Truphone Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Truphone CEO Ralph Steffens
Ralph Steffens
  1. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in Durham, NC

I worked at Truphone for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with. Office environment was very positive and fun.

Cons

Business shut down/no more openings

Truphone2017-04-27

"Excellent, hard working team hampered by incompetent leadership"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Truphone full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits were good, pay was good, work environment was good. The team as a whole were excellent folks - people you'd love to work with.

Cons

Leadership had no clue. often resorted to insults and expletives as standard operating procedure (aka Motivation). Mass hiring in mid 2014 was not thought out, and as a result, layoffs and closing of US offices by end of year 2014. No "lead from the front" leaders here. Just yes-men anxious to cash out when this company sells.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team, don't hire dozens of people without a real plan. Mass hirings and then layoffs within 6 months is inexcusable.

Truphone2015-02-06

"The best company I’ve worked for"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at Truphone full-time for more than a year

Pros

No company is perfect but I’ve worked for a number of companies over my short career and Truphone has been the highlight so far. It has a wonderful work environment and was a place I looked forward to coming into every day. They encourage team comradary and I felt like the work I was putting in was always noted and appreciated.

Cons

As I mentioned, no office is perfect but I had no major faults or complaints with the company or people.

Truphone2018-05-15

Truphone Response

February 18, 2019Global Resourcing Manager

That’s so good to here! We’re very glad you felt you had a fulfilling professional experience at Truphone. All the best in your future endeavours.

"Proud to be part of such an innovative company"

Current Employee - Global Marketing Director in London, England

I have been working at Truphone full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative culture Great people Appetite to disrupt the global connectivity ecosystem Supportive investors Ambitious CEO Huge investment in technology Big brand partners (Apple) & customers (Netflix, Tesla) London-headquartered global organisation

Cons

In the biggest time of transition in Truphone, our biggest challenge is lack of time... We have very ambitious plans in: Mobile Recording (a no-brainer product for financial services to comply with MiFID II regulation) B2B enterprise and consumer SIMs through our seamless global network Powering Apple iPads with eSIMs to enable customers to be local when travelling Own IoT platform that is already shaking up the connected...

Advice to Management

I'm part of management. We're focused on delivering excellent solutions for customers across our product portfolio, whilst continuing to invest in future-proofing pur business in new areas. Exciting times!

Truphone2017-09-07