Trustwave Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 12, 2019

3.1
Arthur Wong

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Extremely respectful of work/life balance (at least in the department I'm in)" (in 28 reviews)

• "Work / Life Balance - Work from home" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting Place to Work"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Cyber security business, smart, friendly co-workers, high-tech office space, great benefits, casual work environment, flexibility, CEO and leadership team have a strong vision for the future.

Cons

There are some that resist change; however, there is nothing wrong with change if it is in the right direction.

Advice to Management

The more communication the better.

2. "Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge business
    Lots of positive change
    Investments in people, products and process
    Exciting time to work at Trustwave right now
    Flexibility
    Cool work space

Cons

Great opportunities for those who adapt to win.

Advice to Management

Keep making the investments in the future.

"Gartner leader to layoffs in record time, how to destroy a company"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Management has no clue what they are actually doing so you can float. Lots of time to freshen up the resume

Get a master class in learning how not to manage and how not to run an organization.

Get to see whoever manages glassdoor from TW side write some really impressive fake reviews. I don't know a single person at TW that is that happy

Cons

Layoffs right before the holidays. Impressive to go from moved to top right in MQ to layoffs in such a short amount of time.

Morale is completely horrible and management has no concern for this, such as canceling the Christmas party.

Many of the good resources have left already, it is like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Way too many managers compared to folks who actually work and those managers don't care about anything other than each other (if you are part of the appropriate click).

You used to be able to work from home but they took that away too.

Trustwave is not a Telco! Singtel does not understand that business outside of Singapore doesn't work the same way.

The business can't decide what it wants to be other than go public at all costs. Are we an MSS are we a product company are we a VAR?

The CEO is one of the least inspiring and motivating speakers I have ever heard

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your people and see how to actually improve morale so people want to work here. Stop hiring just your buddies while you push out people who have been loyal to the organization.

Find a new CEO and replace executive leadership with competent leaders.

4. "Vp of sales"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership brings new vision and focus. Very collaborative with growth opportunities.

Cons

Dynamic environment may not be for everyone. If you are not comfortable with change, may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue executing on the vision being set forth by new CEO

"Was once proud to be an employee. New CEO, restructuring = toxic. Stay away."

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Former CEO and MGMT made this an excellent place to work at prior to new CEO take over and current restructuring

Cons

Sept 2018, new CEO held an "All Hands" meeting. Instead of introducing himself as the new CEO with a new vision, he raked us over the coals explaining how disappointed he is in our organization. This set the tone for the following months.

With out warning, weeks before Thanksgiving 2018, management laid off entire teams in multiple departments. Some of these individuals had been loyal Trustwave employees for nearly 10 years

Zero job security. Many of us are looking to jump ship in early 2019.

Toxic environment. Many of us think we're being laid off next. There's a sense of panic from PM's to Eng. No one feels safe and no one is happy.

Advice to Management

It's too late for any meaningful advice. They've spoiled any chance for that.

Jan 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Trustwave has had to undertake a tremendous amount of positive change to remain an industry leader. Change can be scary, but our leadership has taken tremendous care to be thoughtful and... More

"Avoid if possible"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Trustwave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong wfh flexibility, work life balance

Cons

Trustwave has no clear, consistent direction. In under two years management has drastically changed direction 3 times. Mass exodus among key business units make internal and external business very difficult. Low salary compared to industry

Advice to Management

Focus in on niche products instead of trying to be a one-stop shop.

Jan 4, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Our vision and mission have not changed. We continue to strive to be the new leader in cybersecurity and managed security services, although we continue to align our strategies to continue winning in... More

7. "Computer Support"

Pros

Growing company
    Lots of opportunities
    Hip environment
    Great office

Cons

Disorganized because growth
    Mid pay scale

"VERY poor experience"

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Was able to work from home a day after travel (taken away by a certain VP)
    -Some learning opportunities

Cons

-Horrible pay compared to industry standards
    -Heard they laid off a lot of people there with VERY little severance. Right before the holidays shows that they are very cutthroat with their employees
    -The VP of a certain compliance (will not name) definitely had some form of complex. I've seen him lock up employees laptops, scrutinize people based off of billable time (which the employee has no say over, thats sales).
    -Do NOT listen to ANY promises given from any form of management.

Advice to Management

I honestly have nothing to say other than restructure, a VP essentially leads a department to success, and specific ones were simply not doing so while I was there.

"A little scattered"

I worked at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Great suite of services, products, and people! (spiderlabs)

Cons

Management support non-existent.
    Getting deals through Salesops is worse than a root canal.

Aug 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Any Sales Ops team would be challenged by our recent growth and large complex deals. With the award-winning implementation of Salesforce.com and the global expansion of... More

"Flexible hours, poor leadership"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Great office and flexible hours.
    *Commission structure is fairly generous.
    *Benefits are great.

Cons

*Culture is a major issue at this company. Mainly because there isn't a defined cutlure in the Chicago office. You will start on your first day meet your team, and then your on your own. Not a teamwork like atmosphere, its the wild west in the Trustwave office and every rep is for them selves.
    *Management is awful. Most of the sales managers are very under qualified for the job, and therefor you have sales teams not performing because their manager isn't very good at sales and isn't a good leader.
    *The office is run by one individual, and he runs the office through fear and intimidation. He will ask of you to reach out to him and include him in stuff, but then not show up to meeting invites he accepts or just decline it with no explanation as to why. Stay away from him at all costs if he isn't your boss, he is unprofessional and has an attitude with everyone.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed in the office. the reps can only do so much and every sales organization needs strong leaders to help push the reps to the next level. The current leadership in place is a joke in the Chicago office. If the company wants to turn this company around and actually start selling, it's going to need management and leaders who are good at communicating, knowledgeable, and dedication. That is lacking right now in the Chicago office.

Aug 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for recognizing our market-leading benefits and compensation package. Our new sales leadership is 100% committed to motivating and inspiring the team to achieve its fullest potential.