Tupperware Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 21, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tupperware Chairman and CEO Rick Goings
Rick Goings

Pros
  • The company philosophy of empowering their independent sales force with a great earning opportunity is admirable (in 5 reviews)

• Great work environment with a clear mission on PEOPLE, both employees and field leaders (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The home party system is outdated and we must find ways to communicate more efficiently (in 3 reviews)

1. "company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tupperware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice ,good, not bad, successful

Cons

big company, limited advancement, many companies with the same model

2. "Employee US & Canada"

Pros

Health initiatives and onsite gym

Cons

Low pay, disorganized, lack of experienced leadership

3. "Good people, but have an exit plan"

I worked at Tupperware full-time

Pros

Fun group of people. Offer both an on-site gym and cafeteria (food isn't too bad).

Cons

Hated watching the company downsize staff every couple of years. Losing so much experience and knowledge. Talked work-life balance, but didn't really create an environment where it was possible.

Advice to Management

Implement 360 reviews of managers and executives, but not sure how you'll get honesty. Invest in ongoing training for all staff and watch most of the seat warmers become more productive.

5. "Tupperware"

Former Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Millbrook, AL
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Millbrook, AL

I worked at Tupperware (Less than a year)

Pros

This opportunity gave me good networking skills. I learned how to be self-employed and the requirements of being my own boss. I could decide when I wanted to work and how much I wanted to work. Of course, the more you put into it the more you would get out of it. I met a lot of wonderful people. I also learned what it really meant to be a customer service representative.

Cons

While this opportunity was mostly a wonderful experience, I was caught between my recruiter and her boss. They fought over me. There was a lot of pressure to host parties, etc. This caused me a lot of stress and I regretted even signing up to be a consultant. Had this not existed, I am sure I would have enjoyed the process much more and would have continued the business after I got married and moved away.

Advice to Management

If possible, try to take away the pressure to perform. Not everyone who joins the organization will want to be just like you, especially at first. Give more time for your recruits to learn the system and products before pushing them so hard to succeed.

6. "Administrator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Pros

An interesting experience working with the products and the sales force. you become passionate with the dinamics of the work.

Cons

not very up to date technology, and administrative processes not afficiently enough. the discipline of the admnistration is not the best.

7. "Well known global Brand that treats employees poorly"

Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tupperware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well known globally as THE name in Plastic storage. Decent compensation packages.

Cons

Executive team favoritism; High turn-over, self-imposed or forced; Antiquated systems; Not considered a modern company. Employees work HARD, long hours with little recognition.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees as much as you respect your sales force; Update your systems to keep up with competitors; Walk the talk re: vision and mission.

8. "IT department is micromanaged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, employee deep discounts on product

Cons

IT department is completely micromanaged, no advancement no matter your skillset

Advice to Management

When people request time off, don't make them wait weeks for a decision. Don't micromanage; let people do their jobs.

9. "It is a problematic company, specially in Venezuela."

Pros

Lots of things to do, lots of room to learn

Cons

No space to grow. Machines are to old.

10. "ok company to work with"

I worked at Tupperware full-time

Pros

very competitive benefits, passionate competent leadership

Cons

low base pay, slow career growth due to size and structure of the organization. Stayed here for 8 years training sales people, then you hit a dead end for promotion because of the very limited upper management structure, so if you want to be promoted you might consider change of career

11. "Values don't match the environment."

I worked at Tupperware full-time

Pros

The company philosophy of empowering their independent sales force with a great earning opportunity is admirable. The people that work at the corporate office are competent and work very hard. There are opportunities to promote from within. The campus is beautiful.

Cons

Office politics are ridiculous. Lack of true leadership to do what is right rather than what will further careers is rampant. Strategy continually changing with little results. The difference between what is expected and what is possible with existing resources is unattainable.

Advice to Management

None as the culture is very resistant to change. Take accountability for poor decisions.