Trustwave Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Arthur Wong

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home if needed" (in 26 reviews)

• "Extremely respectful of work/life balance (at least in the department I'm in)" (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very reactive organization, can be attributed to lack of communication" (in 6 reviews)

• "Terrible upper management who value internal politics over growth" (in 9 reviews)

"Lots of opportunity for those who want it"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Talented and Smart colleagues
    Trustwave Academy – the opportunity to learn
    Health, dental, vision, transit benefits
    Flexibility to work from home if needed
    The size of the company and access to senior leadership
    Location, transportation to office, office space

Cons

Growing pains of integration with other cyber companies

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep communicating

2. "A little scattered"

I worked at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Great suite of services, products, and people! (spiderlabs)

Cons

Management support non-existent.
    Getting deals through Salesops is worse than a root canal.

Aug 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Any Sales Ops team would be challenged by our recent growth and large complex deals. With the award-winning implementation of Salesforce.com and the global expansion of... More

"Flexible hours, poor leadership"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Great office and flexible hours.
    *Commission structure is fairly generous.
    *Benefits are great.

Cons

*Culture is a major issue at this company. Mainly because there isn't a defined cutlure in the Chicago office. You will start on your first day meet your team, and then your on your own. Not a teamwork like atmosphere, its the wild west in the Trustwave office and every rep is for them selves.
    *Management is awful. Most of the sales managers are very under qualified for the job, and therefor you have sales teams not performing because their manager isn't very good at sales and isn't a good leader.
    *The office is run by one individual, and he runs the office through fear and intimidation. He will ask of you to reach out to him and include him in stuff, but then not show up to meeting invites he accepts or just decline it with no explanation as to why. Stay away from him at all costs if he isn't your boss, he is unprofessional and has an attitude with everyone.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed in the office. the reps can only do so much and every sales organization needs strong leaders to help push the reps to the next level. The current leadership in place is a joke in the Chicago office. If the company wants to turn this company around and actually start selling, it's going to need management and leaders who are good at communicating, knowledgeable, and dedication. That is lacking right now in the Chicago office.

Aug 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for recognizing our market-leading benefits and compensation package. Our new sales leadership is 100% committed to motivating and inspiring the team to achieve its fullest potential.

"Exciting Place to Work"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Cyber security business, smart, friendly co-workers, high-tech office space, great benefits, casual work environment, flexibility, CEO and leadership team have a strong vision for the future.

Cons

There are some that resist change; however, there is nothing wrong with change if it is in the right direction.

Advice to Management

The more communication the better.

"New Changes have been great"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

New GTM strategy has been a long time coming.

Cons

Every company has it's sour fruit. Lots of change, if you're a creature of habit; could be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue being transparent as possible to employees

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - SME Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SME Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laidback, ability to work remote, happy hours, good benefits

Cons

Salary is no where near competitive to similar tech firms.
    A lot of favoritism in the company which creates a toxic culture.
    Management is super disorganized. Not many are aware of what their own role's duties are.
    No innovation or invements in products/R&D
    Slowly turning into a reseller

Advice to Management

Drastic changes every year will encourage turn over, especially when the salaries can't even compete with a start-up.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location.
    Close to public transit.
    Nice office.
    Met some great people.
    Opportunity to work from him depending on what team you’re on.

Cons

Unattainable quotas.
    Terrible management.
    Terrible internal communication.
    Low pay/ terrible commission structures.
    No explanation given when changes are made.
    Too many products offered.
    Quarterly business reviews are a joke. The teams are small and management knows all the deals you’re working on. They use the QBR’s to basically tell you how bad you’re doing.
    Clients don’t renew because the services were bad or the price went up an insane amount.

I could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Stop driving people out of the company. People who were on my team have been asked multiple times “if they want to be there”. Instead of motivating people to want to be there and be successful, they push people out. Management is TERRIBLE. Please get people in there that actually know how to manage a team. Find a direction that you want the company to go and stick to it.

Trustwave needs to understand that the market for Cyber security is over saturated and companies will go elsewhere to get the services they need at much lower prices. I’ve lost deals because We were 50-60 percent overpriced compared to the next competitor and that included a 30-40 percent discount. I would love to know who makes the price book...

Lastly, pay your employees!!

8. "Great for self-motivated/directed people"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

As long as you get your work done, you are left alone.

Cons

You are left alone unless you don't get your work done.

Advice to Management

Engage with your employees more, give them a career path and development.

"Time to look in the mirror"

I worked at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. Good people. Cool office. Sales training.

Cons

- low low pay. Can’t attract talent or retain it. It is a complex portfolio, start paying up if you want to have people stay and master it
    - The sales organization structure is a disaster. A leader needs to come in from a developed organization and blow it up. Start from the ground floor, BDRs, proven and positive leaders, appropriate internal support. Set realistic goals and attainable goals. A pathway for raises, promotions, and career growth
    - negativity can be felt when you walk in the doors. Not healthy
    - no investment in marketing. Zero connect between marketing and sales
    - collaboration between departments is terrible = lost $
    - not agile enough to thrive in competitive market

Advice to Management

Invest in people. Clean out the negativity and bring in new blood. Improve communication. Streamline processes between departments. Stop with the red tape / politics.

"Unless desperate for job, AVOID!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility to work from home (depending on team assigned)
    Good vacation and holidays
    Benefits (401k, dental, medical, vision and pet insurance)
    Easy commute. All major transportation is about a block away (Red, Purple, Brown Line)

Cons

I worked there for a little over a year from 2016 to 2017 and still have a few friends there that haven't left or been forced to quit and this company seems to just constantly be getting worse. We had a class of about 40 people and within a year, over half left. The ones that remain are actively seeking new job opps.

Selling at this company is incredibly difficult. Not only do you have to sell to a difficult market, once you get someone interested in buying, you then have to jump through an insane amount of hoops internally within the company. Whether it be getting quotes approved, requesting scopes of a clients infrastructure, or even just getting technical questions answered can be like pulling teeth.

Hitting goal is almost impossible if you are not given a good territory with good renewals. The people who "make goal" is almost entirely made up of people who have been there for many years just living off renewals or new employees with previous employees past deals.

Leadership is terrible. Two directors (who I will not name but I'm sure anyone working there or who worked there in the past know who I'm talking about) seem set out to just break people down and pressure them to leave instead of helping you and making you better. You will be spoken down to and micro managed. I have seen them break down multiple individuals during quarterly business reviews and many people have quit just avoid being managed by them.

I could write pages on this company and why you should avoid it. The first 3-5 months were great and I met many great people. But if you are looking for a career and actually want to make money in sales. Do NOT work for this company.

Advice to Management

Get new ones.

Aug 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your candor. Trustwave is openly going through several changes to strengthen the business and we are striving to make this the best place to work.