KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 536 of over 612 reviews

4.4
Twilio CEO and Co-Founder Jeff Lawson
Jeff Lawson
Pros
  • "A good work-life balance other than the occasional crunch week(in 33 reviews)

• "Great culture and higher ups respect employees(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The culture here has veered away from the Twilio magic due to questionable hiring choices(in 56 reviews)

• "Systems lack scalability & constant growing pains(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Twilio

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Twilio and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company ethics

Jan 15, 2022 - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great, people are nice

Cons

Growing too fast, culture is loosing

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company, culture, and future

Jan 7, 2022 - Sales Enablement Business Partner in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you come to Twilio, you'll quickly see that everyone here is a collective community with the same goals in mind and are always ready and able to lend a hand and help you on your journey. Each and every employee is considered in every decision that's made and you know your voice is being heard and that you can create real impact here that's heard from leadership down. Twilio prioritizes your well-being and puts their employees first. It's the type of work environment I only ever read and dreamed about before coming here. You have control over your career path and there's nothing standing in your way to get yourself to the next level in your career. Our growth has been a literal rocket ship and the sky is the limit with how we can continue to grow.

Cons

Some of the back-end processes are still a bit behind -- typical for a company that's growing at this rate.

3. 5.0

Great Sales Team, Awesome Company

Jan 13, 2022 - Account Executive in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Twilio for a little over a year and so glad I made the decision to join every day. There is a lot of change, some chaos with a fast growing company, and a sales team that is still maturing, but the people are thoughtful, kind, and talented. Great place to grow a career and if you are in sales, exceed your quota.

Cons

Sales team is still building the machine so some processes are still maturing but every quarter things improve and leadership take cares of you when things are a little wonky.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing product, people, and customers

Jan 5, 2022 - Mid Market Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first company I've worked for that meets the trifecta: amazing product, really smart people that actively want to help you win, and great customers that love to use the product in very creative ways. I feel that my sales impacts not only Twilio's bottom line, but help shape and mold the world around us and make it a better place.

Cons

Twilio is still scaling and has grown a lot since I started two years ago - with that said, there are some growing pains and internal processes and procedures could use some work, however the organization does make meaningful change to improve the experiences of both employees and customers.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Hectic and top-down atmosphere

Jan 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you're ambitious. Our CEO has a good heart.

Cons

Long hours, especially for the months surrounding the SIGNAL conference. Meeting heavy culture - even as an IC, I would be in meetings sometimes from 8-6pm straight on top of my actual job. I felt like I was shuffled around a lot between teams and projects because our strategy was changing so often, although I would say the most painful changes were unintended consequences vs. strategic decisions (e.g., 4 managers in less than 6 months). There are certainly pockets of highly political/toxic people, but if you end up on a good team and heavily advocate for yourself you'll be fine. Our CEO/leadership has to remind everyone to be nice to each other periodically. Twilio will not take care of you. I can't say that I'd recommend working here for someone in an early stage of their career.

6. 3.0

Make Sure You Work at Twilio, Not an Acquired Division

Dec 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Twilio Exec Team is world class. Jeff Lawson is one of the best CEOs around. Christy Lake the Chief People Officer is outstanding. -Benefits: Unlimited PTO, generous company breaks, mat/pat leaves, and No Meeting Friday policy -LGBTQ+ friendly; DEI on point, come as you are -Work from Anywhere policy

Cons

-Depending on what division you are in, experiences vary drastically. -Segment marketing and sales teams: qualified leadership is lacking and hard to find. Novice employees and lack of experience throughout -High attrition in Segment division is likely driven by bad leadership and profit over people grinder mentality. -Segment nepotism, "darlings", and "favorites" are the norm; don't even bother if you're ~40+ because this playground will be a joke to you. -Segment ageist hiring practices are vocalized by amateur management. -Segment abundance of theatrics, self-aggrandizing, and time spent in meetings. -Twilio's No Meeting Friday policy is rarely observed within the Segment team; be prepared to exercise boundary setting and to communicate those boundaries more than you'd like. -Culture overall seems lost on people due to acquisitions.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Celebrating 2 years at Twilio

Jan 7, 2022 - Senior Director, Sales Enablement in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture | Leadership | Growth | Meaningful Work | Opportunity to Build Something | Stretched & Challenged to Think Bigger | Anti-racist Company

Cons

We've grown so big so fast that our internal tools, systems and processes can sometimes hold us back. Plus: we challenge ourselves to be creative, think outside the box and build what we need

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, with some caveats

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

very competitive compensation good benefits unlimited PTO supportive leadership opportunities for advancement permanently remote unless you want to go into an office

Cons

typical growing pains of a rapidly growing company hiring needs to be more proactive in order to be prepared for the expanding customer base overly political like most tech companies. fall in line to the T or be content with not being your authentic self, while others can feel free to do so unnecessary delays in getting things done due to silos. entire teams for a specific duty are time zone specific

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Awkward transition phase of hypergrowth, but still a great place to work

Jan 13, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great trust in CEO and management team, and great people to work with. Awesome vision. High chance of being a generational opportunity and household-name company. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Massive growing pains for the last couple years that they're having trouble addressing. Put simply it's not as wonderful a place to work as it used to be, if you're used to small companies. If you're willing to be a cog in the machine you'll be fine. And they probably will manage to address them eventually (or perhaps slow the pace of growth) and it'll be a better place to work once again.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced to chaotic

Jan 5, 2022 - Director in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well paid, benefits, well leveraged business development because of market dominance and media exposure. For the younger crowd its an exciting company environment full of perks. It's good to have in the curriculum since other employers are aware of the tough selection process among other things that distinguish their candidates.

Cons

Toxic environment. Seems that in their attempt to hire the top of the top, the organization has homogenized into a crowd of psychopaths that brutally compete with each other for promotion. When something goes wrong, which inevitably does in fast-paced bold business plans, finger pointing begins and career sabotaging between peers develops with the proficiency that only the top of the top can execute. VPs will invariably and infallibly manage up and sacrifice a lamb within their teams when something goes wrong.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 536 Reviews

Twilio Reviews FAQs

84% of Twilio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Twilio 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Twilio to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Twilio Job Seekers