Twin Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Ben Elmore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Fantastic Culture, A Cutting Edge Company Full Of Integrity, That Never Disappoints..."

Pros

A caring company with strong leadership that really care about the employees.
    Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. A company thats full of integrity across the board. Cutting edge work, technologies and projects. Just a great place to work.

Cons

there is not much to ever complain about...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "An amazing culture to be a part"

Current Employee - Visual Producer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Visual Producer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twin has created a culture that puts people at the center - whether its being a part of the team or the clients we work with there's a genuine, gritty, roll-up-your-sleeves approach to see you and the clients succeed. The executive team along with the entire company has worked diligently to create a healthy organizational culture that allows you to thrive and advance. You'll find honesty, integrity, creativity and good feedback that allows you to work where you want to work remotely, but connects you to a very talented and innovative team.

Cons

If you're work in an office with a group of people and not self motived you'll find the remotely awesome culture of Twin a challenge.

Sep 8, 2016 – Director of Talent & HR

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and glad to hear you feel we prioritize our people. I agree with you; our culture does put people at the center. We strive to create an environment... More

3. "A Career vs. a Job"

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time

Pros

When I started at Twin, my goal was to choose a company where I could be happy for a number of years and could build a career vs. just doing a job. Thankfully, that’s what I've found at Twin. What makes Twin a great place to work really boils down to a few key points for me.
    • People - Sounds clichéd, but the people you work with on a day-to-day basis are everything. Twin has a crazy smart team that I love working with.
    • Leadership - The exec team is awesome. Approachable, clear vision for growth, selective about getting the "right" clients, cares about the team. Leadership is more involved in the day-to-day of the client work than any company I’ve worked at previously.
    • Culture – employees are expected to work hard, but there is also an expectation of work/life balance that doesn't exist in many consulting firms
    • Work - the work is challenging and constantly evolving. Great client roster.
    • Working Remotely

Cons

Working remotely sounds great, but Twin expects a lot from its employees. If you aren’t a motivated self-starter, it’s difficult to be successful at Twin. Also worth noting, while we don't have a central office, depending on your position, you may be expected to be onsite at a client quite frequently.

Jun 20, 2016 – Director of Talent & HR

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. My favorite part of your review was your reference to our people/team... working with smart, approachable and talented team members is motivating for me as... More

4. "Culture of Personal Growth"

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time

Pros

One of the cornerstones of Twin's culture is encouraging and supporting personal growth, and the pursuit of your passions. Twin understands that goals and passions are not static and provides the space for individuals to take-on new challenges.

Cons

I can't think of any real cons - I've been here a long time and have seen growth managed in ways to protect our culture and quality.

Advice to Management

The investment into people and culture is inspiring, I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.

Jun 10, 2016 – Director of Talent & HR

What a thoughtful review, thank you for taking the time to write it. Encouraging and supporting personal growth and passions are core priorities for us. We will continue to do everything we can to... More

"Great opportunities with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Twin greatly cares about the culture and quality of the company and so is very selective in who thing bring on board. As a result, you can count on working with amazing people. Twin is also very selective about clients and projects. So you can also count on working on solving some very interesting problems. Finally, the executive team at Twin really cares about helping its full-time employees grow into the career path they want, offering coaching, advice and opportunities for those willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Not really a con, but make sure you are happy working remotely and don't need the typical office drama you may be used to.

Advice to Management

Continue developing career advancement programs and increase communication of company goals and progress to all members of the company. I think more regular communication from the executive team to the broader company will make employees and contractors feel more engaged in the company's journey.

May 23, 2016 – Director of Talent & HR

Thanks for writing this review up. You provided great insight in many of the areas that define our culture at Twin. My favorite part of your review is the description of the people at Twin - we... More

"Great culture and leadership that cares about employees"

Current Employee - Senior Business Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Twin Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees and contractors are given a tremendous amount of flexibility to operate in a way that works for their style and are encouraged to contribute to areas that they are passionate about, provided that they continue delivering value and supporting their project's success.

Leadership truly wants to grow the company, people and business in the right way, even if it means turning down work that is not aligned with our culture.

People are treated as valued individuals and not just another cog in a machine to get the next buck.

Cons

There is not a clear picture of what career progression looks like currently, but that is something actively being worked on.

Added flexibility means that there is sometimes less structure - not necessarily a con for everyone, but it could be for some.

Advice to Management

Continue making Twin a great company for employees, contractors and clients. I think you are aware of the improvement areas, are open about them, and are actively working to make them better.

Feb 3, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you very much for providing such a thoughtful and insightful review. I am especially happy that you mentioned Twin's flexibility, and that you feel encouraged to contribute in areas that you... More

7. "Amazing challenges with amazing people"

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Twin. There is a great focus on self-improvement and helping everyone around you do better as well. The work is always an enjoyable challenge, pushing the bounds of what the technology can do. Remote work is a huge focus and not an afterthought, making interactions very productive for everyone involved. It is such a great environment.

Cons

So far, the worst part of working for Twin has been getting blisters from digging sand to build a sand castle at the annual company kick-off. Hardly a real con, though, since it's really hard to complain about being on the beach for a team-building event with such a great bunch of people.

Advice to Management

Twin is amazing on so many levels. Keep up the great focus on company culture and principles, with a continuing pursuit for the best people to have on our teams.

8. "If you're looking for great work, culture and balance, look no further."

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Lima, WI
    Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Lima, WI

Pros

Great people, super smart, genuine, approachable executive team who have create a company with the best culture I've seen in my 20 year career. The company focus is on work-life balance, with a lot of remote work. The projects are interesting, exciting, impactful. There's so much scope for growth for those who are hungry to experiment, and push the envelope and the people you work with are class acts. The company values openness, honesty, dedication, craftmanship and is full of smart, innovative people. It's a great place to work, with great opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes feel we could benefit from a bit more technical guidance, though this is a pro as well as a con, as it means we're not a shop with a pre-fabricated "way" of doing things, and that teams have a lot of autonomy. Though I would love to see more guidelines for technical aspects of projects.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work, and keep maintaining and improving the culture.

9. "I love my Job"

Current Employee - Operations Manager and Partner Development in Morristown, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager and Partner Development in Morristown, NY

Pros

Get to work remotely. I live in a place where there is not much work, and I can work from home and only travel a few times per year. Opportunity - you can define your own career if you work hard and produce client value. Great Team - everyone I work with is like my family, they are all real focused on the success as a team, and when we meet up it is always a great time. Good Salary - they pay me what I think I deserve. Good Clients - Under Armour, DOL, Adobe, and others. Unlimited PTO policy. People willing to work with you to mentor you and grow your career.

Cons

Working at home takes discipline and not everyone can handle it. It sometimes can feel like you are detached from the world spending time at home and not seeing coworkers everyday. Twin is demanding and if you put in the effort to keep up with new technology and provide value for the client, you will do great - if you sit on your laurels and do the bare minimum, or don't work well with a team - you won't last long.

Advice to Management

None - I agree with how the company is managed. Our current Executive team is first-class. I have been here 7 years and over that time we have had missteps - but we have always been able to learn and grow from those mistakes.

Feb 3, 2016 – Director of HR

I love the title of this review. It is great to hear that you love life at Twin! The collaborative, team oriented environment is the cornerstone of our culture. I agree with you, working remotely... More

10. "Excellent Company Culture and Values"

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great company that takes its values seriously and has a brilliant, solution-oriented, and good-humored culture
    - awesome CEO who is easy to respect
    - fast-paced, believes in forward-falling, open to change and constant improvements
    - interesting work and clients
    - growing
    - hires really talented individuals (very very few junior positions)
    - mentoring opportunities

Cons

- working remotely isn't for everyone. Twin does a great job of providing tools for people to work collaboratively from across the globe, but it takes self-discipline and an appreciation of video conferences
    - contrary to the above, depending on your position and/or the client of the project you are working on, you might work less remotely than you'd like. some clients request a lot of face time and you may find yourself traveling to their office to work on occasion (more likely if you take a project management or leadership role)
    - occasional growing pains as company expands

Feb 3, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for sharing your point of view. It's wonderful that Twin's values and culture resonate with you! My favorite part of your review was your reference to our CEO. His vision and his openness... More