Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Ridiculously low pay, long hours, management is unqualified, high turnover rate" (in 27 reviews)

• "Long hours if short staffed (which can be often)" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love It"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Coworker
    Great Leadership
    I got very lucky with this job. Leadership is great and they stand up for their staff if any situation happens. Love all the staff. I really love everything about it and am so happy here!

Cons

Would love a dollar or 2 more an hour!

Feb 16, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you love working with the company - how great is it to be able to say that about a job? Thank you for all you do for children and... More

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Oakdale, NY
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Oakdale, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Fun work environment.

Cons

The kids can test your patience.

Feb 16, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear your experience as a Tutor Time employee was a positive one! We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times... More

3. "Work hard for who?"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

The kids. You absolutely fall in love with the kids you work with. If you’re someone who’s already decided to dedicate your life to working with children, it’ll have all the pros of every other job you’ve had working with them. They’re hilarious and fun. Working with other people who are passionate about the development of children is a joy, everyone is hard working, kind hearted, and warm.

Cons

My director and district manager have no clue what they are doing as of running a facility. Ratios can be off, breaks are consistently missed, late lunches where the times are conveniently changed to when they were supposed to be on the login system. Training is confusing and does absolutely nothing for when it actually comes to the classroom. With the lack of teachers and subs, children don’t actually stay with their primary caregiver(unlike the programs advertising says) and are moved to a room where they can fit in. Sometimes this means children are in classrooms inappropriate for their age or with teachers that are unfamiliar. This creates a stressed environment for children and teachers both. Add missed breaks, late lunches and sometimes still being over ratio despite all of the exchanges of children, it leave teachers bitter and tired behind managements back. All of this on top of recording attendance of two separate sheets of paper, an app (where you also have the responsibility of taking photos and updating parents ALL day on every little thing) it begins to feel confusing on what you’re supposed to prioritize in the classroom, and often times it doesn’t not feel like your prioritizing the children, but pleasing corporate is.

Advice to Management

Don’t overload your teachers with so many responsibilities for little pay.
    The many responsibilities don’t only wear your poor teachers out, but hurts more when the appreciation or acknowledgement isn’t there for all that we do. Teachers work hard and it’s be great if they could provide more opportunities for feed back for change that don’t involve going straight to your director.
    Make sure each center has enough staff so people aren’t begging to leave work on their scheduled time, or just dying for their break to relieve themselves. And how about district managers that have a history in childcare and have a decent understanding of licensing? Directors that have organizational skills and can manage not just a classroom but a building full of them. Having enough staff would make it so the director could be in their office and not always in ratio. There’s already a standard in the child care industry that workers are underpaid and overworked, aim to be better than licensing (lower ratios) and aim to be better than the average center in the industry (fair pay for hard work).

Aug 2, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights on your experience working for one of our schools. We know the ECE field is challenging, but we are glad you have found light in your role with... More

4. "Okay place to work"

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time

Pros

The kids were the best part

Cons

Short staffed, ratios were close. Not clean, trashy co-workers

Aug 2, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are sorry to hear your experience working for Tutor Time has not been a positive one. But we are so very glad you enjoy working with the children. Thank you for your review!

5. "Teacher"

Former Employee - Infant/Toddler Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Infant/Toddler Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive group of teachers and loved working with the kids.

Cons

The pay is not great but similar to what other early education jobs pay.

Advice to Management

Make sure your teachers are shown appreciation for all their hard work.

Aug 2, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your review! We are glad to had a supportive group of teachers working along side you at your school. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a... More

6. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the kids and the families!

Cons

Directors change once a year. No loyalty amongst corporate and their employees

Advice to Management

Communicate so your staff will stay. It's important to have consistancy!

7. "Unsupported"

Current Employee - School Director in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - School Director in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and families. Beautiful schools, lots of money invested in new materials and technology for children and teachers.

Cons

Lack of communication and support

Advice to Management

Invest in teachers and administrators. Train, support, coach and guide.

Aug 2, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry that you had a disappointing experience. We’re committed to creating a supportive work environment where every employee is given the opportunity to be... More

8. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

Working with Children and watching them grow

Cons

Benefits and pay are horrible in New York State
    Most classrooms are chaotic because teachers let the students do whatever they want. The company policy says it is very similar to a Montessori school but management wants structure in the classroom with no policy in place for that.
    Company policies are very strict but very contradictory.
    Most people have to put in overtime and work their days off due to management scheduling and frequent occasions of staff quitting the job.
    You don't get paid for the time you clean your room at the end of the night.
    Supplies are not delivered on time (but that's just a general teacher problem).

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff!
    Know that staff is not perfect! Treat your staff with respect and kindness!

"Love it and Hate it at the same time"

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The staff is amazing. Everyone gets along great, no drama!
    *Awesome administration that helps in any way they can!
    *Great parents!

Cons

*The company policies seem to contradict itself at times making it very confusing.
    *Breaks are horrible. Sometimes all of my breaks were given to me in the beginning of the day, leaving me stranded for the rest of the day with no relief.
    *They don't really train you on the schedules and flow of each classroom you're going to be in. Sometimes you are just thrown into a class full of kids and you have to just figure it out. I feel like its setting us up to fail.
    *Most of the staff there are underpaid.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth! They work so hard and I feel like people wouldn't leave so often.
    Before throwing a new employee into a classroom, give them an overview of the schedule/ flow of the classroom and let them know of children who may have special needs that need to be attended to.
    Breaks should be given throughout the day not all at once.

10. "Lead teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part are the kids

Cons

There are no cons at all