Tutor Perini Assistant Superintendent Reviews | Glassdoor

Ron Tutor
  1. "PBC"

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their field. The upper management cares about their employees. The engineers were all on top of the RFI's and change orders. They have an open-door policy which proves to work.

Cons

There is the "click" factor amongst a few. The supervisor that I had had was not the most pleasent, but did teach me quite a bit.

Advice to Management

When you have a knowledgeable General Superintendent but he/she has a bad way of (or do not) teaching their subordinates please get with the subordinate to see what and if there is a problem.

Tutor Perini2012-07-08

"Only work here if you're desperate for work.."

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salaries Looks good on your resume for your next major construction comapny

Cons

Poor upper management (primarily PM's) who never leaves the job trailer Toxic work environment Very selfish company with selfish employee's, won't have your back on the job with subs

Tutor Perini2018-06-25

"There are better companies that pay more. Why would you choose to work here?"

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of my coworkers are good people.

Cons

Tutor is a dirt bag. No subs respect him. Not many owners respect him after CityCenter. Perini's star has fallen since he took over. Lots of senior managers are on the take. We were forced to give out contracts to the companies that handed out NASCAR tickets to the bosses and put new tile in the bosses' houses, regardless of how low their bids were or how bad they did their job. Everyone is so afraid of... blowing a schedule that no one raises their voice and says, hey, why are we installing concrete wrong? Why don't we take an extra day and build per the drawings?

Advice to Management

Employees want to build their career. Not just your bank account. Give them a reason to give a damn about the company.

Tutor Perini2015-09-10