Trustwave "singtel" Reviews | Glassdoor

Trustwave Employee Reviews about "singtel"

Updated Nov 4, 2019

2.7
Trustwave CEO Arthur Wong  (no image)
Arthur Wong
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management has a massive disconnect with their employees(in 13 reviews)

• "New singtel owners changing policies(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "singtel"

Return to all Reviews

"Sliding Down the Slippery Slope"

Former Employee - Engineering in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good healthcare and 401k plans.

Cons

Steadily gone down hill since singtel bought it. New CEO only talks about IPO and openly how he's gonna get rich off it, but most others won't see much if anything. Outdated and incomplete products. Badly positioned in a market shifting away from PCI. Hiring clowns from other walks of life with the goal of training them to be seasoned cybersecurity professionals in order to save money on salaries. If you're a... customer ask your contacts at trustwave about their backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing the IPO pipe dream that is unlikely to happen and start looking after your employees.

Trustwave2019-11-04

"Engineers are flying out the door"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people with a great culture kept me here for a long time. Extremely flexible work from home policy.

Cons

The culture and climate of this place has turned quite sour. Singtel and leadership are completely uninspiring and lack a clear vision to drive the company forward. Bonus payouts have significantly decreased the past two years. Quarterly bonus program was moved to an annual program without any compensation to engineers who have had this since the beginning. Front end tech stack is extremely tough to work with.... Many of the experienced, awesome engineers have moved on to new opportunities.

Trustwave2019-06-28

"Would Not Recommend Even to My Worst Enemy"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company had its glory years before selling to Singtel. It's hard to mention anything positive anymore, especially as employees are leaving in huge numbers and the office is a ghost town. Don't believe me, take a tour of it when you get a chance and judge for yourself.

Cons

When there's too many, it's hard to know where to begin, but here they are: 1) The company stopped innovating after selling off to Singtel. Cheers to Bob McCullen for successfully selling this company and making a fortune off of it with an overseas telecom company. Simply put, Trustwave put itself and is responsible for the position they are in right now. The competition grew and got better and Trustwave got left... behind. Now, they have been playing catchup and instead of continue to innovate, they rely on 3rd party technology to help turn this ship around. Newsflash, what we do is not unique anymore. Others out there can do it, do it 10x better, and have happy customers that can stand by them. Having a single happy customer for a reference for Trustwave is finding a needle in a haystack. 2) The company brought in former Verizon employees to shake things up and not promote people deserving of those positions. Another newsflash: Verizon as a company wanted a younger workforce because they understood the importance of it going forward and offered severance packages for their senior employees to move on. Trustwave has the opposite old-school mindset that years of experience will help turn this ship around. Unfortunately, it will not and this fiscal year alone is a prime example of how far behind we are with little to no YoY growth. This will become a revolving door and execs will be there to collect paychecks until they are told to move on. 3) The company does not value its employees. The pay is below market and when there is no revenue coming in, I would not expect that to change. With a complex sales cycle in a crowded industry, it's very challenging for an AE to make end meet. Ask any former Trustwave employee and they will tell you the same. Senior and seasoned reps have moved on because enough is enough and Trustwave would have to let them go because they could not come close to what the industry is offering. It's a reason why one of our floors is currently on the market to get leased/sold because of all the empty space they have and if you currently work at Trustwave, there truly is no job security. Just ask the many employees that got let go last November because the company had to cut costs any way possible and I believe it will happen again later this year.

Advice to Management

Truthfully, I am not sure what can be done at this point. It seems to be too late for positive change and if Singtel can cut their losses somehow, it will be for the best.

Trustwave2019-06-26

"Don’t waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can’t think of any. Really an overall bad company. Have done extensive discussions with former employees and we all concur that it is an awful place to work.

Cons

Where to begin. Office is a dungeon. Get a bunch of C players in a room and try make a decent offering, will simply not work. Then bring a bunch of executives from big companies that were fired to fix a broken machine. Just a bad idea all around. Singtel should just cut their losses and close the doors.

Advice to Management

I think they should all take up hobbies like needlepoint and gardening as they are really crappy at running a company. Management does not care and as Singtel is still paying there is no incentive for them to. Better companies further on, keep looking.

Trustwave2019-03-22

"Used to be a good place"

Current Employee - SOC Analyst

I have been working at Trustwave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good coworkers. Allow you to focus on the technologies you want to learn. Certification reimbursement program to pay for approved certifications.

Cons

Several layoffs in past 6 months mostly affecting engineering and sales. Mexico SOC was closed. Employees are leaving in large numbers and their positions are being eliminated increasing workload for the rest of us. New singtel owners changing policies. Quarterly bonus is gone, moved to smaller annual bonus. There may be long-term benefits for these changes, but so far changes have negatively affected morale and... motivation. All departments are disconnected. Sales are creating contracts that the SOC cannot support. Many large customers have left and others have scaled back their services.

Advice to Management

We all know Trustwave pays below the industry average. Most of us stayed for the fringe benefits. Don't be surprised that we're all jumping ship when you remove these fringe benefits.

Trustwave2019-02-25

"Gartner leader to layoffs in record time, how to destroy a company"

I have been working at Trustwave full-time

Pros

Management has no clue what they are actually doing so you can float. Lots of time to freshen up the resume Get a master class in learning how not to manage and how not to run an organization. Get to see whoever manages glassdoor from TW side write some really impressive fake reviews. I don't know a single person at TW that is that happy

Cons

Layoffs right before the holidays. Impressive to go from moved to top right in MQ to layoffs in such a short amount of time. Morale is completely horrible and management has no concern for this, such as canceling the Christmas party. Many of the good resources have left already, it is like rats leaving a sinking ship. Way too many managers compared to folks who actually work and those managers don't care... about anything other than each other (if you are part of the appropriate click). You used to be able to work from home but they took that away too. Trustwave is not a Telco! Singtel does not understand that business outside of Singapore doesn't work the same way. The business can't decide what it wants to be other than go public at all costs. Are we an MSS are we a product company are we a VAR? The CEO is one of the least inspiring and motivating speakers I have ever heard

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your people and see how to actually improve morale so people want to work here. Stop hiring just your buddies while you push out people who have been loyal to the organization. Find a new CEO and replace executive leadership with competent leaders.

Trustwave2019-01-08

"Singtel take over"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trustwave full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Depending on your manager, you can learn so much about sales methodologies, deal planning, discoveries, pricing, etc. -Ongoing role plays -Sweet office, 401k, healthcare, vision -Made a lot of great friends

Cons

-Singtel absolutely destroyed this company. They put extreme pressure on Trustwave staff, which leads to EXTREME micromanagement. This consists of multiple emails sent out with your call/email logs. -The SMB sales VPs treat people like garbage. They rule by fear and don’t have a leadership bone in their body. -If you have an underdeveloped territory, there is 0% chance you will hit quota, but you are still held... to the same metrics as people with 100 renewals. -Close to around 30 reps have left or been forced out in the last year alone. -The cyber security space is the most competitive industry going. You will be competing with 10+ other vendors per deal. -Trustwave doesn’t do anything very good either. They sell way too many solutions, but want to be known for their “threat hunters”. Sounds like a good plan on paper, but most companies don’t care that much and will rather take a chance, especially in the SMB space -I genuinely feel bad for the reps/managers who have stuck this out because they are all very good people, just in an awful situation.

Advice to Management

What is there to really say? They have no power anymore with this company

Trustwave2018-04-22

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trustwave full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers and the Chicago office is beautiful.

Cons

Poor communication from the top down, it appears as though leadership has no organizational initiatives and that funnels down into clear goals for employees. Very reactive organization, can be attributed to lack of communication. Also, leads to indecision (if you can locate a decision maker). Ultimately this causes inefficiencies which cost the organization time/money. Overall, the company is experiencing... growing pains as it transitions from a "start-up" to a mid market company owned by a large multi-national (Singtel). This means new internal process that most employees don't like but are necessary as the business matures.

Advice to Management

I think a flatter org structure would alleviate some of the cons. There seem to be a lot unnecessary layers. Singtel needs to take on more of a leadership role within the organization, which it appears they will be with their new head of Cyber Security. They have the cash and "know how" to transform the organization.

Trustwave2018-02-27

"A good company in transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Trustwave full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working arrangements. Good people. Good job.

Cons

Taken over by Singtel. Company culture is changing.

Advice to Management

Keep the quarterly bonus payment structure. Don't buy a successful company, then change its culture which is why good people joined.

Trustwave2019-01-28

"Destroyed by the Singtel/Optus takeover"

I worked at Trustwave full-time

Pros

We used to run a world-class penetration testing operation in Australia, with the best talent in the country.

Cons

Singtel/Optus took over, Art Wong took over as the CEO of the new entity, and the entire business went down the toilet within weeks of this happening. The new management made decisions that I found ethically questionable, and destroyed the potential for the business in Australia. I found them to be ethnonationalists with no concerns outside Singapore, and to be racially discriminated against. They have now destroyed... the Australian business we built, destroyed all of the credibility we have, and are owned and operated by the investment arm of a nation state that is well documented to have huge human rights abuse issues, and to have collaborated with the apartheid regime. I am sorry to my friends in South Africa that I had anything to do with these people.

Advice to Management

Divest.

Trustwave2019-01-08