Tubular Labs Reviews

Updated May 14, 2020

4.5
Tubular Labs Founder & CEO Rob Gabel
Rob Gabel
  1. "Amazing experience onboarding during COVID"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were very transparent and honest during the interview process. They provided all the information I needed to understand the company priorities and actions taken to ensure stability during COVID. They were also really compassionate and kind, asking about my experience/how I was doing through the all the steps. Once were perfectly fine with me starting in a different place then where I'll ultimately work and mailed me all the supplies I needed. The hiring and onboarding experience reflects the culture I have found here: a company full of smart, kind, ownership driven individuals. I felt supported the whole way through and I'm so happy I've made the choice to join Tubular.

Cons

The company recently made changes to ensure stability during COVID - change is hard, but there is a lot of opportunity to be part of a very positive path forward.

Tubular Labs2020-05-14

"Great people and company culture"

Current Employee - Senior CSM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tubular has some of the greatest people I've ever worked with and genuinely strives to have a good company culture and invest in its people. While there, I also had a baby and their treatment of mothers and family support is unparalleled. The CEO and HR all prioritize a good work/life balance and it showed.

Cons

There are typical growth issues such as lack of resourcing, and having to wear multiple hats, but that's not necessarily bad if you're used to start-up culture.

Tubular Labs2019-12-08
  3. "Cares about employees"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Family friendly, Employee friendly HR went out of their way to assist me with my maternity leave and proactively verified my disability compensation. They found an issue with it and contacted the organization, without me having to do anything.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Tubular Labs2019-08-27

"World-class engineering talent firing on all cylinders"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tubular is home to some the strongest engineering individual contributors in the Silicon Valley, in my experience. The average Tubular engineer would be considered an "A" player at most other companies. What sets them apart (beyond pure technical acumen) is their commitment and focus on bringing value to their customers along with a total lack of ego. It's brings me a great deal of joy to be able to work shoulder-to-shoulder with these folks.

Cons

The bar is very high when it comes to hiring. It's not enough to be a "good" engineer and a "decent" cultural fit. Expectations are that you're basically a superstar (or rising star) and expert in your domain.

Tubular Labs2019-05-20
  5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Phenomenal Executive team, Growth minded team, career opportunities within the organization, great perks, and benefits.

Cons

Every company has its cons, but nothing negative enough that would make me not want to work for Tubular.

Tubular Labs2019-04-29

"Smart, Innovative Team & Great Product"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very exciting space to be in: digital, social, video, software. Accessible, friendly and extremely experienced leadership Tubular provides solutions that are truly valuable to our customers. Exceptional support team and training for a start-up. Excellent communication across the company. Great perks and opportunities. No politics. No a**holes; just smart, helpful and driven employees.

Cons

A lot of internal meetings and team building events can cause you to work extra hours to get your job done (the team building events are really fun, btw) For a startup, too much process which can hinder progress.

Tubular Labs2019-02-08

"Amazing place to work"

I worked at Tubular Labs full-time

Pros

1. Leadership - Everyone on the executive team is brilliant, and they have a strong, clear vision for the company. They are also extremely kind and humble - I've never heard of executives being as nice as Tubular's. I always felt comfortable going straight to the CEO or anyone else on the executive team about changes I felt should be made in the company, and they were always receptive and made sure to address my concerns. 2. Product - The social video space is also growing rapidly, and Tubular is at the center of it all. The software is awesome, and every big publisher uses it. The clients see Tubular as true experts in social video, and it always felt like they treated Tubular as a partner rather than a vendor, which I think is rare at a tech startup. 3. People - Tubular is full of extremely smart, hard-working people. Every person is amazing at their job and so easy to work with. The company also doesn't feel very hierarchical. There are managers and directors, but everyone's voice gets heard regardless of their position at the company. 4. Career growth - Tubular is great about having performance reviews every 6 months and anyone who deserves to be promoted gets a promotion. 5. Amazing benefits!!

Cons

I think the hiring process could be a little more proactive rather than reactive. It seems like a new role only opens up when a team gets overloaded with work.

Tubular Labs2018-12-06

"Great place to work and grow"

I worked at Tubular Labs full-time

Pros

Great people, product, place in the market, impressive clients, awesome work/life balance

Cons

Small space, many meetings with management

Tubular Labs2018-09-20

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Growth oriented company is a hyper-growth market segment * Visionary founders who are incredibly connected within the space * The MOST employee friendly company I have ever worked at

Cons

With high growth comes high expectations, which can impact work/life balance. Welcome to start-up life!

Tubular Labs2018-08-04

"Good Work/Life Balance"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tubular Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership is transparent and understand their flaws, just not sure what action they are actually doing to change or willing to change. Staff is generally friendly. towards each other.

Cons

The organization wants to grow and run fast but hasn't set up the processes or enabled people to make autonomous decisions to allow for that to happen (lots of bottlenecks throughout the company or siloed departments from years of miscommunication or lack of communication). There is way too much top-down management for a <100 person company. I've worked my career in large corporations and honestly seen more politics here than some of my previous companies. Mangement acts like they have it together, but the reality is that they are just treading water like the rest of us and get through one funding round at a time.

Tubular Labs2018-07-18