The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Tutor.com? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tutor.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I am happy with the flexible hours and the paycheck I earn for the work I perform for tutor.com." (in 112 reviews)
- "Tutor allows you to work from home, and sessions with students are consistent." (in 65 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule; work" (in 39 reviews)
- "This is a good place to get extra money" (in 9 reviews)
- "great people to work with on your team" (in 6 reviews)
- "1) Pay is low at $12/hr and they want you to be an expert." (in 134 reviews)
- "It's not a job you can live off of because it's part time and there are no benefits." (in 20 reviews)
- "(5) The management and the mentors constantly get on your case about time limits or trying to show the student the steps to do the problems." (in 18 reviews)
- "Outdated software" (in 11 reviews)
- "This is barely above minimum wage." (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Tutor.com and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 42 of over 737 reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 15, 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Flexible as you schedule your own hours. Convenient as you can do it anywhere easy job
No benefits and sometimes you have to deal with some annoying snobbish kids. Bonuses are based on the students reviews, which is often unfair.
- 1.0Aug 8, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
-It has flexible hours - work from home - all you need is an internet connection and a computer
- low pay, they do not make it easy to get promoted to tutor II or tutor III - raise is only $1 which is insulting, and they will make it hard for you to get that when you ask for it. - Management will find any flaws in your sessions even if you have almost 100% ratings from the students - No benefits of any kind7