Turningpoint Global Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Data scientist"

Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall good company, good benefits, nice people

Cons

No career path for employees

Advice to Management

Take feedback form employees

2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The owners of the company are good people who care about their employees and really do not like to fire people (to a fault). The health insurance is excellent and is 100% paid. The pay is good and there is opportunity for upward mobility for those that work hard and have a position that has visibility to the owners or upper management. The holiday party is really a great time. Most of the people in the company are really great people to work with.

Cons

There is no concept of work life balance and employees are expected to work very long hours and most weekends because the company tends to underbid work or underestimate the level of effort and so there are not enough people to get projects done according to aggressive timelines. There is a bad problem with micromanagement from the CEO and down. One of the VPs treats those that work for him horribly. He takes credit anytime something good happens and throws employees under the bus when mistakes are made. Vacation days are minimal and because of the fact that most areas of the company are short staffed, taking vacation days makes the days before and after pure hell. No matter how long you work there, there is no potential to earn more time off and there is no reward for employee tenure. HR is terrible at finding qualified people quickly, leaving positions vacant for long periods of time.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to earn more time off after they have been there a while. Take a good hard look at some of your VPs and how they treat those under them. Hire more HR staff.

3. "My colleagues are great to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Principals care about welfare of employees, the salary and benefits are good and competitive, the projects provide scope for professional growth and the we enjoy a safe and clean work environment but the people, from the top to the bottom, who I get to work with every day - they are the reason I like to work here

Cons

No cons because continuous grow provides new work opportunities and scope for professional growth

Advice to Management

Continue giving people who are currently employed first opportunity to work on new projects as the company wins new business

4. "Great place to work"

Pros

The TurningPoint culture is what keeps the employees here! It's a relaxed environment with friendly employees in addition to the professionalism. Employees have a great sense of job security and there are many opportunites to grow with the company.

Cons

No significant cons to mention

5. "A perfect blend of professionalism, Diversity and Fun"

Pros

The company offers flexible work schedules and is considerate of employees work and family balance. I enjoy the free coffee, candy and soda. I know that if I am not feeling well I can always go to the well equipped first aid kit.

Cons

The candy in the candy dish is irresistable

6. "Poor excuse for a company"

I worked at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awful, unprofessional, harrassing, disgusting, illegal.

Cons

This group of individuals should be sent to jail. They have no idea how to treat people. Everything they do is unethical. It's shocking that they even still exist. Those who are married, have children, or are getting divorced get treated better than those who are not. Not really sure what they do because nothing was produced during my horrid few months of working for them.

Advice to Management

Learn The Golden Rule.

7. "Great Company to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Growth Opportunities and understanding and listening management team. Provides great work life balance that I am missing now. They work on new technologies and with new companies on small to large projects so it gave me a very wide exposure to work and technology.

Cons

Did find anything great that i can mention as cons, and listing of canteen and other facility issues is trivial for anyone joining.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support structure you have

8. "TurningPoint is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great management, super owners, great benefits. These owners are very dedicated to their

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

"Love working for TurningPoint"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits (free medical- savings $7k-8k), good compensation and opportunity for advancement. Less stress than major consulting firms and location is perfect for me. the company is big in work /life balance, and flexible work schedule is encouraged with manager approval. there are a lots of opportunities if you are willing to work hard. Employee turnover is low, even during the slow economic period.

Cons

none as far as I'm concerned. .

Advice to Management

Hiring experienced consultants from big firm will bring new blood and widen our experience and expertise.

"Sr Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Turningpoint Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Good Work Environment and Friendly culture

Cons

Less Salary Less Salary Less Salary Less Salary & too Less Salary

Advice to Management

Please revise the workers benefits