Twilio Customer Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2019

5.0
Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson
Jeff Lawson

"Best Place I've Worked..."

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture is very inclusive with strong leadership that puts the people first. The product is strong and the space is very interesting.

Cons

The product is very technical, so you have to be committed to learning if you want to be good at your role. Also, the company is growing so fast that the pace is very fast. I don't see either as a 'con,' but rather, the challenge of working for a great company.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

Twilio2019-07-13

"Great Company, Leadership and Coworkers"

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Transparency and access- Within the first six months of working at Twilio in a remote office, I personally met with 5 C-levels here. There are constant "ask me anything" type forums and feedback is encouraged. There is always something to contribute, and I know that in my short time here I have made an impact. 2. The people - smart and genuine people work here and its easy to be inspired to be greater. ... "All-in" mentality and most people will help. 3. Twilio works. Customers love Twilio and want to talk about what they build. This company is transforming the future of communications. Our earnings call keeps getting more and more impressive each quarter. My LinkedIn is blowing up with people that want to join.

Cons

1. Lots of internal inefficiencies - learn to "be ok" that there isn't a process to everything (or most things) 2. Easy to be overwhelmed and overworked. There is always something to fix or take ownership on. There isn't always a clear path. You can get a little emotional if you don't anticipate this. 3. Remote employees are often an afterthought. Logistics with everything from scheduling meetings, technology..., and benefits still are messy outside of HQ.

Advice to Management

1. Continue to ask and implement feedback from employees. 2. Incentivize all departments to be a revenue focused company. (More Sales Spiffs wouldn't hurt $$$) 3. Our customers are our best marketing assets, and easiest revenue generation. We should be doing everything possible to make it easy for them to evangelize and inform themselves on Twilio.

Twilio2019-05-03