Turner Broadcasting Financial Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
John Martin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Slim chances of moving up the career ladder and difficult work/life balance (in 35 reviews)

• It's hard to move around to different departments (in 15 reviews)

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Get company with excellent benefits. Good people and the manager I has was beyond awesome. Very flexible and concerned about my personal and professional goals.

Cons

I can't say that every manager is great, I have heard many horror stories. Salary was in the lowest of the part of the range, moral has slipped since the layoffs in 2014, ton of work with less employees to handle it, a lot of the perks have dissolved

Advice to Management

Base salary is important, make sure you pay your employees what they are truly worth, continue to create work like balance in the midst of all the changes within the company

"Its ok not great"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Benefits, Work lIfe Balance.

Cons

Downsizes and my mangers are discounted to their employees.

"High Pace & High Stress"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits and great location

Cons

After the restructure their tag line was "Less with Less", however it is really "The Same with Less". Very high pace, very stressful

Advice to Management

Think about your employees. Treat them good or you will lose them to other employers

4. "Finance"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is good if you have the right manager (Ability to work from home, etc). Turner has many great benefits, such as their good health plan options, generous PTO and Summer Fridays (leave at 3) are a great. There are many intelligent people to work with.

Cons

In finance & accounting, upward movement can be slow sometimes but this greatly depends on your group.

"Was a great company to work for, now headed in a different direction by different leadship"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, very family-friendly, flexible scheduling, kinda cool to be in the building when news is breaking, or election cycles, or even sporting events, running into personalities, just a small, but cool employee perk; managers are well-trained and well-versed; plenty of resources available when answers are needed; pretty collaborative environment; people are, for the most part, very friendly and easy to work with across all areas of the company; office culture depends on the periods, or on the specific days, but mostly relaxed and informal; people are approachable; dress code is mostly professional, but also relaxed; the Turner 2020 project produced robust severance packages, which will assist the affected employees substantially as they try to continue their careers, or even retire; kudos to the company for doing that much for the affected

Cons

There's been very little investment in improving career advancement paths. It even appears to be gone the other way. You rarely hear of anyone getting promoted anymore, as it occurred in the past. People leave departments or the company entirely to advance. Salary was and remains below industry and local standards. Bonuses have been pretty stagnant for the past few years, and we're wondering whether they will also be a casualty. Many of the employee benefits and perks have dwindled away over the years, and it appears that more will be sacrificed in light of the 2020 project. Morale has been down since Turner 2020 has been announced, and even worse over the past 2 weeks, as every employee's employment status was left in limbo. The employees who survived are pretty shaken and really don't know when their turn will be next. Unsure of the leadership right now.

Advice to Management

It would have been nice to have provided the employees with more details of the Turner 2020 project prior to us reading it in every publication. That completely killed morale in Atlanta. We read more details about the plans in the Atlanta Business Chronicle, or ajc.com, or wsb website, than what were released internally. I'm hoping that there is a real plan to address the morale and NY management trust issue. Also, a clearer plan moving forward might help get employees back onboard, along with more defined career development opportunities for advancement.

6. "Great job, Great Benefits, Pay a little on the low side"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance, benefits, flexibility, vacation, & people

Cons

Pay is slightly on the low side

7. "Really enjoy the people"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life and gym benefits

Cons

Location commute and salary and political

Advice to Management

None

8. "Senior financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great values, work life balance

Cons

Sr. management can be a pain

9. "Great Company and benefits going through a lot of change in the industry"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I worked at Turner Broadcasting full-time

Pros

Fun company with great people and benefits.

Cons

It was hard to move internally or get promotions and they do not pay competitively with the industry. I would interview people and would not be allowed to negotiate once an offer was extended. We refused some candidates and were also turned down during the negotiation process.

Advice to Management

Try to stay in touch with your team from top to bottom and pay attention to whether or not the actions of middle managers align with their promises.

10. "Dynamic Enviroment & Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The media and entertainment business is a mentally stimulating environment and Turner strives to be on the cutting edge. I have great opportunities to learn and contribute to this mega-media giant. Great benefits - i.e. medical, dental, health insurance, 401k, vacation time, Summer Fridays, discounted products & services from our advertisers, professional development classes and generous time off for holidays.

Cons

The company needs to speed up the process of removing negative employees. These people impact the morale of employees who enjoy their work.

Advice to Management

Continue to stive towards streamlining processes and weed out the non-performing employees.