Turner Broadcasting Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Washington, DC

John Martin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Turner is fine as you begin your career BUT I would recommend to leave after a couple of years of experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Some solid journalists, compensation package is okay, a place for entry level folks to get experience quickly and leave for other opportunities

Cons

Mid level management is terrible and doesn't communicate, no room for career growth, not a family oriented atmosphere, human resources not helpful,

Advice to Management

The company should really look at mid management and the problems they create and no solutions. Mid management needs alot of training to be effective not only on job but also in communication and employee relations.

"CNN a Turner Broadcasting company is a great place to work if it was worth it."

Current Employee - Camera Operator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Camera Operator in Washington, DC

Pros

-It's a very popular company, and looks GREAT on a resume.
    -Turner Broadcasting includes so many television brands, I particularly work for CNN and it's plethora of networks.

Cons

-The compensation is the lowest in the television industry for a global media organization
    -The line level management prefers not to communicate well with it's teams.

Advice to Management

As an industry we are the lowest compensated employees on the totem-pole yet we work hard to make our brand, our content and our product the strongest in the industry. Our company needs to restructure its pay scales and be considerate of the workers who make CNN such a popular and sustainable product. The cost of housing in Washington, DC where I work and live doubled by 201% in 2005; with over 10 years if outstanding industry experience my annual compensation shows nothing of it.