Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Ridiculously low pay, long hours, management is unqualified, high turnover rate (in 27 reviews)

• Long hours if short staffed (which can be often) (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love It"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Coworker
    Great Leadership
    I got very lucky with this job. Leadership is great and they stand up for their staff if any situation happens. Love all the staff. I really love everything about it and am so happy here!

Cons

Would love a dollar or 2 more an hour!

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Response

Feb 16, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you love working with the company - how great is it to be able to say that about a job? Thank you for all you do for children and... More

2. "My Review"

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the kids and staff that I work with

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind

Advice to Management

Communication needs to still improve

3. "Teacher"

Former Employee - Infant/Toddler Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Infant/Toddler Teacher in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive group of teachers and loved working with the kids.

Cons

The pay is not great but similar to what other early education jobs pay.

Advice to Management

Make sure your teachers are shown appreciation for all their hard work.

4. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the kids and the families!

Cons

Directors change once a year. No loyalty amongst corporate and their employees

Advice to Management

Communicate so your staff will stay. It's important to have consistancy!

5. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

Working with Children and watching them grow

Cons

Benefits and pay are horrible in New York State
    Most classrooms are chaotic because teachers let the students do whatever they want. The company policy says it is very similar to a Montessori school but management wants structure in the classroom with no policy in place for that.
    Company policies are very strict but very contradictory.
    Most people have to put in overtime and work their days off due to management scheduling and frequent occasions of staff quitting the job.
    You don't get paid for the time you clean your room at the end of the night.
    Supplies are not delivered on time (but that's just a general teacher problem).

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff!
    Know that staff is not perfect! Treat your staff with respect and kindness!

"Love it and Hate it at the same time"

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The staff is amazing. Everyone gets along great, no drama!
    *Awesome administration that helps in any way they can!
    *Great parents!

Cons

*The company policies seem to contradict itself at times making it very confusing.
    *Breaks are horrible. Sometimes all of my breaks were given to me in the beginning of the day, leaving me stranded for the rest of the day with no relief.
    *They don't really train you on the schedules and flow of each classroom you're going to be in. Sometimes you are just thrown into a class full of kids and you have to just figure it out. I feel like its setting us up to fail.
    *Most of the staff there are underpaid.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth! They work so hard and I feel like people wouldn't leave so often.
    Before throwing a new employee into a classroom, give them an overview of the schedule/ flow of the classroom and let them know of children who may have special needs that need to be attended to.
    Breaks should be given throughout the day not all at once.

7. "Lead teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part are the kids

Cons

There are no cons at all

"Assistant Teacher"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview was easy, the facilities are nice and the hours are very flexible.

Cons

The pay is very low, the work is difficult with little to no help/acknowledgement or benefit. Some of the policies make no sense and make the teachers lives very difficult. The classrooms are underfunded. Assistant teachers sometimes have to do all the work of lead teachers with none of the pay or privilege. They expect a lot with very little training

Advice to Management

Consider listening more closely to the needs of your employees. Find out what things each classroom needs and focus on helping teachers make their classrooms more efficient rather than filling the schools quota. Too much emphasis is placed on filling the school to capacity rather than the actual students and teachers

9. "Lying Staff members"

Former Employee - Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

cute kids, adorable kids and even cuter kids

Cons

Staff members complained to me how things were being run. Said they hated the location after 2 days of employment i understood why they claimed i had gottin into it with a parent and lied to my temp agency. When i called to ask them why they would say such a thing she claimed they never said that. That a kid claimed he was pulled off of his bike by his legs and they were "investigating everyone" i personally believe they were trying to assign blame and blamed me.

Advice to Management

quit

10. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

If you love to teach, and are preparing for a job in education, this job is great preparation for learning how to deal with different situations, parents and management.

Cons

Ridiculously low pay, long hours, management is unqualified, high turnover rate. The company has this horrible policy of giving 2 hour lunches, then asking you to come come back and practically work another shift, avoiding paying overtime.

Advice to Management

Raise your wages. No one could possibly live, or care to stay for the poverty pay you offer. It's a disservice to the children and parents because teachers leave so quickly. I qualified for welfare because the pay was so low and I have a Masters degree! That says a lot about how poorly teachers are compensated and the lack of concern of the children's needs. Parents were fed up with food qualify as well. This company cuts corners in all the wrong places.