Twentieth Century Fox "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Twentieth Century Fox Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Aug 6, 2018

3.9
Twentieth Century Fox Chairman and CEO Stacey Snider
Stacey Snider
Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is not on par with other studios(in 21 reviews)

• "It can be difficult to turn internship into a full time job due to budget(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Work Environment"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox

Pros

Feels like a college campus with many groups/clubs that provide insightful and fun activities all year round

Cons

None, even contractors can participate, not just full-time employees

Twentieth Century Fox2018-08-06
  2. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox

Pros

Great perks (movie screenings, employee discount), beautiful lot, plenty of learning and networking opportunities for interns, very friendly environment

Cons

long hours are standard for the entertainment industry, not many opportunities for interns to become full time employees

Twentieth Century Fox2017-11-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Anonymous"

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox full-time

Pros

Generally, good benefits, opportunities to network across the studio via diversity groups/organizations, and reputable name for your resume. Depending on your level of ambition and whether (or not) you have career goals, easy to get away with doing nothing and maintain employment, due to many hierarchical layers and comfy "legacy" employees.

Cons

Egos, gossip/social drama, and robotic conformity is all over the place. Employees are not valued and treated as expendable. Promotions and career growth stems from years worked at the company, instead of measurable performance and experience. Still lacking innovation in most divisions. Outside consultants are always contracted to develop and implement new ideas (probably one of the many reasons why budgets for... hiring new full-time employees are low).

Advice to Management

If a company is run like a corporate machine, be mindful of the type of talent that will leave or stay in the long-run. Culture is key, especially in entertainment. The push for "breaking down silos" is a nice thought, but not embraced. Company ethics are governed from the top to the bottom, so if a managing executive isn't "practicing what is being preached", culture will not change.

Twentieth Century Fox2017-09-28
  5. "Senior Software Engineer"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Century City, CA

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox for more than a year

Pros

There were many good changes in the right direction since they began upgrading the asset management software platform. They hired a great Executive Director to lead the effort on the software side and began to improve processes and overall execution.

Cons

There are legacy employees playing politics and it's impossible for a full-time employee to get fired. They don't even have a process for firing incompetent full-time employees. There are people there that are part of the problem but they don't get rid of full-time employees. The infrastructure team in building 89 is a complete joke led by incompetent leadership. These guys would seriously be fired at most other... companies. Their skill sets are out of date and they can't keep up with modern technology. It will be great when technology makes their jobs obsolete.

Advice to Management

Create a process for firing incompetent full-time employees. There are lots of contractors that come and go but the full-time employees that have been there for a while make up the core problems at Fox and they should be held accountable. Bring in 3rd party consultant companies to audit the maturity of various groups and use this to make changes.

Twentieth Century Fox2017-08-18

"Avoid Like the Plague"

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for FOX Sports. You get to do some cool things sometimes, but it's rare unless you're way up the totem pole.

Cons

FOX Sports: They pay you in peanuts and treat you as dispensable everyday. Bosses have zero respect for employees lives or successes. When I say peanuts, I mean that I have a bachelors degree, masters degree, worked for the company for 4 years, received 4 promotions in that time (up to full-time Associate Producer), was given 5 company achievement awards, and only made $40k per year... Good luck paying the bills... with "experience."

Advice to Management

Grow a heart.

Twentieth Century Fox2017-06-23
  7. "Intern"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox for more than a year

Pros

Being an intern, I thought everyone would be mean like they normally are, but it was the complete opposite. Everyone was warm and welcoming, they wanted me to learn and experience everything I possibly could. They served as great mentors and leaders. As I was leaving, they did everything they could to ensure I had some thing else set up. The program was very well put together and made the transition smoother.

Cons

It can be difficult to turn internship into a full time job due to budget. Some times it could get a little boring if they ran out of things to give you.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the interns, it sets you apart.

Twentieth Century Fox2017-04-09
  8. "MBA Intern"

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox

Pros

Great exposure to senior management, free film screenings, overall great place to work.

Cons

Very low pay, no benefits, little corporate effort to move interns into full time roles.

Twentieth Century Fox2016-06-27
  9. "Legal intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox

Pros

perfect working environment; friendly people

Cons

the internship don't turn into full time

Twentieth Century Fox2016-05-18
  10. "Costume Supervisor"

Costume Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox for more than 10 years

Pros

Love what I do as a Costume Supervisor

Cons

Not full time and not knowing what my next job will be

Advice to Management

I am a very loyal employee

Twentieth Century Fox2015-10-30
  11. "music editor"

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox

Pros

freelancer, creative. fun to work for. challenging

Cons

only contract positions no full time

Twentieth Century Fox2015-10-06