Tsymmetry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Todd Sickles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "All these "positive" reviews are likely canned by recruiting team"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a hub zone company trying to graduate big in order to sell via merger and acquisition. These recent reviews are likely the recruiting team attempting to create "buzz" for the company.

Cons

Management team are the smartest guys in the room and they'll let you know it. The company basically is an IT staffing firm with over 80% of its work as a subcontractor filling billets for large integrators. Great model but again not attractive to buyers for a merger & acquisition.

2. "Aspire to inspire"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tsymmetry is a great place to work everyone is very helpful and kind. We all work together and assist as needed. The word team is the central focus for our office, we all believe in collaborating to achieve a common goal. Management is always coming up with new ways to show the team their appreciation for our hard work and focus.

Cons

Our dedication to assisting the growth of the firm sometimes has us working long hours.

3. "IT Person"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They encourage technical advancement and provide resources to help achieve it. Management is approachable and communicates/listens to the differing levels of employees with the same respectful regard. Although they are a small company they continue to offer more options only larger companies typically provide.

Cons

None to really speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep all the right things you do now as you grow.

4. "Hardworking management team"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small firm poised to grow

Cons

No real cons noticed to date

5. "Opportunities to succeed"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Tsymmetry for over 2 years and I have been given many opportunities in order to succeed and grow as an IT Professional. They expect hard work and dedication from every team member in order to support the client and overcome challenges. The company will challenge you as an IT Professional to grow and develop new skills. If you are looking for a company that strives for success and believes in opportunities for growth, Tsymmetry is the right place for you.

Cons

Staff overworked with long hours that may cause work/life balance issues.

6. "A lot of opportunity for career growth"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone on the team is encouraging and supports your success.
    There is endless opportunity for you to expand your career, and the executives want to help you learn and grow.
    Because the firm is small, but growing, everyone at HQ knows and appreciates everyone else. Your work doesn't go unnoticed.
    There is a very strong team-based atmosphere, so you never feel like you are working alone.
    The executives want to lead you and shape you in your career.
    Really great benefit packages and compensation.
    Everyone is easily accessible and responsive.

Cons

Long hours where you often have to work nights and weekends to meet deadlines.
    Some people are over-stretched. We could use more employees to help out.

7. "Caring Firm with Big Goals"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tsymmetry invests in its employees, and wants them to succeed. The benefits are great, and wellness is one of the Firm's top priorities. With that comes the expectation that employees will invest as much in the Firm. If you are looking for a company that you can grow with, Tsymmetry is the right place. The executive staff's strategic plan is for steady growth, and as an employee, I feel integral to helping Tsymmetry achieve that goal.

Cons

Tsymmetry's big goals comes with big demands. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this place might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging your employees to aim high, with consideration of work-life balance.

8. "Growing firm that takes care of their staff"

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I continue to expand my knowledge and my position challenges me to consistently improve. The firm provides the tools and training for the staff to be successful. They provide competitive compensation and the benefits are very good for the industry. The staff are intelligent and it is truly a team environment with a culture that encourages new ideas and open communication.

Cons

The team I work with consists of high performers that work hard so it might not be a fit for staff that are looking for an easy job.

9. "3 months in and it's great"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tsymmetry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tsymmetry is a company where you come to grow and put in a lot of good work. As a Resource Manager on the team I'm rather new, 2-3 months in so far and it's been a growing process. The team I'm on is 3 other Resource Managers and we work hard and are compensated more than fairly for it. It's a great place, the environment is one of growth and opportunities to learn and refine our recruitment and people skills. Coming from an agency environment this is a great place to be as you have the agency upside of diverse positions, fast paced, and well compensated and the stability of a well established federal contractor where you work closely with your clients so you have more information than you would from the agency side, and a name recognition that is well respected.

Cons

If you're not ready to put a lot into this and work long hours you won't make the most of this position.

Advice to Management

You've built a great team that works well together and enjoys coming into the office each day, you can see the leadership as they interact and go to off-sites to further develop the brand and mission that they are passionate and that is is contagious.

10. "Resource Manager (Recruiter) Review"

Former Employee - Resource Manager (Recruiter) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Resource Manager (Recruiter) in Washington, DC

I worked at Tsymmetry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TSymmetry is a unique organization in that they have a relatively small HQ staff but wide reaching business activities within the Federal space and substantial revenues to show for their size. The leadership is very tenured and has long standing relationships with their primary clients and continue to expand on that foundation. As a recruiter, you can step into a fast paced industry with experienced leadership that is going to take the business to the next level.

The Recruiter position will require for you to roll up your sleeves, hit the phones, and manage your pipelines like it was your own franchise. For people ready to put in the effort, TSymmetry has incentivized Recruiters with a solid base salary and commission plan meant to drive head count growth for the firm, in exchange for your heads down hard work.

With no previous Recruiting experience, I learned a great deal of best practices from experienced leaders such as Christina Adams, Danny Groover, Jon Tuteur, Chris Zahlis, and Todd Sickles.

The president of the firm Todd Sickles, is very intelligent with a serious demeanor, but extremely fair individual and proved time and time again that he will reward positive outcomes and behaviors. He is the type of individual that appreciates when people take initiative and effort on their own instead of coming to him with problems and no prior thought of how you could have done better.

He is very busy leading the firm and driving the business that he feels comfort in knowing he is surrounded by capable employees that can perform their function. All in all, he is 100% committed to the success of TSymmetry and if you can show half of the commitment he does day in and day out, you'll do just fine in this role.

They continue to focus on expanding the System Integration side of the business by gaining new clients and expanding within existing ones. Overall, there is a great opportunity to make money, grow professionally, and be part of a great team.

It was important for Todd to provide other benefits to employees of HQ such as team events such as Nationals games, DC United games, happy hours, and celebratory dinners for employees and their significant others. He was very proud to provide a comprehensive wellness program which I took significant ownership of and continued to expand on during my time there. He offered paid personal training at the office gym, healthy office snack such as weekly fruit deliveries, and made efforts to support foundations near and dear to the firm such as the Epilepsy foundation.

Overall, the role was not an exact fit for me due to a multitude of factors but if you are looking to get into Recruiting, TSymmetry has a lot to offer.

Cons

One of the cons were long hours. Not exactly a dig a TSymmetry because the industry calls for you to be available when candidates can speak. This commonly occurs at the end of your day and can cause work hours to bleed into the evening regularly if you want to be successful. Due to me commuting into the city, my work days tended to be longer than I would have liked.

To address this, Todd and the leadership team did roll out a flexible schedule to allow for some remote days, as a fair number of employees commuted into the city daily. I left directly prior to this taking effect so I can not speak to the specifics of that.

The Recruiting team is fairly small in headcount and not very many recruiters have been with the firm that long, when compared to the extensive tenure of the leadership team. This is not unusual for the staffing industry because there can be high turnover for Recruiters due to the demanding nature of the position itself.

It would have been nice to have more Senior Recruiters/Account Managers to learn from and interact with. The Recruiting managers tend to have full plates and it can take significant time for a new Recruiter to ramp up (depending on their previous exp). When I left, I was the longest tenured recruiter on the team at less than a year and a half with the firm. The others that came before me with more experience moved on within my first 6 months. Likely this has changed since my time there with new hires.

The company website was very outdated. As you worked to drive business and get in front of candidates, our website presence was not modern and showed outdated information. Taking a look at the website now, they have addressed this with a new look and feel and it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore (It looks good now TSymmetry team!)

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with the right attitudes and drive. The success will continue to follow. Best of luck!