Cover image for Trumpet Behavioral Health

Healthcare

1d

a

Utilization Review Specialist

I don’t know what to make of this. I’ve been out of work and interviewing for 3.5 weeks now. I feel like they go really well, then I get, we will call you and let you know we have a couple other candidates. Then poof nothing. SMH…I am very skilled and would be a great benefit for someone. Has anyone else run into this problem? Please any advice would help. Thanks so much.

6 Comments

Healthcare

80.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Trumpet Behavioral Health~382146
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Trumpet Behavioral Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team

Nov 21, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team is great and communication is great

Cons

None they are great with all

2. 4.0

Good people here!

Nov 18, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of people working here seems to be very good! Kind hearts and they enjoy the children who come here Good pay, although it's really what the starting pay SHOULD be for RBTs once credentialed. Too-low pay for RBTs is a field-wide problem, not a company trait. Overall a nice balance between being comfortable and relaxed and being clinical and professional. I have been happy overall here! The center in Plano is really nice!

Cons

Team website for employees has outdated policy and benefits information...you get the current info "as you go" Management has been lacking for the location. The management and admin we have has to manage multiple sites all over the state so not everything is addressed amd handled as smoothly as it should be. The people in the positions are good though! Lacking in practical training. We learned how to convert notes in the data tracker but did not get trained on how to navigate all of the tracker including how the data collection works. Get familiar with CentralReach before starting here so you don't come in totally new to it. No paid time off for RBTs, except a couple of sick days accrued slooooowly. RBTs are the ones who need the time off to recharge as we are the front line, but we can't have that without losing rent money. I personally find that outright offensive. They use a bot to schedule although they also have a remote scheduling department PLUS a site admin and a lot of time and effort is spent correcting what the bot did wrong.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Trumpet Behavioral Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

The most supportive coworkers around

Nov 6, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the most empathetic, open, welcoming group of coworkers I’ve ever had. I know I can count on them if I’m struggling. This shines through to the work we do with our clients. It’s a blast to interact and grow with the kids. You’ll learn and grow as a person just as much the kids. Benefits are decent, too

Cons

Scheduling can be a mess and change at the last minute due to cancellations and call outs. This could lead hours to fluctuate but the guaranteed schedule program allows you to work full time with benefits regardless of client cancellations and scheduling issues.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Energy

Nov 10, 2022 - Chief Clinical Officer in Livermore, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I write this review with the full understanding that my identity can be revealed - there is only one person with my job title at Trumpet. Thus, my main goal in writing this review is to provide an insiders perspective on where our company has been and where we are now with the intent to help inform people who may be considering coming to work with us. I've worked here for over a decade in various roles and have certainly seen waves of change over the years. Trumpet has had different "personalities" over time and we, like most organizations have had to navigate many challenges. Within the past year, there has been a fundamental and truly positive shift in the DNA of our company. It's a little hard to describe, and you may not see it in a bunch of glitz and glam through our social media sites - the energy comes from leadership who truly enjoy working together and are genuinely committed to listening, making change and creating an environment that people truly want to be in. There is a lot of "we get to do..." vs. "we have to do ..." and much excitement about expanding access to care to a variety of profiles. We get energized by creating innovative systems, processes and solving problems. I am sure leadership teams working together and collaborating is not special to Trumpet, but what I've seen over the past year is the spread of this energy to the rest or our organization. You see the same spirit of collaboration between RBTs, administrative staff and any team member here, which I find to be super special and very unique. We communicate extremely well and create an open loop for communication at all levels. I write this as I enter into a meeting with a newly hired associated clinician, as I reflect on the culture and specific events that led me to write this review - I consider that time with him - We have some 1:1 time scheduled so I can get to know him, his professional background and interests and support him in his career here at TBH. Not because I have to or because anyone put that task in my job description, but because I'm genuinely excited to spend time learning about this new person who has chosen to be here and to be a part of something very special. It's truly a joyful place to be.

Cons

No cons to share at this time

6. 3.0

I'm Not Sure Yet

Nov 21, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with children is wonderful. And, you will be doing that here.

Cons

Working with other RBT's. Like, making sure you all get along. Making sure that they focus on their clients, and then you can focus on your client. Working together. And, not staring at you, because you are different. That happens when I work at these places with little diversity. I hope they are more mature.(The adults).

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall great

Nov 18, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding and meeting awesome people

Cons

Admin was not great at communicating and would often forget to tell me my appointment was cancelled until after I had driven sometimes over an hour to get there.

8. 5.0

The grass IS greener!

Jul 1, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined TBH from another company and I wish I would have done it sooner. I had a positive experience right from the very start. Before my first day, someone called me to make sure I had everything I needed. He was super friendly and let me know everything I needed for my first day. I was greeted like I was the CEO of the company by everyone my first week! In my first week, I was invited to go to a discussion on Diversity, and to learn about discounts on tuition with a university and through Trumpet's tuition assistance program. At my old company, I barely saw my supervisor or any supervisor for that matter! They didn't seem to care about my work or developing me as a human and professional. At Trumpet, I have received so much helpful supervision! When I ask questions, people answer and if I need support, I just ask for it! The company is fun too - there are all kinds of giveaways, fun videos and recognitions here. I am telling my other RBT friends that the grass really is greener over here :)!!!!!!!! I am thinking I might go back to school now to be a behavior supervisor so I can develop and stay at TBH for a long time:)

Cons

NONE!! Seriously!! NONE at all that I can think of!

Trumpet Behavioral Health Response

Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a glowing review! We pride ourselves on our teamwork and inclusiveness, and we are so happy it makes you enjoy working with us!

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Low Wages, Bad Management, No benefits

Nov 21, 2022 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

More often than not, your direct co-workers and supervisors will be great. Training and resources are also a big plus.

Cons

Pay is horrible and trying to get a raise is even harder. They do not value their employees, not even their long-time staff. Everyone is dispensable. Management and Execs never look for feedback and when feedback is given, nothing is done with it. No PTO and minimal days off per year.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

+ / -

Nov 21, 2022 - Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent clinical training and positive relationships and support between direct colleagues.

Cons

Burnout culture - an organization that is intended to support and teach vulnerable populations but is unable to identify, assess and provide effective support when those individuals are their staff; pseudo silo mentality

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT DIRECTION OF THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP

Oct 7, 2022 - AR Supervisor in Lakewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The direction of support and for each employee and as a company is amazing. It is clear that everyone is heard and their roles, clinical or administrative, are important. You feel like you are making a difference in making the company successful and I am glad that I am a part of it. I can't wait to see what our future looks like.

Cons

Most of my team works remote and I miss seeing them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 445 Reviews
</>Embed

Trumpet Behavioral Health Reviews FAQs

Trumpet Behavioral Health has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 453 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Trumpet Behavioral Health to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Trumpet Behavioral Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Trumpet Behavioral Health. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

78% of Trumpet Behavioral Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Trumpet Behavioral Health 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Trumpet Behavioral Health to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Trumpet Behavioral Health Job Seekers