Trusted Mission Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Technical Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quality people and workplace, always understand my job and role in the company, fun job with competitive pay

Cons

Lack of communication can be a challenge at times, but otherwise I have no other complaints. Keep doing what you're doing!

Advice to Management

Improve small aspects of communication, but outside of that I think this company is a well oiled machine

Feb 23, 2017 – Director, Employee Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re very glad you’re enjoying your work and have an overall positive perception of the company. The management team is rolling out changes that ... More

2. "lack of communication"

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Rockville, MD

I worked at Trusted Mission Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing good to say

Cons

If you work at a customer site, you are out of mind. Very little communication on topics that are very important to the employees.

Advice to Management

Better communications with off site employees

Feb 23, 2017 – Director, Employee Care

We’re sorry to hear your experience was less than positive. Communication is very important to us and we do strive to keep our teams at client sites in the loop of what’s going on at the corporate ... More

3. "Great People, Great Place & Great Company"

Former Employee - Business Analyst/QA Tester in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst/QA Tester in McLean, VA

I worked at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time

Pros

I had a great time working at TMS. The managements were exceptional, the people were great and the workplace atmosphere awesome.

The management listens to workers' concern and it places more value on people and process. So much to be said which underscores TMS as one of the great places to work and I will be glad to work there again!

Cons

Not many dining options within a walking distance to the office.

Advice to Management

Please continue whatever you are doing...even better!

Feb 23, 2017 – Director, Employee Care

Thank you for your positive review!

4. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Trusted Mission Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very ethical company with excellent business skills and sense. Management is very hard working and doesn't demand anything of employees that they don't model for us. Management is very competitive in bidding on government contracts and really knows what they are doing.

When a contract coming up for rebid took longer than expected, management kept us informed as much as possible.

Salaries and benefits are fair and competitive with others in the DC area. They will support (pay for) training after being employed for a year.

I've worked for TMS for several years on two contracts and have enjoyed working here. They've responded very positively for most things I requested, and if they couldn't do something, they explained why (rarely happened).

TMS is a great place to work.

Cons

While TMS paid for training, I did need to use my own leave. It was worth it to get the training and certification, so I don't consider this a real con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "Trusted Mission has been by far the best company I have worked for."

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working at TMS. Migrated to another company with the contract, otherwise I would not have left. Never had any issues with the management or CEO. Examples in the negative review are incorrect - I was able to cash unused PTO balance upon departure. Benefits package is in line with the industry standards. I had a child born while working at TMS, and took a week off and never had a problem with work/

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Apr 22, 2015 – Director, Employee Care

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with TMS.

6. "A Great Company with an Amazing CEO"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TMS truly treats its employees like family. Your contributions are valued, and you are given lots of opportunities to grow professionally and learn new skills.

Cons

Employees are dispersed in different locations depending on the contract on which they are working.

7. "Great start for career"

I have been working at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time

Pros

I was given a secret clearance for free. They pay for school after 6 months. I've learned a lot from the contract. Always events happening.

Cons

If you are kind of a reserved person they can get kind of annoying with all of the meet and greets, parties, and whatnot.

8. "TMS review"

I worked at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time

Pros

The management are friendly and very accessible. The work-life balance is great. The upper management cares about its employees.

Cons

Not much emphasis on training and helping the employee grow. As, it is a small company dependent on government contracting, you will most likely have to start look elsewhere within a few year. But then again, most government contracting small firms are like that.

Feb 23, 2017 – Director, Employee Care

We’re glad to hear your overall experience was positive! While we are a small but growing company and can’t always move an employee to another project, we do make every effort to do so when a ... More

9. "Developer"

Pros

Good Balance between work life and personal life. Friendly staff and coworkers.

Cons

Benefits need to be improved for this company

Advice to Management

Improve benefits other than that everything is good!

"Worst company ever"

I worked at Trusted Mission Solutions full-time

Pros

If they are desperate, they will pay you a lot.

Cons

The owner couldnt care less about her employees. She's ice cold and is only concerned about the bottom line. She could care less about the well being of her staff and does not treat them with respect. She works like a horse and expects the same from her staff. No such thing as work-life balance in her world. She doesnt care that you have a family. Benefits are are not up to industry standards (i.e. no bereavement leave, can not cash out leave upon departure)

Dec 12, 2014 – Director, Employee Care

While it’s true that the CEO is extremely hard-working and expects a high level of performance from her staff, work-life balance is important to her and to TMS. Most of our employees work at sites ... More