Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Bobby Tudor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from any employee. I've never worked at a firm that was so focused on making employees enjoy their work environment. TPH is the only place I have worked that truly lives it's mission statement and culture statement. There is truly a team atmosphere and attitude throughout the entire firm. Best place I have ever worked!

Cons

The generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as opposed to an opinion on my part! TPH is so much more generous than other securities firms, with what it provides employees, i feel some might get a skewed idea of what "the real wold" is like! Again, not sure that should be considered a con!

Advice to Management

Don't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm grows.

"Extremely high-quality experience contributing to this quickly growing energy focused financial services firm"

Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Junior employees are afforded a meaningful amount of responsibility on their assignments and will consistently work on high-quality projects. Senior team members focus on the development of the junior employees and go out of their way to see that they are getting a breadth of project experience and client exposure. Third-year banking analysts are afforded opportunities to rotate through TPH Partners (private equity group) or through other TPH office locations (New York, Denver, London). The TPH Partners rotation is a unique benefit to analysts who are weighing their interest in the buy-side.

Most central to the quality of the experience at TPH are the people and the culture. Bobby Tudor, involved with every hiring decision down through the interns (at least on the banking side), attracts intelligent, humble, congenial professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. The group believes in collaboration and team orientation, which manifests itself in a unique amount of senior team accessibility - doors to offices are rarely closed. The environment is extremely collegial; the team gets along well with each other and regularly spends time together outside of the office. The culture is supported by a common focus on building the firm; it ties everyone together and makes TPH a fun, exciting place to work.

Finally, TPH has a history of compensating its employees, particularly top performers, well above market. On top of the work experience and culture, this is a nice perk.

Cons

TPH is a niche firm – within the energy space, it’s highly competitive, but, outside of the industry, it doesn’t have as much brand recognition.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on engaging and developing the junior team members. The team’s investment in me provided me with a foundation that will help me be successful for the rest of my career.

"High energy, fast growing financial services firm with a family feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TPH has experienced tremendous growth since its inception, but has maintained a close-knit team of loyal employees. TPH enjoys a strong reputation in the energy space and community (especially Houston), creating a launching pad for young professionals to catapult their careers, whether they stay with the company long term or leave for other opportunities.

The firm clearly puts its people first which helps to maintain the congenial culture enjoyed by all employees. Hard work, ambition, positivity, teamwork, and professionalism are recognized and rewarded, with employees enjoying compensation well above the market average, especially top performers. Employees socialize with one another inside and outside of work, creating an amicable office experience. Office doors are always open and collaboration flows freely.

The level of work is top notch and the company is certainly going places, creating a great opportunity for growth. TPH is a wonderful place to work, if you're lucky enough to get on for the ride.

Cons

The high caliber of professionals creates a fast-paced work environment where expectations are high of every member of the team, from Managing Directors to assistants. There is little room for slacking on the job, so be prepared to work hard just as much as you play hard.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on people -- Hire the best, train the best, push the hardest, and compensate accordingly. TPH's growth and success is tied directly to its people, and fostering the family feel of the firm should always remain a priority.

4. "Perfect"

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. part-time

Pros

Great pay and great hours

Cons

Unorganized and need some work

Advice to Management

Need to work on management

5. "IB Bootcamp"

Pros

Really great exposure to senior managers and close guidance by analysts and associates through project phase

Cons

The company could expand on their S&T performance

Advice to Management

Make sure to get as many people as last year involved in the 2016 bootcamp. The vast array of staff brought in helped get a clear picture of what the firm does and looks like from the inside.

6. "Boot Camp Attendant"

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time

Pros

the program was well developed and you receive a lot of mentorship

Cons

the program is not a recurring event and best performaners may not have a chance to return

Advice to Management

devote more resources to the program and make an officail event

7. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Leadership from the three named partners. Beautiful office space. Great culture.

Cons

The CFO is the only downside I experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Culture is important

"Administrative"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to Work for in the Oil & Gas Industry

Cons

Organizational Structure is not what I was expecting.

"Great Firm Culture; but they sometimes bite on more than they can chew"

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, Great Office Environment, Challenging yet Rewarding

Cons

Demanding, Resources are spread thin

10. "Nice"

Former Employee - Temp Administration in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Temp Administration in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, coffee, aesthetic environment

Cons

Nothing I can think of