Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Reviews

2.2
Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
Cons
  • "Management, the way things are handled, low pay(in 30 reviews)

• "Not enough real world views but f how classrooms should be run(in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Easy-going and not strict"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in East Rockaway, NY

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly staff, easy to understand curriculum, easy to implement curriculum, supportive management

Cons

no holidays off, long hours, more like a daycare than a preschool

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2019-10-13

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with your coworkers. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. Thanks for all you do at your center!

2. "Easy to get started"

5.0

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Pros

Easy routine to get used to

Cons

Kids misbehave and are difficult on occasion

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2018-10-30

November 5, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Tutor Time. Thanks again for the review!

3. "illegal breaking practices and lies"

Current Employee - Floater and Assistant Teacher in Baldwin, NY

Pros

some of the children are sweet. nice to see them grow

Cons

you're promised raises you don't get you to stay they try to make you work through breaks without your consent they have high expectations of you but pay you minimum wage despite any degrees or experience. they treat breaks and workers rights as an option or privilege rather than a human right and act appalled if you expect to be treated like an respectable human being and asset to their company. advice to workers . if you're looking for a job while you're building yourself up just become a cashier . same pay less stress.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2020-05-22

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for your review as a Tutor Time employee. Working in the Early Childhood Education field definitely has its challenges. We strive to create networks of support among our school-based staff at all levels, as well as with our regional management team to help our employees navigate through those challenges and feel successful every day. We are sorry to hear that you have not feel this type of support. If you are interested in sharing more details about your experience, please call our Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

4. "I wouldn't recommend working here and neither would my doctor"

2.0

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time

Pros

Decent Benefits, delightful children, small-knit community, opportunities to interact with and gain ideas from members from other centers at trainings

Cons

I have had an actual doctor tell me that leaving this place was one of the best decision I have made for my health. The social climate is incredibly toxic. Although this does not apply to all of management and all of the employees, the majority of them lack human compassion, morality, and are unknowledgeable about mental and physical health. In case this wasn't widely known, strained mental health can weaken one's immune system and leave lasting impacts on a person's physical health, despite maintaining a healthy diet. My own doctor mentioned that "you would think these people would be friendlier and would know better than to behave that way, considering they work with children." I as well as other employees have noticed members mock and make fun of students of East Asian and South Asian descent. Although I have not worked at this center within the past 5 months (and I don't wish to make any false accusations), I can only imagine that this has heightened in light of COVID-19, or at least towards students of East Asian descent. I truly hope this is not the case here.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2020-04-13

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

This is upsetting to hear, and not in keeping with our values. Tutor Time is committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees and children, where everyone is able to enjoy a positive, inclusive and welcoming environment and is enabled to be successful at work. It’s our policy to provide an environment that’s free from unlawful discrimination of any type. We take these concerns very seriously. Thank you for your feedback.

5. "Safety and not enough paid"

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Pros

One teacher I will enjoy working with in the Prk room.

Cons

Not enough paid and my safety. The manger is unprofessional when comes to my safety.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2020-04-17

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

This is upsetting to hear. Tutor Time is committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees, where everyone is able to enjoy a positive, inclusive and welcoming environment and is enabled to be successful at work. Thank you for your feedback.

6. "If you want to make a difference in a child's life this company is not for you. If $ for company is #1 you are here!"

Former Employee - Center Director

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing children and families. Wonderful staff and local school management. The teachers and school managers are what makes every day better, especially knowing that the people beyond the local schools don't care.

Cons

Lack of support beyond local school to managers. Give realistic goals and expectations. Make children and families the top priority, not the $.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2020-03-06

March 6, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for the review. We are glad to hear you appreciated some of the advantages of working for Tutor Time, and welcome your feedback as a former employee. We can promise you that the children and the families we serve, as well as our staff are our main priority. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding management (including those involving staffing and ratios) are ones that we take very seriously, and will be noted for further action.

7. "Okay but not best"

Former Employee - Conract Manager

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

The kids and their families were best part

Cons

Expensive benefits Too much turnover

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2020-01-08

January 14, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with the children and families at your center. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. Thanks again for the insights.

8. "Tutoring"

4.0
    Former Employee - Tutor in Lyle, MN

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to help kids

Cons

There can be troubled kids

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2019-12-03

December 5, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

9. "Awful"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Set schedule, opportunities to grow

Cons

Management doesn't listen to needs or the feedback from staff or families.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2019-12-16

December 19, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.

10. "Money driven"

Current Employee - Infant Teacher

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

A job with infants. Co workers were wonderful.

Cons

Corporate, paperwork getting in the way of actual care, improper handles of illnesses, constant call outs from administration, left out of ratio many times.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center2019-11-15