Tubular Labs Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

209.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tubular Labs~680197
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Supportive Company

Apr 27, 2022 - Workplace Experience Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are so supportive of their employees and their families. Remote first company that truly values their employees and candidates.

Cons

I don’t have any cons!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Innovative media tech startup with massive talent and excellent workplace culture

Apr 19, 2022 - Product Management in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work culture and totally respectful environment Top notch CEO and management team Caring and invested HR leadership Incredibly talented and collaborative engineering team Innovative company solving unique and interesting problems in media Flexible PTO and work hours, lack of top-down management Health insurance covered 100% Wellness allowances and dedication to healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any startup, resources are low, but they make up for it with rigorous hiring practices, getting in both experienced leaders from Silicon Valley as well as ICs with high growth potential. You'll wear many hats and and have to figure out how to work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems, pressure is on to continually grow the business Some turnover, but not more than other companies post-pandemic

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

great space, team and tech

Mar 24, 2022 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, very collaborative and supportive Unique position in growing market tech and data are strong and differentiated

Cons

still in remote mode, it would be great to start seeing more colleagues

4. 4.0

Community

Mar 2, 2022 - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth minded owner Great community and culture Startups are a great place to learn skills quickly

Cons

Learned several skill sets quickly, but didn't have time to become excellent because was stretched too thin. Wearing several hats is both a pro and con

5. 5.0

Great Culture!

Jan 24, 2022 - Senior Sales Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in the advertising business for 20+ years. I can honestly say that Tubular has one of the best cultures I have ever seen. No matter what your position is, they want you to succeed. I started consulting for Tubular a few months ago and in a very short amount of time, I knew I wanted to be a part of this company. The energy is real. I have been incredibly impressed with how helpful and welcoming everyone has been. I have also been incredibly impressed with how many resources the company subscribes to. This company wants to attract the best talent and then keep those people very happy. I can't say enough in the short time I have been here how great it's been. This company has built a culture to succeed!

Cons

I don't have any negatives to report. In a virtual working world, I would like to be seeing the people I work with face to face more often. I'm sure that will happen in the future as Covid subsides.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Honest, Realistic, No Surprises. LOVE IT!

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Analyst, RevOps in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my experience, companies tend to sugarcoat the company/culture and make it seem like a great place but once you're there you find out the day-to-day doesn't match what was mentioned in the interview process. That's not the case at Tubular Labs. Everyone I spoke with during my interview process was very transparent, honest, and gave me a realistic picture of what my day-to-day would be like. Now after a week of being here, I have not been negatively surprised by anything since the interviewers were honest and I am LOVING IT. Everything good/bad/neutral they mentioned about the company and/or culture during the interview process was 100% TRUE. No lying for recruitment. This was one of the warmest welcomes I have ever had from a company and the onboarding process has been smooth and easy. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. This company has gone over and beyond to make sure employees are taken care of.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Revolutionary Remote Onboarding (Become an expert from anywhere!)

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I believe I am competent and intelligent. I believe I can do anything I put my mind to. Yet, I had never started a new job fully remote before, until I did. Very recently. For once, I was not so confident in myself. What if I'm not technically savvy enough to set up my VPN? How will my colleagues get to know me, the real "me" behind the screen? How will I adapt to this new culture and be a valuable member of this tribe? It was scary to think about the numerous "new" things I'd venture into, but much less terrifying in reality when done right. It's been a week and a half into my onboarding at Tubular Labs. Each new day brings more relief, as Human Resources brilliantly provided me with a list of tasks on my first day that outlined exactly what was needed for myself and for my peers over the next weeks and months. Clearly, everyone at the company is responsible for my success and we were all working toward a mutual goal. Hyperlinks, how-to articles, and colleagues of all tenure were at my fingertips for additional help. What would normally have taken a full business day to complete in a boardroom with HR on day one of my employment (setting up direct deposit, understanding benefits, ensuring the right applications were downloaded to my Mac) was completed in just a few short hours. And the best part? I could take coffee breaks in between tasks without worrying about disturbing other new hires. Tubular Labs also weaves in "Bootcamp" so all new hires are properly educated and exposed to the industry. Sessions are lead by a seasoned employee who walks you through the social video world with enthusiasm, expertise, and approachability. It feels more like getting a private tour of sacred lands, where historical facts and hidden treasures are discovered. New hires in Bootcamp work together on small exercises, are encouraged to ask questions, and gain hands-on learning with the Tubular data platform in real time. There's also the culture. I have had more 1:1s with other Tubular Labs employees in my first week of employment than I ever had in 2 or 3 years at previous jobs. I regularly Slack another new hire on the marketing team, have had a virtual afternoon coffee break with our COO, and Zoom with my "onboarding buddy" often about little tips and tricks as I acclimate. There is inclusivity, encouragement to do great things, transparency into expectations and measurements for success and growth. All of this is attainable with no tolerance for ego.

Cons

You won't find any CONS from Tubular Labs. Only opportunities.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work life balance

Aug 3, 2021 - Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting problem to solve in data science, machine learning, and math! A place for people who likes to make impact. Lots of freedom to do your own idea. You will definitely learn a lot. Great work life balance. People are super friendly to work with. The company care about you very much.

Cons

It is a small company with start-up culture so a lot of time you need to react fast. You need to figure out a lot of stuff by yourself.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work.

May 24, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, above market. Product in high demand. Good people.

Cons

Constant change, a lot of responsibilities added sometimes abruptly, can be overwhelming at times.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great virtual experience so far

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Tubular labs during COVID-19 shut downs and have been pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the company is operating. I was unsure how an entirely virtual onboarding process would go, but it's been wonderful. I've worked for large (Fortune 25) companies that were not as streamlined as Tubular has been; they have a very formal, streamlined process with many tools and comprehension checkpoints. They have also done a good job at keeping the culture strong through events like trivia nights and cookie sampling. The company recognizes the challenges inherent with working from home, and their care for employees is apparent in terms of the resources available in terms of flexibility, expensing supplies, etc.

Cons

No cons, but to address a concern from another poster - Tubular is a company that measures performance across third-party platforms. To that extent, there is an element of product improvements, data, etc is out of their control; I've had no concerns about "shadiness," but have been pleasantly surprised that virtually all the household names in the media/internet industry really trust and rely on this platform, and it seems like those partnerships are just getting stronger. There have been some changes with senior leadership including a new CEO as of February 2020, and I feel strongly that the company has a great trajectory.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews

Tubular Labs Reviews FAQs

Tubular Labs has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Tubular Labs to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tubular Labs employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tubular Labs. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

96% of Tubular Labs employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tubular Labs 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tubular Labs to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with Tubular Labs Job Seekers