Cover image for Tufts Medical Center

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tufts Medical Center~260737
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tufts Medical Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Administraive Coordinator 2

Nov 11, 2022 - Administraive Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place to work and learn.

Cons

Salary compensation not high enough

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for your review. We are always listening to and learning from employee feedback. Many factors go into assessing pay and benefits for our employees and we continue to take honest feedback such as yours into consideration.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best

Nov 23, 2022 - Fellowship Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location - Heart of Boston They don't micromanage If you can do your second or third added job well, they just might give it to you with a pay raise...as long as you keep doing all two or three jobs at once.

Cons

Understaffed and overworked. Always want you to take on more and more outside your role. 2-3+ FTE. No merit based pay, no pension match for a year, parking is not free. They don't really have any money to pay people competitively, either. Turnover rate is sky-high… 10 ish people in under a year. Culture isn't great and morale is pretty low. People cut side deals for own hours or WFH, not really equal. Lastly, there is very little training on anything.

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is important that every employee feels supported. We appreciate your honest feedback and will bring your thoughts to our leadership team.

3. Join the Tufts Medical Center team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Nursing Supervisor

Nov 22, 2022 - Unit Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Tufts shortly but my manager Laura was the absolute sweetest, most understanding person! She's so logical and I can't picture anyone else running the program! Its a great learning opportunity if you get a chance to work there

Cons

Very low pay and unwilling to compromise

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our patients. At Tufts Medical Center, we regularly review our total benefits packages to ensure we are competitive. However, please know that the concerns you have expressed have been heard. We appreciate your honest feedback and will bring your thoughts to our leadership team.

5. 4.0

Great environment

Nov 29, 2022 - Clinical Care Technician in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome environment, everyone is helpful

Cons

Pay can be a bit lower than surrounding hospitals

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our patients. We are always listening to and learning from employee feedback. Many factors go into assessing pay and benefits for our employees and we continue to take honest feedback such as yours into consideration.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good experience

Nov 16, 2022 - Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits good Good location

Cons

Poor management for the company, not even employees for coverage

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As we continue to grow as an organization. We’re working hard to ensure we gain insights into work issues and solutions within the organization.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pediatric Neurology Nurse Practitioner

Nov 10, 2022 - Pediatric Neurology Nurse Practitioner in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many benefits included, Pay for CMEs, Time off for CMEs and good vacation time

Cons

Rebuilding Clinical team so unknowns

Tufts Medical Center Response

At Tufts Medical Center, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to support work-life balance for our employees. We are pleased to hear you are taking advantage of this! Thank you for your contribution to Tufts MC.

8. 4.0

Tufts med tech

Nov 10, 2022 - Medical Technologist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work honestly

Cons

Tufts has expensive parking so that can add up.

Tufts Medical Center Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. At Tufts MC, we are committed to creating a work environment where our employees can thrive. We also understand the costs of commuting and parking in Boston may be prohibitive for some employees. That’s why we are pleased to offer commuter benefits and parking discounts for current employees. Thank you for your contribution to Tufts MC.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Nov 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The camradery and teamwork makes it a great place to work

Cons

The parking is far from the hospital and very expensive

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We're glad that you enjoyed working with team members throughout the organization. We also understand the costs of commuting and parking in Boston may be prohibitive for some employees. That’s why we are pleased to offer commuter benefits and parking discounts for current employees. Thank you for your contribution to Tufts MC.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great leadership in Bianca Cardona. Great physicians. Great residents and medical students.

Oct 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots to learn, numerous learning opportunities, kind people, good pay, helpful team/staff

Cons

May be too fast pace for some, not much room for growth, difficult to socialize while at work (making friends can be hard)

Tufts Medical Center Response

Thank you for your feedback. Our focus is to provide a great experience for all employees at Tufts Medical Center. We encourage employees to share continual feedback with their direct leaders. Our management team has an open-door policy so employees can feel free to connect whenever needed.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

So-so for non-clinical; red carpet for RNs

Aug 24, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here is fine for a paycheck, but honestly, do NOT expect to launch a career here. This is a starter school, not a reach. Understand that working at Tufts is very much a labor contract and nothing more.

Cons

They don’t promote from within, ever. Disclaimer: I never applied for a management position, myself, so I’m not saying this as some spurned candidate. Tufts simply does not seem interested in employee career growth. There’s /always/ an outside candidate more qualified than the staff they themselves have trained.

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’ve shared your feedback with our senior leadership team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 526 Reviews
</>Embed

Tufts Medical Center Reviews FAQs

Tufts Medical Center has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 580 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Tufts Medical Center to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tufts Medical Center employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tufts Medical Center. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

57% of Tufts Medical Center employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tufts Medical Center 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tufts Medical Center to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Tufts Medical Center Job Seekers