Tutor Perini Superintendent Reviews | Glassdoor

Ron Tutor
  1. "PBC"

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their field. The upper management cares about their employees. The engineers were all on top of the RFI's and change orders. They have an open-door policy which proves to work.

Cons

There is the "click" factor amongst a few. The supervisor that I had had was not the most pleasent, but did teach me quite a bit.

Advice to Management

When you have a knowledgeable General Superintendent but he/she has a bad way of (or do not) teaching their subordinates please get with the subordinate to see what and if there is a problem.

Tutor Perini2012-07-08
  2. "Superintendent"

Former Employee - Superintendent in New York, NY

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits with stability and corporate support. I enjoyed having the design/build capabilities and being a part of historic, large scale projects.

Cons

Lack of understanding with regards to pleasing client. While there are so many knowledgeable and capable people working for Tutor Perini, their personnel is diluted with far too many liability type who have profound impacts on project success.

Advice to Management

I recommend having a bit more humility and flexibility with clients, you’re not the only outfit capable of doing huge commercial projects. The reckless “cowboy” mentality of some field personnel needs corporate oversight as it has a negative impact on project level

Tutor Perini2019-03-04
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"If you have no morals, this is the place for you"

Current Employee - General Superintendent in New York, NY

I have been working at Tutor Perini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They really pay well, it's the only reason I am still here.

Cons

To upper management you are only a number to be discarded after they use and abuse you. The philosophy is to screw the owner over at every turn and then go to court to get paid. You will be lied to and asked to lie for them almost daily. Every problem on the job is a subcontractors or the owners fault. If something goes wrong, they are quick to place blame on anyone but themselves. They are routinely featured... on the engineering catastrophes TV show. Just look at the City Center in Vegas They will fly in the CEO's golden boy in to create chaos and get the owner mad, than send him away and proceed to blame everyone else for any issues on the job. Expenses take a minimum of 3 to 6 months to reimburse expenses. For a billion dollar company, they can't pay their bills on time, just ask anyone that has ever been a subcontractor for them

Advice to Management

Fire anyone that has more than 1 capitol letter in their job title. Stop buying jobs to give you employees a fighting chance to make money Treat your employees like they are people.

Tutor Perini2019-04-05

"Only work here if you're desperate for work.."

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salaries Looks good on your resume for your next major construction comapny

Cons

Poor upper management (primarily PM's) who never leaves the job trailer Toxic work environment Very selfish company with selfish employee's, won't have your back on the job with subs

Tutor Perini2018-06-25

"Superintendent"

Project Superintendent in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Tutor Perini for more than 10 years

Pros

A very good company to work for that really cares for their employees.

Cons

Could have better communication with up management.

Tutor Perini2016-07-07

"There are better companies that pay more. Why would you choose to work here?"

Former Employee - Assistant Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Tutor Perini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of my coworkers are good people.

Cons

Tutor is a dirt bag. No subs respect him. Not many owners respect him after CityCenter. Perini's star has fallen since he took over. Lots of senior managers are on the take. We were forced to give out contracts to the companies that handed out NASCAR tickets to the bosses and put new tile in the bosses' houses, regardless of how low their bids were or how bad they did their job. Everyone is so afraid of... blowing a schedule that no one raises their voice and says, hey, why are we installing concrete wrong? Why don't we take an extra day and build per the drawings?

Advice to Management

Employees want to build their career. Not just your bank account. Give them a reason to give a damn about the company.

Tutor Perini2015-09-10
  8. "Perini"

Superintendent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Tutor Perini

Pros

Really great jobs that are challenging and fufilling. salary is among the best paid. Ability to make decsions without a lot of redtape.

Cons

recognigtion of peoples talents is adequate at best. old boy network in place that limits opportunities. accountibility of PM's is questionable

Advice to Management

Your superintendents and engineers are the backbone of this company. I suggest you invest more time into their development profressionally. keep up with reviews, positive feedback, track progress based on accomplishments rather than being in "the club".

Tutor Perini2009-12-11