company have been completely lost.

New hires replace you even if you where a valuable asset to the child's case (to the point where they are working 40+ hours more a month than higher paid seasoned therapists.

The incoming pay rate is disgustingly low for what we do. $11.50 - 12.50
    is not worth it to a highly educated or capable person to do a scientific based therapy.
    We are teaching/giving THERAPY to children yet people get paid higher to roll burritos.

The scheduler just sees you as body and doesn't communicate period when it comes to schedule changes.

There has been times where therapists are literally glorified babysitters because the clinician has no programs in place or not enough in place, wont train you on the program, doesn't have a target sheet, and no materials prepared for the program.

It's saddening that these things are going on behind the parents back and they are roping in new therapists everyday to do their dirty work.

Advice to Management

Dissolve all assets. Your practices are doing a disservice to your clients and are hindering their entire future.

5. "Good Training"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Great training in ABA therapy

Cons

Trumpet is unable to provide therapists with adequate work hours,scheduling is inconsistent and unpredictable, management micromanages . Hourly wage fluctuates depending on what job you are performing each day. You will be paid close to minimum wage for certain job functions and paid a higher wage during other parts of the day.

Advice to Management

Keep management in house. There is no way that a corporate office states away can properly manage every center across the US.

6. "Great support"

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time

Pros

Everyone's willing to help and there's a lot of opportunity for growth

Cons

Scheduling makes work hours inconsistent

7. "A pleasure to work with"

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time

Pros

I enjoyed working here. People were helpfull.

Cons

Did not enjoy driving 30 miles to clients.

"New CEO has ruined the company"

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro anymore is the children I work with and my co-workers. There is no positivity to this place since it's became all about money and not about the kids or the employees

Cons

Where to start. There is no positive benefit to working here. The people higher then the BCBA only care about money. Hours are super low even when you have worked there for years. Clients cancel they don't care. They have a too bad so sad attitude.

Advice to Management

Go back to being about the children and quit being a money hungry unethical place. It i horrible now.

9. "Nice applied behavioral analysis company"

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

Great staff to work with
    Fun work environment

Cons

Health benefit package could be better

"Soup Sandwich"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Fairborn, OH

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's rewarding watching kids learn and grow.
    The team had monthly fun outings.

Cons

It's like putting liquid between 2 solids and expecting it to hold together...there were too many changes at once and none of them panned out well.
    Low pay for education/experience.
    Limited opportunity to move up.
    Stressful work environment with schedules constantly changing at last minute.
    Payroll had a lot of people who they owed backpay to.

Advice to Management

The clinical director was great, but the higher ups would not listen to the individual centers. The new CEO only cares about money, not the clients or their employees. Listen to the people who are experiences problems every day.