Tushaus Computer Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.7
Gregg Tushaus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The grass is greener where you grow it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers a great opportunity to work with many technologies and many businesses. Co-workers have a can do attitude toward customer service.

Cons

The consulting work is not for everyone and can lead to burn out.

Advice to Management

Leadership requires courage. The whiners are not the only people with feedback.

"Don't bother"

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zip, nada, nothing, they want the world but won't pay for it.

Cons

Worked there quite a while. Management was horrid. They could never keep one more than a year before discovering how incompetent they were. Pay is far below market standard but expectations always kept increasing.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking.

"Heed the warning in the rest of the reviews"

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time

Pros

Pay was decent
    Clients were enjoyable to work with

Cons

Where do I start? Management was extremely condescending and insulting. Like others have said, they pretend to care about issues you bring to them but, in the end, if it doesnt generate money, they do not care. The more you put in, the more they want, if you arent juggling 10 things at once, it's not considered good enough. They completely kill any interest you have in your work with their behavior.

Advice to Management

New management. I won't name specific areas, but changes need to be made or morale will not improve and turnover will continue to be high.

"The grass IS greener outside of this comany!"

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many I can think of. Bonuses promised but never materialized. Clients were great to work with.

Cons

The fact that one of the only positive reviews gives four stars, praises management as “Courageous” and describes those who complain about the poor working conditions as “Whiners” tells you all you need to know about this company! Over a dozen other former employees would disagree with this positive spin as would I. After working here for over 2 years I would agree with most of what’s already been stated here. High expectations for low pay. Bad morale everywhere you look.

Advice to Management

The grass only LOOKS greener to some because of all the ferlizer being spread.

"Unappreciated Employee(s)"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule available, so long as you get your work done and put in your hours. BYOD (phone) reimbursement if you choose to allow their software on your device. Certification test reimbursement and bonus possible. Some of the people are down to earth, good people and fun to work with.

Cons

Below market pay. There is no followed workflow process. You are asked to fill out the same information multiple different times over the months, so that it can be placed in the company SharePoint or other information repository. Then you are asked to email that information to someone when they need it because they can't, don't want to, or don't know how to find it. Company employee politics determine more about how employee progress is viewed, instead of employee performance. Managers don't listen to their employees. There have been many good ideas that were ignored when brought to the managers, and these ideas could have greatly helped avoid many of the issues the business is currently having problems with. Managers will ask you to do jobs that are administrative and should fall upon project managers, account managers or themselves. When you do these things, because you want to be a good employee, you are questioned as to why you have so much admin time, and are not more billable. This list could go on, but will not due to the interest of time and for the benefit of your eyesight.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and quit with the BS, smoke blowing lies and fake interest. This company has a good base to build upon, with some of the reimbursements, flexibility and bonuses they offer, if they could just find the managers that knew how to manage. Listen to your employees, they can have very good information on how to help the business avoid further decline, or even promote growth. If they ask for help, or try to gain knowledge in different areas, there could be very good reasons to listen to them. They know what is trending and where the direction of their profession is heading.

Also, without redundancy when something breaks down, you could waste a lot of time and money trying to fix the issue or wait for a replacement. Wouldn't it have been better to get some redundancy in place for fail-over, in case the original fails? This applies to people as well as items/hardware. Good luck.

"I Hear The Fat Lady Singing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We got new chairs. Thanks Operations!

Cons

Can't deliver on what they sell....it is hard to watch...really it is. I feel bad for the employees and I really feel bad for the customers.

Advice to Management

I think it is over..it is time to say goodbye now.

"Run in circles until it's deadline time"

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time

Pros

Some flexibility in work hours

Cons

Low pay for work, low holiday and funeral time, unrealistic staff levels on projects and deadlines, expected to always be available in exchange for flex work hours, senior management gives lip service to concerns but doesn't really care.

Advice to Management

Everyone knows that companies are in business to make money, but stop treating employees like they are machines instead of human beings.

"Sticks & Carrots : No Real Leadership"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facility is in a nice location.

Cons

This is a company and a culture that does not value people. Leadership attempts to retain good talent with sticks and carrots ultimately fails. The turnover rate is high and the salaries are well below market. Unless you are seeking entry level experience I would not recommend joining the company.

Advice to Management

The merger of Dedicated Computing and Tushaus Computer Services has been managed very poorly by leadership. Don has taken a company that was once very successful when Gregg was leading it and he has unraveled and diminished the brand credibility and integrity on which the company was once built. I don't believe this company has a strong future.

"Don't even consider Tushaus unless you are unemployed and desperate."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got paid regularly, some of the facilities are nice as are some of the people.

Cons

Where do I begin. The company was solid in it's former days when Gregg Tushaus was engaged. Now after the merger, no one understand why Don from Dedicated bought the company. He fired good people and the best remaining left in less than a year. If you are considering working here talk to an ex-Tushaus employee or a customer.

Advice to Management

Don, if Mason Wells only knew how incompetent you are you would be sent away!!

"The worst employment experience I have ever had."

Former Employee - Enterprise Systems Engineer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Enterprise Systems Engineer in Madison, WI

I worked at Tushaus Computer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly, there are not any.

Cons

Management is immature and at times, almost cruel. Customers are unhappy, employees are unhappy, promises are not kept to either. Yet they tout that those who leave are 'not worthy.' It is a toxic work environment.

Advice to Management

You have lost all of the talent that many companies would have been lucky to have. Find some leaders to lead and stop allowing bullies to manage. Gregg needs to take a real look at what is happening to what he 'poured his heart into.' I suspect it can be salvaged - but not for long. It is heartbreaking what happened in such a short time. The Wisconsin IT community is small and Tushaus is the new Goliath.