Tudor Investment Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Tudor Investment Corporation Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2019

3.4
Tudor Investment Corporation CEO Paul T Jones II (no image)
Paul T Jones II
Pros
Cons
  • "And because internal mobility is so poor, if you get unlucky with your team, you won't be able to get out without looking overly political(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Firm, Great People"

I have been working at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tudor culture and people are among the best in the hedge fund area. They are constantly innovating and everyone from Paul Jones down is always accessible. As a firm they really want everyone to succeed which is rare at hedge funds

Cons

Some level of politics no different than most places

Tudor Investment Corporation2019-09-26

"poorly managed"

I worked at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

not really anything, maybe the location of new york office?

Cons

poorly managed and not getting any better; teams are led by very incompetent people; I have been with a few firms, big and small, and usually there are some very good smart people, and some mediocre people who are just getting by, but tudor has managed to keep this ratio very small. The firm cannot keep good talent (most people leave within the year after bonus is paid), and instead, the mediocre tend to stay and... take advantage of other people's departures, and leverage on that. At the end of the day, business is bad. Senior executives do not care and are just not committed; had never received any email from the executives regarding company's update, the outlook, any future plan or anywhere to accept suggestions. Honestly easiest resignation I have ever given It just feels like exactly the kind of once-great-now-has-fallen kind of company, that should not and will not survive today's competition

Advice to Management

I don't know how to start

Tudor Investment Corporation2019-05-03

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing that's worth the abuse.

Cons

Soon after starting some major red flags became apparent: - My 2 predecessors were terminated under suspicious circumstances that were likely manufactured. I soon found out why. - Somebody's buddy was hired into a senior position but was only clocking about 10 hours a week and took a year to write the most basic signals imaginable. He insisted he was responsible for "culture", whatever that means. - Weekly... failures to trade due to basic errors and incompetence. After submitting my resignation the threats and abuse started: - Even though I had already quit, if I didn't continue to work below market rate for several months, they threatened to terminate me 'with cause' so that they could enforce my garden leave without pay under NY state law. - They forced me to forgo almost all of my paternity leave for the same reason. - 1 week before my agreed departure date, they came up with a long list of tasks to try and force me to stay longer, again, working below market-rate under the threat of unpaid garden leave. These people are non-compete abusers and wage thieves. Don't ever sign a contract with them.

Tudor Investment Corporation2019-04-29
  4. "Great place to work, great befits"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are lovely and very team based divisions.

Cons

Some politics in regards who you know.

Tudor Investment Corporation2019-01-30

"Constant Firefighting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Most of the people are friendly even if they don't know what they're doing.

Cons

Most time is spent fighting fires that are self-inflicted. Because everything is siloed it is impossible to know when these emergencies will come up. No career growth or lateral movement unless you are with a manager who is doing well, and don't be surprised if your portfolio manager lies about his performance during the hiring process.

Tudor Investment Corporation2019-02-01

"confused management"

Current Employee - Software Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i have nothing good to say about them

Cons

at least if they were doing well i could see why they reject new ideas!! but every time something new needs to be done they just argue about the policies... and there are so many managers to argue too!!

Advice to Management

there need to be half as many managers

Tudor Investment Corporation2018-10-26
  7. "Solid"

I worked at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time

Pros

Good culture, nice and smart people in general. Pretty decent work-life balance.

Cons

Performance had not been good recently.

Tudor Investment Corporation2018-08-25
  8. "Good firm"

I worked at Tudor Investment Corporation full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Industry is on downward trending

Tudor Investment Corporation2018-04-22

"An industry leader"

Current Employee - Manager in Greenwich, CT

Pros

Tudor's core values go back to the firm's founding in the 1980s and still resonate today. The firm has a collaborative culture which facilities the exchange of ideas among colleagues and across various departments. The firm values individual initiative and gives people significant responsibility early in their careers. At the same time, Tudor emphasizes work-life balance more than many of its peers. Senior... management recognizes that markets constantly evolve and invests in R&D accordingly. Senior leadership at Tudor buys into this philosophy and is positioning the firm for the future.

Cons

The overall outlook for active management in general (hedge fund or actively-managed long-only strategies) has been down over the past few years. However, firms that adapt will succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to adapt to changes in the hedge fund industry.

Tudor Investment Corporation2017-10-09
  10. "Excellent!"

I have been working at Tudor Investment Corporation

Pros

Everybody is super smart and energetic

Cons

Culture can feel top down and beuracratic

Tudor Investment Corporation2017-09-27