Twin City Fan Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Mike Barry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice place and people. Industry leader."

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time

Pros

This is an industrial fan company. It is nice working for a leader for the industry with great people and products, rather than a competitor trying to catch us. Management is fair.

Cons

really nothing to complain about

2. "Positive Changes Being Made"

Former Employee - Product Engineer - Industrial in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Product Engineer - Industrial in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Regarding Head Quarters in Plymouth, MN. There has been a lot of reorganizing and restructuring that has brought a considerable amount of positive change. This company is trying to become relevant and up to date in today's market. Still a long road ahead, but they have started and are doing a good job.

Best thing I can say is they did a great job treating me like a human, and supporting my family-life outside of work.

Cons

Still turning the corner on improvement, some outdated systems still being used

Advice to Management

Keep implementing the changes you have started. And consider more aggressive ways to increase employee satisfaction / retention.

3. "Sales Application Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Applications Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Applications Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is spending time and money improving processes and equipment. Management listens to the employee feedback and is making an effort to streamline old processes and improve the "flow" or efficiency of the organization.

Cons

Much of the company is still stuck in aging and inefficient processes that have clear room for improvement. Management is leading by example in trying to streamline the processes but it's not something that will happen overnight.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the modernization of the company. Morale is improving as the company continues to update old policies, invest time and money into new processes and equipment, and goes the extra mile in listening to its employees. Follow through on this and everybody will benefit

4. "Interesting Place to Work"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twin City Fan is an interesting place to work. I met some really nice people that I enjoyed working with.

The owners give out sports tickets to the major sports teams in the Twin Cities.

Interesting story about the owners.

Compensation was pretty good.

Cons

Poor cell reception in the building.
    Limited working from home or flex hours.

Advice to Management

Hopefully everything works out for the owners.

5. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and getting better! The company is really working towards bettering the place and the workplace environment.

Cons

Every workplace has some cons- my expierence were specific and do not reflect the company as a whole.
    The only constructive criticism I can off are that Benefits are great but cost is a little on the high side

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you are moving in and success will follow!

"That 70's Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are kind and decent.
    Popcorn Occasionally.
    The pay is competitive.

Cons

What is the opposite of innovative and creative? Myopic? Troglodytic? This company is recovering from a leader and executive team that was stuck in the 70's. HR and interviewers will tell you it's "starting to change" but the simple truth is, the executive team is still largely untouched, and while HR might wish it was true, it is still stuffy, old-fashioned and backwards.

If you offer new ideas expect to hear "we tried that and failed" or "It will never work"

Finally, because they are running full out trying to keep up all the time, and because of the old-fashioned management, you will be expected to stay firmly within your prescribed silo. Contemplating coordinated improvements needing inter-departmental cooperation is a concept entirely outside of TCF norm. From what I've seen it's most likely to earn you a reprimand.

Advice to Management

Hang in there Mike. Your company has decades of cultural and technical debt to repay. Continue to promote the new company values. P.S> Maybe ask the executive team to coordinate their efforts and tear down some of those silo walls.

"Good and bad"

Current Employee - Shipping Clerk in Mitchell, SD
    Current Employee - Shipping Clerk in Mitchell, SD

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're willing to offer work to anybody who comes and apply that is eligible to work because there's not enough people in this town that can fill the spaces

Cons

Change to policy took away the credit for showing up and staying all the time working they take points from you now if you're late and also PTO time pretty much took away your vacation if you're not able to be here because of life matters like your wife got sick or your kids are sick or you got doctor appointments they will take 10 PTO hours and one point it's not just one or the other sometimes I think corporate have their head up there for this new policy at ends here

Advice to Management

What's micromanaging should update the computer system should focus on their employees a little bit more listen to the employees if they have something to say there are plenty of ideas out there that can be addressed

Twin City Fan Companies Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Human Resource Generalist

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to continue improving our organization. We're sorry to hear you feel the new PTO policy is subpar. We hoped starting out all... More

"Worst place ever"

Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Covington, OH
    Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Covington, OH

I worked at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really have nothing good to say

Cons

Aweful managenent
    Insurance is extremely high

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really going in the right direction. Great core values. The new leadership is focused, and has the company headed in the right direction.

Cons

It is located in Plymouth.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

10. "Sales Rep Development"

I have been working at Twin City Fan Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome program. You learn everything you would ever need to know to be successful.

Cons

Absolutely none. During this program, they provide you with everything you need or could want. Your only responsibility is to grow as a professional fan salesperson.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!