Tsymmetry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Todd Sickles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Grow A Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of smart people to learn from, environment open to sharing, easy to communicate with management, and strong background in technology/human capital.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives with the company. I am new to the organization and hope to continue what's been a positive experience.

2. "Great Recruiting Process"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC

Pros

My job search was fast-paced and timing was extremely important. My recruiter was quick to respond and get me an interview with the client. His focus on my needs and the opportunity that I was applying to was crucial in leading to me joining their client as a new member of their team. Other companies failed to attract me due to not having a sense of urgency or not being as responsive."

Cons

I have no complaints so far

3. "Growing and changing can be a good thing"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some key players have joined the team, while others have left. This introduces some positive changes and shakes things up in a good way. However, it also complicates some things and new processes can take time and be painful to implement. It's a good company with good people and good projects. However, most of the work is project-based, so your employment is dependent on finding work for you. They partner with various companies to introduce technologies to clients, which creates opportunities for employees to train up on these efforts and increase their job security.

Cons

Not much bench time (if any) between projects. No payout of unused vacation time when you leave the company, but they do work with you on your final date so that you can use some PTO before leaving. More formal processes need to be put into place, with better self-service tools online.

Advice to Management

Support those who support clients and employees in the field. They are heading for burnout, if not already, and they need more help. Even if you need to hire someone part-time or from a temp company, any help will do. Stay professional in how you communicate with people in HQ.

4. "High Performance - High Rewards"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time

Pros

-high productivity is recognized and rewarded with both advancement and compensation
    -comprehensive wellness program (gym membership, opportunity for remote/flexible hours, cognizant of work life balance)
    -HQ has a great staff, good working environment with great people and competitive spirit
    -opportunity to collaborate with successful companies like Accenture and IBM and many federal agencies
    -competitive benefits, 401k, paid time off
    -great learning experience - offers a lot of training and further education assistance

Cons

-requires not only hard work but results - big time investment

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Headquarters in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Headquarters in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Tsymmetry (More than a year)

Pros

Management does a great job of communicating strategy and providing career opportunities. Felt they were invested in me and in the company. Atmosphere is positive, project-focused and free of nonsense.

Cons

Not really a 'con', but jobs within the company require a strong focus on well-understood core responsibilities. Flexibility to expand the boundaries of that will be matched with opportunities.

Advice to Management

None!

6. "data analyst/ onsite support specialist"

Former Employee - Hours/Week in Tomah, WI
    Former Employee - Hours/Week in Tomah, WI

I worked at Tsymmetry (More than a year)

Pros

Great office support staff always there for your questions.

Cons

To bad I could only work for them on contract Office Is in VA and I am in WI

7. "Hardworking High Performing Firm that Rewards Hardwork"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Amongst the training and great pay offered, the management team is always looking into new ways to add value to the employee experience. It is hard work, but the career payoff, the knowledge learned from watching the how the company runs, is priceless. The benefits package is extremely progressive and generous as well.

Cons

You work a lot of hours - but it's nothing crazy at all. If you want to have a no brainer 9 to 5, probably isn't for you. If you want your hard work and contributions to be honestly valued and recognized, this is the place for you. The time put in pays off in compensation rewards. That said, even with the bit longer hours, I have found a better, more fulfilling, and more productive work life balance since starting here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the actual appreciation honest, critical input does not go unnoticed.

8. "Great and Getting Greater"

Current Employee - Principal Full-Stack Development Lead in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Full-Stack Development Lead in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working two years at TSymmetry and I'm planning on working here many years more. Since I started, they've added a 401K matching program and are now looking at expanding their workforce and capabilities to take on new business.

I work from home and have been contracted out to two (soon to be three) different groups where I've learned SO MUCH and been able to take on new roles as (officially) a team lead and solution architect. I can also take as much reimbursed training and education as I need (up to a limit, of course).

The "Talent Management" staff (they unite contracts with contractors like myself) and upper management work hard to keep their employees engaged and learning and genuinely care about both the business and individuals' personal situations.

Cons

TSymmetry is a small company. I've worked at super-small companies of 10 or less and I've worked at companies 100,000 or more. I love the culture and values of small companies personally, but some I've met prefer a clear and obvious ladder to climb that only large companies can provide.

9. "Resource Manager (Recruiter) Review"

Former Employee - Resource Manager (Recruiter) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Resource Manager (Recruiter) in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TSymmetry is a unique organization in that they have a relatively small HQ staff but wide reaching business activities within the Federal space and substantial revenues to show for their size. The leadership is very tenured and has long standing relationships with their primary clients and continue to expand on that foundation. As a recruiter, you can step into a fast paced industry with experienced leadership that is going to take the business to the next level.

The Recruiter position will require for you to roll up your sleeves, hit the phones, and manage your pipelines like it was your own franchise. For people ready to put in the effort, TSymmetry has incentivized Recruiters with a solid base salary and commission plan meant to drive head count growth for the firm, in exchange for your heads down hard work.

With no previous Recruiting experience, I learned a great deal of best practices from experienced leaders such as Christina Adams, Danny Groover, Jon Tuteur, Chris Zahlis, and Todd Sickles.

The president of the firm Todd Sickles, is very intelligent with a serious demeanor, but extremely fair individual and proved time and time again that he will reward positive outcomes and behaviors. He is the type of individual that appreciates when people take initiative and effort on their own instead of coming to him with problems and no prior thought of how you could have done better.

He is very busy leading the firm and driving the business that he feels comfort in knowing he is surrounded by capable employees that can perform their function. All in all, he is 100% committed to the success of TSymmetry and if you can show half of the commitment he does day in and day out, you'll do just fine in this role.

They continue to focus on expanding the System Integration side of the business by gaining new clients and expanding within existing ones. Overall, there is a great opportunity to make money, grow professionally, and be part of a great team.

It was important for Todd to provide other benefits to employees of HQ such as team events such as Nationals games, DC United games, happy hours, and celebratory dinners for employees and their significant others. He was very proud to provide a comprehensive wellness program which I took significant ownership of and continued to expand on during my time there. He offered paid personal training at the office gym, healthy office snack such as weekly fruit deliveries, and made efforts to support foundations near and dear to the firm such as the Epilepsy foundation.

Overall, the role was not an exact fit for me due to a multitude of factors but if you are looking to get into Recruiting, TSymmetry has a lot to offer.

Cons

One of the cons were long hours. Not exactly a dig a TSymmetry because the industry calls for you to be available when candidates can speak. This commonly occurs at the end of your day and can cause work hours to bleed into the evening regularly if you want to be successful. Due to me commuting into the city, my work days tended to be longer than I would have liked.

To address this, Todd and the leadership team did roll out a flexible schedule to allow for some remote days, as a fair number of employees commuted into the city daily. I left directly prior to this taking effect so I can not speak to the specifics of that.

The Recruiting team is fairly small in headcount and not very many recruiters have been with the firm that long, when compared to the extensive tenure of the leadership team. This is not unusual for the staffing industry because there can be high turnover for Recruiters due to the demanding nature of the position itself.

It would have been nice to have more Senior Recruiters/Account Managers to learn from and interact with. The Recruiting managers tend to have full plates and it can take significant time for a new Recruiter to ramp up (depending on their previous exp). When I left, I was the longest tenured recruiter on the team at less than a year and a half with the firm. The others that came before me with more experience moved on within my first 6 months. Likely this has changed since my time there with new hires.

The company website was very outdated. As you worked to drive business and get in front of candidates, our website presence was not modern and showed outdated information. Taking a look at the website now, they have addressed this with a new look and feel and it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore (It looks good now TSymmetry team!)

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with the right attitudes and drive. The success will continue to follow. Best of luck!

10. "3 months in and it's great"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tsymmetry is a company where you come to grow and put in a lot of good work. As a Resource Manager on the team I'm rather new, 2-3 months in so far and it's been a growing process. The team I'm on is 3 other Resource Managers and we work hard and are compensated more than fairly for it. It's a great place, the environment is one of growth and opportunities to learn and refine our recruitment and people skills. Coming from an agency environment this is a great place to be as you have the agency upside of diverse positions, fast paced, and well compensated and the stability of a well established federal contractor where you work closely with your clients so you have more information than you would from the agency side, and a name recognition that is well respected.

Cons

If you're not ready to put a lot into this and work long hours you won't make the most of this position.

Advice to Management

You've built a great team that works well together and enjoys coming into the office each day, you can see the leadership as they interact and go to off-sites to further develop the brand and mission that they are passionate and that is is contagious.