Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Bobby Tudor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company, no corporate structure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time

Pros

Bobby Tudor and Dan Pickering are great men who have, and continue to, create an incredible company with great potential. Except for the lower level staff everyone is hard working, proud of the company, proud of the culture and glad to be there.

Cons

There is no HR, even though they allegedly have an HR person, the CFO tries to be the head honcho HR person and then her assistant tries to run the day to day activity. Consequently employees do whatever they want to do, or better yet don't do what they don't want to do, with no repercussion. It is a sorry state of affairs and their major fault. The lower level support staff are the most unguided, unproductive group I have ever worked with and no one seems to care. Makes doing your job very difficult.

The cliques are unrelenting, overbearing, and ridiculous for a company that holds itself in such high regard.

Annual reviews are conducted by peers and it becomes a time to stab others in the back. It is the worst, most unproductive system I have ever seen. Supposed to be confidential too, right!

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Structure the company. Stop trying to be everyone's friend. Get rid of the upper management cliques. You all are adults.

"Sales - Be very Careful. This is not a review of the I-Banking side."

Pros

It attracts lots of smart people. Being around smart people makes you perform better. Beautiful office. Great view. Feel important. Happy to go to work every day.

Cons

Big egos. Revolving Doors. $uccess and tenure here may not be about production.... do not think because you are a big producer that your job is safe...

Advice to Management

KISS. This is just sales. Reward people who meet the goals you set, even if they do not fit your style (they are not you).

Note: This is not commentary on the I-Banking side (which was run by Tudor and Holt).

"Look elsewhere..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will gain industry experience and knowledge and you can leverage it elsewhere. Compensation is above average.

Cons

Executive management are lacking in real leadership skills.

"Leadership and structure"

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were great, pretty office. Paid parking.

Cons

There is no structure, and people are very "cliquey" and very quick to involve themselves in situations that are not their business. People spend money frivolously and policies are not standard across the board. HR is not a place to speak in confidence, I agree with a previous post that CFO tries to run things pertaining to HR. As a former employee I think it's awful that a post referred to layoffs as "spring cleaning." I think most people do have ethics, and shouldn't be generalized based on one persons "vendetta" or actions.

Advice to Management

Structure the company and enforce policies, your bankers will not listen to their assistants when it comes to expenses and people shouldn't continue to spend money in way that causes others to be "spring cleaned" People lost their jobs recently, and it's very easy to call someone disgruntled when you were not one of many let go and left to find new employment.

"Golden Handcuffs yet underpaid"

Current Employee - Middle Office in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Middle Office in Houston, TX

Pros

great culture, everyone very talented and hardworking

Cons

low salary, wait all year for payout

"Great deaflow"

Pros

Great deaflow and exposure to multiple subsectors of energy. Significant exposure to multiple aspects of a transaction due to fairly lean teams.

Cons

Culture a bit on the fratty side but all around great people to work with. Hours were pretty bad but it comes standard with the banking territory.

"Administrative"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to Work for in the Oil & Gas Industry

Cons

Organizational Structure is not what I was expecting.

"Great Firm Culture; but they sometimes bite on more than they can chew"

Pros

Fun, Great Office Environment, Challenging yet Rewarding

Cons

Demanding, Resources are spread thin

9. "Nice"

Former Employee - Temp Administration in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Temp Administration in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, coffee, aesthetic environment

Cons

Nothing I can think of

"Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from any employee. I've never worked at a firm that was so focused on making employees enjoy their work environment. TPH is the only place I have worked that truly lives it's mission statement and culture statement. There is truly a team atmosphere and attitude throughout the entire firm. Best place I have ever worked!

Cons

The generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as opposed to an opinion on my part! TPH is so much more generous than other securities firms, with what it provides employees, i feel some might get a skewed idea of what "the real wold" is like! Again, not sure that should be considered a con!

Advice to Management

Don't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm grows.