Trutech Reviews | Glassdoor

Trutech Reviews

Updated 17 Sep 2019

Found 70 reviews

3.8
Trutech CEO Jeff Campbell (no image)
Jeff Campbell
Pros
  • "Get to help people by solving problems with wildlife(in 9 reviews)

• "Company pays for truck, cell phone, all traps, etc(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working long hours completing or fixing the previous technician's work(in 9 reviews)

• "You will also be required to keep your phone with you always, and be on call 24/7(in 7 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Wildlife Technician

I have been working at Trutech full-time

Pros

Good job if u love outdoors

Cons

There are no cons for working here

Trutech2019-08-06
  2. "good potential but horrible outcome"

Former Employee - Wildlife Technician in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Trutech full-time for more than a year

Pros

make your own schedule make the money you want

Cons

company can change your contract at any time competitive nature can disassemble teams

Advice to Management

don't let someone sign for a new position and then change their paw 4 MONTHS down the road

Trutech2019-09-13
  3. "Once proud company sinking due to poor leadership"

Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Trutech full-time

Pros

Once upon a time the pros were significant. However, senior leadership is slowly removing everything that made this company good to work for. You can still make good money, but not as much as you once could. You still have some freedom in the job, but not as much as you once did. If you get the right District Manager and Region Manager to lead you, they can protect you, to some degree.

Cons

Panicky, careless leadership at the very top. A message is preached of caring for people, but that message is not practiced. Region Manager is completely clueless and unqualified for the job. A replacement is needed badly. He was a failure as a District Manager and is now failing as a Region Manager. Turnover is extremely high due to the fact that they dont care about anyone, only the next dollar.

Advice to Management

It's time for new management.

Trutech2019-09-17

"Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Nuisance Wildlife Technician

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun. I somewhat use my degree. Pays nicely.

Cons

Long hours. Management isn’t the best. The job isn’t tough, but the work environment is tough.

Trutech2019-07-15

"Not bad but used to be better"

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of freedom to schedule your time, good benefits.

Cons

Training has changed dramatically, a lot less emphasis on in the field training. Can make it hard for someone who is not experienced to do well with the technical parts of the job.

Advice to Management

Make training a priority and make it ongoing. Employees are only trained a minimal amount and then are often left to sink or swim without much support from their immediate supervisors.

Trutech2019-04-02

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Wildlife Technician

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make good money if your good at selling. Recommend as a first time job for 1-3 years, i think that is what the companies goal actually is.

Cons

Too many to list. This company has been chasing their prior sales goals when they were expanding across the country, now that is complete they still expect 20% growth year over year. Jeff Campbell is struggling to churn out anything he can at the morale and expense of his employees. Previously, I had been encouraged and often times work Saturdays to make extra money, now it is often mandatory. Previously I loved... bragging about going and making extra money to my coworkers, now with the culture i couldn't give a crap. On top of that Jeff thinks you are replaceable no matter what you have produced before and no matter how long you have worked for the company.You are completely replaceable in upper managements eye and they will knowingly or not let you know that. Previously you were trained at corporate but due to I believe were efforts to curb costs; your are now completely trained in the field, which for my trainees has been good, often times the trainer has no more than a year of experience, if that. If you are looking to move up, the only opportunities are districts that have been ran into the ground and you will be looking to completely revamp the district. Your head is on the line within six months if that has not changed .

Advice to Management

Stop looking at your profit and loss so much and look at the core that got you to where you are.

Trutech2019-04-09

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Wildlife Biologist

I worked at Trutech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Different job everyday, some jobs were exciting and challenging

Cons

I was working in a new region and was expected to drive 14 hours a day from one end of the state to the other, received huge deductions from my pay for not meeting "sales goals" that were impossible to reach the first months in a new region when expected to cover the entire state plus a bordering state, bad balance of home life/work life, on call 24/7, poor training program overall, takes a long time to accumulate... any paid time off, hard to get approved vacation time.

Advice to Management

Encourage and help new regions to grow by providing more support, pay more attention to the high burn out and turn over rate that exists in the company

Trutech2019-03-13
  8. "Was great....faltering now"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting job. Unique things to do.

Cons

Management is shaky. A lot of changes made that have not had a positive impact on performance or morale.

Trutech2019-01-29

"Nuisance Wildlife Removal Technician"

Current Employee - Nuisance Wildlife Removal Technician in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ever since I can remember, I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors and wildlife. Being stuck behind a desk or in a lab didn’t appeal to me so upon completion of my wildlife biology degree, I began my career in the field with Trutech Wildlife Service and Critter Control Operations (same company as of 2016) in Bethesda, MD. It’s a great feeling earning a lucrative income while doing something I love – catching wildlife... and helping out people. Every day is a unique experience and there certainly are no dull moments. The independency to create your own schedule and ability to work remotely from the company truck have allowed me to balance working hard with my social life. The benefits are fine, the worker environment is fun and the company is exhibiting continued growth. There is great opportunity for individual advancement as well. Hard work certainly pays off and since joining two years ago, I have become recognized as a certified field trainer, a Rollins’ President’s Club member and earned a promotion. - Independence: scheduling your day, company phone, tablet, truck, gas card, access to supplies. Your managers and coworkers are there for you, but as long as you are producing consistently or don't need assistance, there is very little micromanagement. - Competitive earning: work smart, work hard and you will be earning 70k+. Ability to talk to people or sales experience will certainly help out. - Each day is unique and different. - You work outdoors, very hands-on,

Cons

- Although not technically 24/7, you will be expected to have your company phone on you at most times to respond to customer issues / requests. The following could be cons to some: - This is not research, a degree in biology or equivalent certainly helps though. - Outside labor, exposed to the elements.

Advice to Management

Consistent manager and employee meetings with emphasis on safety topics. More safety demos to make sure each tech is comfortable with providing productive AND safe service.

Trutech2018-10-26
  10. "Accounts Receivable Clerk"

I worked at Trutech full-time

Pros

In the beginning, they make you feel like you’re apart of this great family. They had 1st Friday breakfast to show appreciation

Cons

After a while, they started firing and demoting people out of nowhere. No job was safe at all. They started trying to find reasons to complain about everything. They then let everyone go in my department and had all the work on two people and complained when it wasn’t done properly. They are also very rude and don’t even speak to their employees while walking down the hallway. I believe that they are also racist.... The pay is horrible for all the work you do and they haven’t given raises in two years to employees

Trutech2018-10-06

Trutech Response

October 12, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As an organization, we make it a point to acknowledge our employees and show our appreciation. In instances where we must terminate an employee, it is always a business decision based on business needs or employee performance. As ...

Found 70 reviews