Twin City Fan Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2019

3.1
Mike Barry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is nice working for a leader for the industry with great people and products, rather than a competitor trying to catch us" (in 2 reviews)

• "Lots of change but no one is working together" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one feels safe in their job or appreciated" (in 4 reviews)

• "Do yourself a favor and never make a mistake of walking into those doors" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Making Progress"

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time

Pros

They are trending in the right direction. A lot of changes have been made over the last year and the company is starting to see the positive effect of those changes. The culture and atmosphere at the company has greatly improved since Mike took over and the future looks bright.

Cons

The 2018 bonus wasn’t ideal but I understand why it was lower and appreciate their transparency.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "general review of clarage"

Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Pulaski, TN
    Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Pulaski, TN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

clarage has good work and ok pay. never dull

Cons

from what I've seen the company works on the buddy system, no room for advancement unless your the team lead, production supervisors or production managers pet or his buddy, lots of favoritism on the shop floor that upper management doesn't see really there is no room for an employee to learn new things or other areas of the company and grow here, once you are at you position your stuck with that job for life. also the plant it's self is way behind as far as the rest of the world is and needs to be focused on, so if you like that stuff this place is for you, I stay for the money and I need a job, but if I was offered something else with a better atmosphere I would be gone!

Advice to Management

be more involved in leadership advancement decisions and keeps better tabs about what's going on out on the shop floor. now to CEO never seen him but once in the time I've been here and every time he is suppose to come down he always bails out, or something else comes up and someone else somes. hopefully one day he will be here and maybe spend some time(more than a day) with his employees and talk with them and find out how they really feel about things. Also for us to keep up with the world, we have to make quicker advancements into the future, with more advancement in better equipment in every department, everything we have here is way out dated and can not make quality parts or job with what we have, stop telling us its coming and show us it is for us and not in other plants!

"TCF Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of change but no one is working together.

Cons

2018 Bonus paid early, $1000, Next bonus March 2020, if company is around

Advice to Management

Review Sr. Sales staff

"Hi, here's my review"

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

Their " family atmosphere" is called that because there are a lot of people related to whichever manager who are in higher paid positions and positions of authority. Most of whom should not be in those positions. If you aren't a relative or a buddy of a manager you are nothing. They like to talk the talk without walking the walk . Trying to get help from management with an issue? GOOD LUCK. We do notice how fast the relatives and buddies get what they need.

Took away attendance bonus, give points for being sick, fire people left and right, can't keep an employee long enough to even learn their job, "open communication" policy gets you fired, gender inequality, management would be happy to see you just hang your head while they pull your strings rather than build you up and appreciated you. Don't know if owner even realizes how bad it is.

Advice to Management

Go. Just go.

5. "Positive Changes Being Made"

Former Employee - Product Engineer - Industrial in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Product Engineer - Industrial in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Regarding Head Quarters in Plymouth, MN. There has been a lot of reorganizing and restructuring that has brought a considerable amount of positive change. This company is trying to become relevant and up to date in today's market. Still a long road ahead, but they have started and are doing a good job.

Best thing I can say is they did a great job treating me like a human, and supporting my family-life outside of work.

Cons

Still turning the corner on improvement, some outdated systems still being used

Advice to Management

Keep implementing the changes you have started. And consider more aggressive ways to increase employee satisfaction / retention.

6. "Sales Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Applications Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Applications Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is spending time and money improving processes and equipment. Management listens to the employee feedback and is making an effort to streamline old processes and improve the "flow" or efficiency of the organization.

Cons

Much of the company is still stuck in aging and inefficient processes that have clear room for improvement. Management is leading by example in trying to streamline the processes but it's not something that will happen overnight.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the modernization of the company. Morale is improving as the company continues to update old policies, invest time and money into new processes and equipment, and goes the extra mile in listening to its employees. Follow through on this and everybody will benefit

7. "Interesting Place to Work"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twin City Fan is an interesting place to work. I met some really nice people that I enjoyed working with.

The owners give out sports tickets to the major sports teams in the Twin Cities.

Interesting story about the owners.

Compensation was pretty good.

Cons

Poor cell reception in the building.
    Limited working from home or flex hours.

Advice to Management

Hopefully everything works out for the owners.

8. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and getting better! The company is really working towards bettering the place and the workplace environment.

Cons

Every workplace has some cons- my expierence were specific and do not reflect the company as a whole.
    The only constructive criticism I can off are that Benefits are great but cost is a little on the high side

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you are moving in and success will follow!

9. "Nice place and people. Industry leader."

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time

Pros

This is an industrial fan company. It is nice working for a leader for the industry with great people and products, rather than a competitor trying to catch us. Management is fair.

Cons

really nothing to complain about

"That 70's Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are kind and decent.
    Popcorn Occasionally.
    The pay is competitive.

Cons

What is the opposite of innovative and creative? Myopic? Troglodytic? This company is recovering from a leader and executive team that was stuck in the 70's. HR and interviewers will tell you it's "starting to change" but the simple truth is, the executive team is still largely untouched, and while HR might wish it was true, it is still stuffy, old-fashioned and backwards.

If you offer new ideas expect to hear "we tried that and failed" or "It will never work"

Finally, because they are running full out trying to keep up all the time, and because of the old-fashioned management, you will be expected to stay firmly within your prescribed silo. Contemplating coordinated improvements needing inter-departmental cooperation is a concept entirely outside of TCF norm. From what I've seen it's most likely to earn you a reprimand.

Advice to Management

Hang in there Mike. Your company has decades of cultural and technical debt to repay. Continue to promote the new company values. P.S> Maybe ask the executive team to coordinate their efforts and tear down some of those silo walls.