Tufts Medical Center Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.7
Tufts Medical Center Interim President and CEO Dr. Michael Tarnoff
Dr. Michael Tarnoff
Pros
  • "Great people in all departments(in 14 reviews)

• "Great place to work with great preceptors and amazing staff(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not as reliable to talk specifically too(in 9 reviews)

• "Low pay with few benefits relative to other programs(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tufts Medical Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

PA Review

May 10, 2021 - Physician Assistant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work, small community based hospital

Cons

The Opportunity for CME credit

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people doing great work. Lots of innovation coming up from the employees and being supported by management

May 3, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Managers are supportive of new ideas. TMC is small enough to move fast of ideas. My job was fulfilling

Cons

Pay is not is great as other places. Also titles are not on parr with other AMCs.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Unit/Department will determine your daily work life!

May 1, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teaching Hospital opportunity to maximize skills and supports in place for ongoing teaching. Upper Management attempts to listen and make changes Many hardworking, intelligent and compassionate colleagues who provide excellent care. Good Benefits

Cons

Bullying by a few Supervisors and Staff causing staff to leave especially new staff or cause others to feel isolated and unsupported by this culture. Cliques and negativity in some departments can make it difficult to work especially if too much control when disparaging colleagues. Despite frequent turnover no Preceptor pay. Current Disability Insurance Lincoln increased harassment, denial or delays in payment of staff out sick from and during Covid. Lower pay scale vs other Boston Hospitals. No Pension only some staff grandfathered who worked more than 20 + yrs near or about to retire.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 4, 2021 - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, empathetic care. Patient and great customer service. Resourceful and close to public transportation. Great benefits and culture, diversity, inclusion.

Cons

Salary is alittle lower than average.

5. 4.0

Good place to start

Apr 29, 2021 - Practice Coordinator in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start off your career in the healthcare field

Cons

Parkinng is expensive and hard to find.

Talent Community Manager

We appreciate you leaving a review. We take pride in our values and company culture and are happy to hear your experience with us is has been positive. We understand the costs of commuting and parking in Boston may be prohibitive for some employees. That’s why we are pleased to offer commuter benefits and parking discounts for current employees. Thank you for your contribution to Tufts MC.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Healthcare Providers, Terrible Management/Staff

Mar 9, 2021 - Medical Assistant in Melrose, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Competitive salary, though you probably won't get raises because the boss doesn't want to write reviews -Providers are amazing, talented, typically friendly people, you'll learn a lot from them if you care to -Location is easy to get to

Cons

-Awful management, they'll hire anyone, even without any healthcare experience -Inappropriate favoritism of some employees (they are their friends, not their boss,), biased attitudes, occasionally racist staff and management -You are discouraged from having your own ideas and thoughts about making procedures better for patients/staff; everything must be by policy, which seems to change every few weeks -HR will not help you solve issues, they simply want them to go away -Rude to patients, often talk behind their back within earshot of patient -Staff does not adhere to reasonable dress code -Management evaluations are clicked through randomly, or done by word of mouth -Rules only apply to some staff, others can go on a 2-3 hour coffee run and not get reprimanded for making their patients wait or someone else take care of them -Management is only professional when higher-ups are present

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's not the worst place to work

Apr 25, 2021 - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's easy to commute and the evening/night/weekend differential is nice if your shifts happen to be in those times.

Cons

If you are hardworking and responsible, you will be punished instead of praised. The more you do, the more they will push on you; the lazier and chattier you are, the easier it is to get away with not doing the job!

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review. We send out annual employee surveys and encourage periodic 1:1 touchpoints with supervisors to allow employees to express their concerns. At Tufts Medical Center, it is our goal to always improve the employee experience and to make sure that every employee feels supported. We appreciate your honest feedback and will bring your thoughts to our leadership team.

8. 4.0

job review

Apr 26, 2021 - Anesthesia Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice and supportive

Cons

Considered an entry level job

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience as a team member. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with team members throughout the organization. We value your time and commitment to our mission.

9. 5.0

RA

Apr 26, 2021 - Research Assistant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and good benefits

Cons

Tough to navigate management structure

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your positive review. At Tufts Medical Center, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to support work-life balance for our employees. We listen to feedback and ideas from employees at all levels and use reviews like these to address improvements. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our patients.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I accept employment with challiance

Apr 12, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Somerville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for residence to work