Turnberry Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Rose

1. "Be a supported entrepreneur"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Versatile and comprehensive opportunity for a variety of roles in the IT consulting field. Top tier, exclusive associations with some of the biggest clients in the US, as well as partnerships with some of the hottest technology companies. Good pay, and opportunity for growth. Good attention to work/life balance. Ability to "be your own boss" and set your own bars for success. Good "family oriented" team, all the way to the top executives.

Cons

With the entrepreneurial opportunity comes what some may feel is a lower degree of personal structure or direction; those who need heavy guidance may feel a desire for more.

2. "Excellent cadre of very skilled technical practitioners!"

Former Employee - Principal in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Principal in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Turnberry Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Turnberry does a great job of seeking out very skilled technical practitioners that provide many value to their clients. I am quite impressed with the quality of resources that are staffed through Turnberry!

Cons

A significant portion of Turnberry's revenues come from a small handful of clients. They work very hard to keep those few clients highly satisfied at any cost. The only downside is having too many eggs in one basket.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Great people that are very helpful. They have provided lots of insights and have always helped me in every step of Contracting.

Cons

To be honest I don't have any real Cons so far in my experience with Turnberry. If I have to say 1 thing it would be that the communication to new hires when they get the job and onboarding could be more crisp.

"Contract Experience"

Current Employee - Business Change Manager in Lansdowne, PA
    Current Employee - Business Change Manager in Lansdowne, PA

I have been working at Turnberry Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

I found that I was treated with the utmost dignity and respect by all that I interacted with at Turnberry. They were helpful and considerate and always provided me with information and guidance.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything I would classify as a con through my dealings with Turnberry.

"Be Careful, Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Turnberry Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to say here, do yourself a favor and steer clear. Compensation is OK but do not take anything at face value. Their only value is if you need somebody to hustle you in the door at Comcast, but there are better options on the market for that.

Cons

The owners are solely focused on their pass thru body shop business with Comcast. The rest is just window dressing. You cannot trust anything with these guys even if it is put in writing. It is a staffing firm/body shop, not a consulting firm, despite what the website may lead you to believe. Management makes false promises, all just psychological honeyducking to sucker you into Comcast by hook or by crook.

Advice to Management

It's simple: Decide what you want to be and be authentic. There is so much wasted potential here.

"Very demanding, exciting and rewarding work environment . Great place to wok."

Current Employee - Director in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Phila, PA

I have been working at Turnberry Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a very entrepreneurial culture, and spirit here. Leadership is very involved and supportive.
    It is a performance based culture for sure, and we employ top level talent across the organization. A strong customer focused philosophy is expected. Really enjoy my co-workers. CEO/CTO available and accessible.

Cons

At times maybe need to slow down , to speed up. Also realize some element of change is both healthy and necessary
    for continued growth and success.

Advice to Management

Continue to have ethics and integrity as the foundation of how the firm operates. People are our biggest asset, attracting and maintaining top talent is the key for our future.

8. "Excellent!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Turnberry Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment

Cons

Fast pace environment, lots of activity

"Low quality body shop"

Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

They have some IT contracts

Cons

Its full of low quality people. Its an agency that gets its business on price. After a while the low quality comes back to haunt you.

Advice to Management

No point - they don't care

10. "An above average staffing and consulting firm"

I worked at Turnberry Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Turnberry is a very professional consulting/staffing firm with a good relationship with many large businesses in the area.

Cons

To maintain the aforementioned good relationships, sometimes clients are allowed to run wild and pull all kinds of unprofessional stuff that a true business partner wouldn't get away with. A danger to any business, and not something Turnberry should specifically be penalized for.

Advice to Management

Consider having long-term W2 employees have their benefits kick in right away. "You'll have to wait up to a year before you're treated like a real employee" is not the best recommendation.

"Scattered"

Pros

People were very nice. Dedicated career minded folks all had same view of leadership.

Cons

Executive Team - inability to lead

Advice to Management

Invest in and make a full commitment to practices. Don't let employees work half days. Accountability. 95% of your revenue comes from throwing people at Comcast and hoping they stick. Focus on improving that model. You are a staffing company.