Tsymmetry Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Base salary is much more than market value - especially given that the people they hire generally have little-no experience in recruiting.

Cons

The leadership team does not understand recruiting. Their process makes little sense to anyone outside of the Tsymmetry universe, but due to the lack of experience in recruiting on the team - no one speaks up/knows different. Management can often come across as pushy and selfish, and often treat potential candidates as nothing more than a piece of meat that they are trying to force into accepting a job and billing them out. As a whole, they are not knowledgable on the industry, but talk down to their employees and candidates as if they are. A terrible working environment, where you are forced to stay late nights, doing the same work you were doing all day. They do not practice/believe in working smart, only in looking like you are working hard. An absolutely terrible place to work. If you are looking to be over paid and get a nice pay check - this is the place for you. If you are looking to learn, enjoy your job, and have a solid work life balance - this is not the place for you. Opportunities to make commission are minimal - as their book of business is dissolving by the day. The requirements recruiters often find themselves working, are empty promises - as they have no relationships with hiring managers other than a requirement being emailed to them. They cannot get feedback on requirements, and their customers tend to view them as over priced and a joke.

Advice to Management

Bring in someone to lead the recruiting team that actually knows what they are doing. Educate themselves on recruiting and the tech market in general. Bring in some business development specialist to help bring in new requirements and customers.

2. "Not for Accoubnting professionals"

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time

Pros

-I really can not think of many

Cons

-If you are into IT then this company is for you; not so much for accounting
    -Low wages

3. "Looking for professional development? Keep looking."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for HQ employees.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. In the ten months I was there, over ten people left. The HQ office fluctuated between 12-15 employees, depending on who was being fired, laid off, or quit. After being hired for one function, I was asked to support a different function that was not within my job description or within my professional experience, and the move did not support my career goals. When I showed disinterest, my boss told me they would lay me off if I did not want to take on those responsibilities. He did not offer a title change, or a raise. When I took it to HR, they said, "It seems like we are cutting you out of a job, but that isn't true," yet, that is exactly what happened. After a couple of weeks, I put in my two weeks' notice, which they accepted. The next day, they let me go early, and offered two weeks of pay in exchange for signing a separation agreement (which I did not take) - they said if I did not sign it within the day, the offer was off the table. From the beginning, the executives talked about mentorship, but I was lucky if I was able to have my work reviewed after leaving it with management for weeks or months at a time. Priorities changed every day, sometimes multiple times a day, depending on whatever came up in the last executive team meeting. If you are looking for career development and longevity, look somewhere else. These people seem to only view you as a profit margin.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Lose your egos.

4. "A contracting house"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good company if you want to be, essentially, an independent consultant without all the hassle of running your own payroll. They respond to inquiry, but for the most part you are out on an island with the client.

Cons

Company culture does not have a tight knit community. Most of the employees/contractor are out on client site.

5. "All these "positive" reviews are likely canned by recruiting team"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a hub zone company trying to graduate big in order to sell via merger and acquisition. These recent reviews are likely the recruiting team attempting to create "buzz" for the company.

Cons

Management team are the smartest guys in the room and they'll let you know it. The company basically is an IT staffing firm with over 80% of its work as a subcontractor filling billets for large integrators. Great model but again not attractive to buyers for a merger & acquisition.

6. "Great opportunities with a well known small business"

Current Employee - Patch Support Lead/Help Desk Level II in Fairborn, OH
    Current Employee - Patch Support Lead/Help Desk Level II in Fairborn, OH

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with some decent benefits.

Company is not that big, so it makes it easier to be heard when you have questions or issues

Cons

Don't earn too much PTO until after you have been with the company for multiple years.

7. "Software developer"

Pros

Good people , has good contracts

Cons

Not enough support for growth

8. "Just Okay"

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time

Pros

Staff treatment is equal across the board

Cons

No one answers the phone, ever.

Advice to Management

Email and texting are not effective. Change how your staff communicates.

9. "Aspire to inspire"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tsymmetry is a great place to work everyone is very helpful and kind. We all work together and assist as needed. The word team is the central focus for our office, we all believe in collaborating to achieve a common goal. Management is always coming up with new ways to show the team their appreciation for our hard work and focus.

Cons

Our dedication to assisting the growth of the firm sometimes has us working long hours.

10. "Great Place to Grow A Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of smart people to learn from, environment open to sharing, easy to communicate with management, and strong background in technology/human capital.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives with the company. I am new to the organization and hope to continue what's been a positive experience.