Tupperware Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tupperware Chairman and CEO Rick Goings
Rick Goings

Pros
  • Great people and overall fun environment (in 5 reviews)

• Great work environment with a clear mission on PEOPLE, both employees and field leaders (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons: Honestly is a good Company (in 3 reviews)

• The home party system is outdated and we must find ways to communicate more efficiently (in 3 reviews)

1. "It is a great place to work and build on your marketing skills and meet great people.😀"

Current Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI

Pros

Meeting great people. Dealing great products​ that are BPS free. Lifetime warranty on products.

Cons

You get your share of those customers who do not want to buy the products. But company motivates you to push forward.

2. "Great Organization, great products, great people!"

Current Contractor - Sales Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Sales Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Tupperware as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

World-known and reputable products everyone is familiar with. The home party plan has been in place for 68-years and is tried and true. Lots of recognition, gifts, opportunities for advancement, free trips, cars, etc.

Cons

Must be a highly motivated, self-starter and recruit and train the folks you bring in. No benefits like health-care, vacation, 401K, etc.

Advice to Management

Offer benefits to those who become Directors or above.

3. "An amazing opportunity to change your life!"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Tupperware part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible training, support and profit opportunities. Work on YOUR schedule. Bonuses are endless! Get your Tupperware at a discount. Party for a living!

Cons

It may seem overwhelming but it's not. Tupperware offers an organized proven plan to get your business booming! Always something new and exciting!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Somewhat unorthodox but unique and very useful"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tupperware as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Tupperware does their best to help their associates achieve their goals and they take the same approach for their interns. Regardless of what department you get assigned they are going to give you a workload that matches your skills and teaches you new ones. Most importantly, they keep you involved. There were plenty of meetings I didn't "need" to attend but my bosses had me join anyway to see the "big picture", which was actually very helpful to me overall.

Cons

While most of my work was meaningful, it came sporadically. There would be three weeks straight where I would be working diligently on a specific project and then an off week where I would be doing general (monotonous) intern work, but that could expected from many internships. The pay was decent but could be have been slightly better. Not a huge con but the dress code is (or at least was) business professional which some people weren't a huge fan off.

Advice to Management

Keep up this program! I learned quite a bit would recommend it.

6. "Great place to work but everything IT is outdated"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Tupperware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Longevity - They would rather see you stay in the same position than move up. You have to really screw up to get fired.
    Name Recognition - Under paid and overworked but "Tupperware" looks good on a resume.

Cons

Compensation - Pay is below the national average.
    IT Building - IT needs a major upgrade. The rest of the buildings have been upgraded several times while IT is left on the back burner.
    Opportunities - If you are willing to jump through a bunch of hoops then you can move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Complacency kills productivity - If you don't place any importance on the employees in the IT building they will not go out of their way to be productive.

7. "Great Small Company feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tupperware (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with excellent benefits. Great people and overall fun environment. Though it's a large corporation it has a small company feel.

Cons

Some limits in promotion opportunities depending on where you work. Operates with a minimum number of employees.

Advice to Management

No specific advice as management outlook depends entirely on your direct manage. Have had great and bad managers over the years.

8. "Pretty good"

Former Intern - Marketing in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tupperware as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

There were a lot of opportunities to learn and good cross-functional teamwork. Everyone I worked with was very friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing. The campus is beautiful and they have a lot of benefits for employees beyond the usual - there is a fitness center, they often have parties/events during the day, and they really try to encourage a healthy lifestyle. I felt appreciated by the company. And now I have more Tupperware than I know what to do with!

Cons

There were constantly changes in upper management. It's like they were trying all of these different strategies to improve the company and when one didn't work right away, they would switch it up. It also seemed like the same people continually got promoted while others who worked very hard were looked over.

Advice to Management

Better communication with non-management employees. More personal recognition and thanks instead something generic for the entire company.

9. "Greatest decision of my life!!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Millry, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Millry, AL

I have been working at Tupperware (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility the company offers because I was able to go back to school. The people I work with are the best coworkers I've ever encountered

Cons

It's hard to make enough money if your team isn't fully as committed as you are

10. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tupperware part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Own your own business with training available online. Work the hours you need to accomplish your goals. Great compensation, recognition and rewards.

Cons

Must be self motivated. Customer service is outsourced to foreign country and sometimes difficult to understand.

Advice to Management

Keep customer service within country. Motivational rewards are sometimes cheesy.

11. "Fast Pace Enviroment"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tupperware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Personal growth opportunities
    Promotes from within when possible

Cons

Constant change in leadership and in most cases strategy