Tufts Health Plan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas Croswell

Pros
Cons
  • Call center supervisors are the worst in Provider Services (in 9 reviews)

• Not consistent in work life balance across departments (in 5 reviews)

1. "Excellent; one of my favorites"

Former Employee - Member Experience Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Member Experience Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthy atmosphere. Engaged company culture. Pleasant atrium with natural light for your lunchbreaks. Inexpensive yet healthy food (good variety) for your lunch every day. Numerous opportunities to branch out to different sectors.

Cons

Not a lot of recognition.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to lower-level employees if they have good, inspiring ideas

May 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you're happy at Tufts Health Plan, and we appreciate your hard work. Keep it up

2. "Member Services Representative"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Watertown, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and fellow employees are nice to work with.

Cons

I didn't feel like the company valued their employees in the customer service role as much as they should, upward mobility is extremely hard, I felt as though when hiring for internal positions they went through the formality of interviewing multiple candidates when they already had in mind who they would hire before the interview process began.

Advice to Management

Compensate costumer service positions better and make the monthly incentives more attainable.

Jun 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're glad you enjoy the company atmosphere as much as we do. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, please let us know.

3. "Company is a joke"

Former Employee - Provider Service Representative in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Provider Service Representative in Watertown, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice employees. Nothing else good to say about them.

Cons

Call center supervisors are the worst in Provider Services. Unappreciative and they don't do anything. They let their team leads do it. Mine was never available. Voicemail full and didn't answer emails for a week. M.D. awful. Glad I'm out of there

Advice to Management

Call Center supervisors are never available. But the first to reprimand you for something you didn't do.

Jun 1, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We would be happy to discuss this further, if you would be comfortable doing so.

"Great environment, great"

Current Employee - Benefits Systems Specialist II in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Benefits Systems Specialist II in Watertown, MA

Pros

Environment - collaborative, focused, , excellent cafeteria, great colleagues, institutional mission geared towards quality affordable product.

Cons

without a car, reliance on bus system cuts down on flexibility, since it's not directly on the T. With a car, totally different story - they provide ample employee parking onsite

Apr 5, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for this positive review! We're glad you're enjoying your time at Tufts Health Plan

"project manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Tufts Health Plan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of nice people.

Cons

minimal raises, not a lot of room for growth because no one leaves! IT department is disorganized and not welcoming to women. Watertown location makes a hard commute. And building has mice in it!

Advice to Management

Stop paying lip service to diversity and look at the demographics of departments; the people of color are all in low paid customer service and operations organizations.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Real Estate/Safety & Security in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Real Estate/Safety & Security in Watertown, MA

Pros

In my professional career (over 30 years), it's the most employee oriented company I have ever worked for.

Cons

other than the commute, nothing else.

"Compliance Program Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maynard, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, works hard to create a welcome environment. Very good benefits.

Cons

Should be more interested in matching employees to their strengths.

Advice to Management

Your employment experience is determined by your supervisor.

Jan 16, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. We’ll keep your thoughts in mind moving forward.

"Lots of way to save money, but old school mindset"

Former Employee - Analyst in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Watertown, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, gym on site, all of your coworkers are friendly, investments in training (though kind of old school and not really used anymore)

Cons

I didn't dislike my time here, I got along very well with other employees yet felt there were allot of people in senior management who were stuck in a 1980's corporate culture. For example, after my stint here I went back to school for a computer science degree having worked on a number of their IT and analytics platforms and it shocked me how either wrong way practice or behind the times allot of the process they did were. For example, you could easily take their scoring system and build an automated web application that could do the same thing, same goes for predictive analytics, allot of their actuarial programs (SAS is a thing of the past, you can make a web app that does 3 peoples job with a button in a matter of months). Doing so could save allot of money in the long run since the cloud has become incredibly secure, no need to do things that way anymore. Maybe things have changed, my assumption is no because they are never on the list of companies in the area who are looking for people with the latest and greatest in tech.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consultant with the latest knowledge of technology, the industry is changing

Jan 16, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that you enjoyed the work-life balance that Tufts Health Plan promotes. We appreciate your feedback and will take what you’ve said on board.

9. "Very nice place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

I worked at Tufts Health Plan (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff,great cafeteria and general organization.

Cons

My only complaint was my wage,but it was through an agency so I wasn't surprised.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Analyst in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Analyst in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Tufts Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good atmosphere in most departments, generous vacation time, good benefits; office building amenities are great (gym, cafeteria, dry cleaning, well center etc)

Cons

2% a year salary increase in laughable; although corporate is pushing employees to remote work, it all depends on your manager and his view on it. Very tough to move from analyst to manager position, especially in certain departments.

Advice to Management

cough up adequate salary increases; make sure all mangers are following remote work program!

Jan 16, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for your review. We’re delighted to hear that you’re happy with some of the benefits we provide. Please let us know if you would like to discuss further.