Trustwave Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Trustwave CEO and President Robert J. McCullen
Robert J. McCullen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Extremely respectful of work/life balance (at least in the department I'm in) (in 27 reviews)

• Work / Life Balance - Work from home (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Very reactive organization, can be attributed to lack of communication (in 6 reviews)

• Terrible upper management who value internal politics over growth (in 9 reviews)

"Here for good"

Current Employee - Mss in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mss in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Demanding and keeps me on my toes. Great certificate bonus program. Promotes skill development. I can only speak for my team, but it consists of some GREAT people that make my job very rewarding. I look forward to working every day. I have been here almost 5 years, and can see myself working here for the rest of my career. Great location, comprehensive benefits program, quarterly performance based bonuses, beautiful offices, nice perks, and a reputation that allows me to be proud of the company I represent.

Cons

Very reactionary instead of pro-active when it comes to architectural things like back-end systems and support tools. More often than not, intuitive back-end systems as well as thorough efforts to create tools that promote efficient operations comes often as an afterthought rather than well planned out before hand... Of course, this is somewhat understandable due to the fact that we try to remain ahead of the curve and leading edge, however, I feel this can be improved upon.

Advice to Management

Be willing to invest more into our back-end systems, tools, and support infrastructure as was put into building out the 6th & 7th floor atrium.

2. "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Company"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

-No leadership
    -No support
    -'CEO' comes in, says nice things, and then disappears
    -No commission plan
    -No strategy
    -No idea what they are doing

Advice to Management

It took Singtel 3 years to destroy company. Now what?

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

The paychecks never bounce - it's the only thing I can think of.

Cons

No management - I had one 1:1 in a year with my direct manager.
    We had 4 team calls in the same time frame - all others were cancelled.

Draconian processes makes it almost impossible to sell. The median sales team never made quota.

Customer satisfaction issues require help from the non-existant help from the top

No executive help, even when requested with really good customers.

Really poor pay- base is under par and they find ways to cut your variable comp attainment.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Invest in them, make them feel less like a factory drone and more like a super star. Help them, sales is a team sport. Get out and talk to your customers, instead of sitting in the glass room.

Apr 17, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trustwave. While it’s disappointing to hear that the only pro is receiving a paycheck, we do appreciate the insight. Our goal is to put forth... More

4. "Sales"

Pros

It was a job. That’s really it.

Cons

wasn’t the best Work life balance.

Apr 17, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience at Trustwave. While we are a large company, the leadership and management team does its very best to... More

5. "RUN FROM CSS"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+benefits are pretty decent
    +beautiful renovations on 6th & 7th floor
    +decent co-workers

Cons

I think Trustwave is going through an interesting transitional period as a whole. Upper management is pretty much non-existent and this can make some employees upset. If you're lucky you may be able to catch them at a company party.

I have only worked in the CSS dept so I can only speak specifically about this department. It seems like an okay place to get started in your career, but it's going to take a lot from you to get through that first year before you can transfer to a different department. If you're an analyst, which is just a fancy way of saying customer service rep, you're going to deal with people day and night screaming at you about compliance. Then once the customers are done screaming at you, the heads of the dept will then bother you about your break times. You are monitored like a child. You get exactly a 30 minute lunch break, one minute over and they're breathing down your neck. Because of the high turnover rate for analysts, you get an average of 20 seconds (I'm not joking) before you're on the next call. You're overworked and frustrated constantly. You speak to CSS managers about your concerns, give suggestions, they act like they care, and then absolutely nothing changes.

If you can begin in any other dept, I would highly recommend it.

Advice to Management

All of the managers in CSS need to be seriously evaluated. They are micro-managing nuts that talk poorly about employees behind their backs and smile in their faces. It's quite appalling, and they lack true professionalism. I know we aren't the programming geniuses that run this company, but I really hope HR truly takes the time to speak candidly with other CSS employees about ways to improve the department or very soon you won't have any analysts left.

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Ops in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers and the Chicago office is beautiful.

Cons

Poor communication from the top down, it appears as though leadership has no organizational initiatives and that funnels down into clear goals for employees.

Very reactive organization, can be attributed to lack of communication. Also, leads to indecision (if you can locate a decision maker). Ultimately this causes inefficiencies which cost the organization time/money.

Overall, the company is experiencing growing pains as it transitions from a "start-up" to a mid market company owned by a large multi-national (Singtel). This means new internal process that most employees don't like but are necessary as the business matures.

Advice to Management

I think a flatter org structure would alleviate some of the cons. There seem to be a lot unnecessary layers.

Singtel needs to take on more of a leadership role within the organization, which it appears they will be with their new head of Cyber Security. They have the cash and "know how" to transform the organization.

Feb 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We take any and all comments into consideration as we continue to grow and remain a strong competitor in our industry.

While Trustwave is... More

"TW is what you make it"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Colleagues
    Fun young upbeat culture.
    Great introduction to a high growth industry
    Uncapped Commission Potential
    Yearly President Club Trip
    Manager's want to see you win and our collaborative when you seek out the extra help.

Cons

Like drinking from a fire hose in the beginning if not familiar with IT and Cyber Security.
    3 month+ Sales process.
    Takes time to build confidence on the phone with customers.
    Inter department communication
     Some departments seem to be a detriment to sales.

Advice to Management

Listen to your first line managers they are getting most real time feedback from the customers. Both good and bad.

8. "Great opportunity for anyone in sales looking for true solution selling."

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very laid back but still has great internal communications on vision and goals.

- Great sales leadership and mid-level management.
    - Many solutions to sell.
    - The work environment is relaxed and casual while still remaining professional.
    - Casual dress
    - Nobody micro-managing your day to day if you're well prepared to execute a plan to help your own and Trustwaves growth.
    - Ping pong, Golden Tee, Pool Table for times when you need a break.

Cons

-Overall they could do a better with compensation as it seems that some are being paid under market value.

-Internal finger pointing sometimes for the responsibility of projects or ownership of an issue.
    -Upward mobility can be limited in certain roles.
    -Project management could be better for certain solutions.

Advice to Management

Try to incentivize good/great workers to stay with Trustwave by providing a clear path for promotion.
    Raise the OTE for all of the sales so you can retain the right people.

9. "Outdated technology and outdated upper management. Great Potential that never makes it to the finish line."

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work/life balance and there are some extremely bright minds on the engineering team.

Cons

Extremely disorganized company who continues to make the same outdated mistakes over and over again like groundhog day. Terrible upper management who value internal politics over growth. Non-existent marketing strategy that leaves us nameless in a very competitive industry.

Advice to Management

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a new result. Shuffle the deck and get a new marketing team starting from the top with creative and innovative ways to get the Trustwave name in front of people. Invest in keeping your technology and service up to date to create more demand. Set company wide processes to ensure all customers receive the service they deserve.

10. "Great company that needs to become more innovative"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and fun team outings.

Cons

Always adding new restrictions and criteria to bog down the sale cycle.