Trustify Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 29, 2019

2.5
Danny Boice

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Culture and Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Trustify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing quickly and the leadership is motivating and competent. The founders really do practice what they preach and do a great job of motivating members of the team.

Cons

There have been some bad hires that were toxic. It is hard to hire for the growth and make sure that new folks match the strong culture of the team.

Advice to Management

Be careful about hiring to match culture as you quickly scale

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience since my first day..."

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Trustify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great business plan....the CEO and his family are great people who care about the employees. During the typical lean times in a relatively new business, the continue to make great efforts to support their staff. I also thoroughly enjoy my fellow employees and the atmosphere.

Cons

I haven't experienced any to this date.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Worst job I've ever had in my life"

Former Employee - Customer Success
    Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Trustify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A handful of awesome people.

Cons

Besides the handful of great people I worked with, nothing. The company is no longer operating, nobody answers the phone. Nobody will respond to any messages. There's only 3 employees left, one of which is the CEO who refused to pay 9 of his employees and then fired them. The company is literally a shell company, there's no work being done. I encourage you to "apply" for one of the positions they have listed if you don't believe me.

Advice to Management

Turn yourselves into jail, you're committing crimes and it's already catching up to you with the subpoena's and lawsuits against you.

"If you are thinking of taking a job here, turn around... NOW. You won't regret it."

I worked at Trustify full-time

Pros

A view the company cannot afford

Cons

Literally everything. The company had a great staff, but the CEO let the majority of them go when the staff brought to his attention one of the major problems he has: he cannot pay anyone, staff included. Most (if not all) of the money the company ever had was given by investors, and due to the company's ever-growing bad reputation, investors are few and far between these days. Which means no money to pay vendors and the staff on time.

The CEO worries more about what people blog about him instead of focusing on a product that actually could have been a great idea. And again, he worried more about the blogger than the great staff he was letting walk out the door recently. He truly cares about no one other than himself.

This company gives legitimate startups who want to do well a bad name by taking advantage of investors' money. If you are genuinely considering taking a job at the company, believe the blogger and believe the bad reviews on this site (the rest of the recent good reviews are fake)... and do your research. I wish I had listened to the reviews and google results when I was considering working there.

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff. And google "how to be a good human."

"Fake Reviews"

I worked at Trustify full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company.

Cons

Employees, PIs, and vendors do not get paid. The CEO/Founder has no idea what he's doing and is completely irrational. If you're thinking about working here or investing, read the real reviews former employees have left and pay attention to the blogger (we know Danny does!).

Advice to Management

Be more clever when putting up your fake reviews; in the past 2 days you've posted more reviews from 'current employees' than the number of people who actually work there.

"Dishonest and Failing"

I worked at Trustify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. Even if you're just looking for a steady paycheck, you won't find that here.

Cons

Toxic work environment, terrible management, lack of payment for work completed. This place has it all. This business attempts to present itself as a professional and successful startup, but this is extremely dishonest.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time trying to astroturf Glassdoor, Facebook, etc and run your business. Pay your bills. Do some actual work to progress your company instead of attempting to keep up appearances.

"Do Not Work Here!"

I worked at Trustify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fascinating study in what not to do when running a business. If you’d like to know what leadership looks like, watch Danny Boyce and then do whatever he isn’t. They don’t respect or communicate employees. They don’t have a business plan. They spend their money on gourmet food baskets while neglecting their rent. They don’t pay their contractors. They don’t pay their bills. I learned a lot.

Cons

My primary complaint was they fail to distinguish between employees and volunteers. I’m one of those rare people who likes to be paid for their work (with money rather than cold-brew coffee, and encouraging words).

Advice to Management

Pay your employees, pay your contractors, pay your rent.

"Improving..."

I have been working at Trustify full-time

Pros

Flexible, beautiful office, quite relaxed.

Cons

Typical startup management, lackluster motivation in some areas. I guess they're too relaxed sometimes?

Advice to Management

Focus on processes and goals.

"Startup with no business plan, no plan for growth or longevity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Trustify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly stipend for parking or transportation costs

Cons

No solvent business plan for growth or longevity - business seemed to be financed solely on investment money.
    Ownership's constant paranoia of industry bloggers and staff overwhelmed any potential for success, became main focus, not the health or solvency of the business
    Unable (or refused to) pay staff, vendors, contractors
    "Lipstick on a pig" - offices give the visual impression of success; focus more on "amenities"

"Toxic Environment"

I worked at Trustify full-time

Pros

Somewhat innovative product (minus the regulatory issues) rendered pointless due to mismanagement.

Cons

The staff works hard but receives little support from management, management elevates inexperienced employees to roles they are incapable of, there is an extremely high turnover rate and critical feedback is discouraged. As stated in the few *uncoerced* reviews on Glassdoor, former employees are ostracized and lies are made up about them to segregate them from current employees. This is not an effort to express bitterness but a warning to all who are considering working for or with this organization: save yourself the anxiety! Go look for an organization that will treat you with the respect and professionalism you deserve.

Advice to Management

“The first key to leadership was self-control, particularly the mastery of pride, which was something more difficult, he explained, to subdue than a wild lion and anger, which was more difficult to defeat than the greatest wrestler. He warned them that "if you can't swallow your pride, you can't lead.”
    ― Jack Weatherford, Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World