Turner Construction Reviews
83% would recommend to a friend
(1747 total reviews)
Peter J. Davoren
93% approve of CEO
Found 1,747 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and inclusive" (in 157 reviews)
- "The company health benefits are good." (in 124 reviews)
- "Outstanding reputation Top General Contractor across many industries Good pay well qualified collegues" (in 71 reviews)
- "The Kansas City BU is awesome and has a great culture." (in 56 reviews)
- "Salaries are competitive within the industry" (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Turner Construction and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023InternCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Such a good experience Good people Great encouragement Good environment Quite
Lots of work Hard to get to know everyone Boring at times Cold office No diversity
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Field EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCincinnati, OH
Great company benefits, flexible with work and personal life, great individuals that help and want to see you succeed.
Long hours, tough to move up
- 3.0Nov 9, 2023Project EngineerCurrent Employee
Turner is stable and typically exhausts other options before layoffs. They offer mobility around the US if you desire a move. They listen to your input about what role/opportunities you’d like to pursue at the company.
The base pay seems 10-15% below industry average. Promotional track seems to vary widely based on what role you get assigned, and there are hundreds of different roles available with the title “engineer.”
- 2.0Oct 4, 2023Construction ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBuffalo, NY
I don’t have any pros at the moment that are noteworthy.
Business units ride the company reputation and don’t do much internally to earn it. Zero transparency, no communication, no open door policy, BMs look out for themselves, toxic project management styles and dynamics are encouraged, managers rely on TKN for training instead of one-on-one training, pay is inadequate, it’s normal to be spread thin than it is to have balance, working long hours and driving long distances are expected, not enough support or admin staff, I could go on indefinitely.1
- 1.0Nov 23, 2023SuperintendentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAtlanta, GA
They pay their salaries on time
The talent is poor. Some of the worst construction individuals I have worked with and they continue to hire sub par employees with no skills or experience.
Turner Construction Reviews FAQs
Turner Construction has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 2,121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Turner Construction to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
83% of Turner Construction employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Turner Construction 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.