Twin Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Twin Technologies Reviews

Updated December 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Work-Life Balance with the Pros/Cons of Working Remote"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time

Pros

The executive leadership team consistently messages clearly the culture and values of the organization, short and long term goals, and genuinely accepts feedback. Remote work contributes to phenomenal work-life balance for those who can handle the lifestyle. Bi-annual all-expenses paid meet ups for full-time employees (annual for contractors) strengthens the bond between co-workers.

Cons

Organizational values occasionally (but not often) fail to filter down to day-to-day activities where their application is most crucial. The asynchronous nature of communication on remote teams can lead to blockages.

Advice to Management

Ensure continual growth of all employees is a focus by offering suggested conferences/courses/learning opportunities that align with current and future business goals.

2. "Bleeding edge"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Twin Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

very sharp coworkers and great team spirit

Cons

project planning needs more up front work

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in the trenches

"Sr. Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

Pros

Amazing people, work-life balance, culture, work, client-base. Twin Technologies, Inc has changed my life for the better. I used to commute 45 mins each way everyday or more (i know its not that bad), but the opportunity Twin has provided for me, doing what I love, from the comforts of my home office. I can't say enough about the leadership and the people. Its a pleasure hiring people for Twin. The Twin company meetups twice or more a year really help to get some face time together and get to know each other even more. I love what we stand for and I love what we do for our clients.

Cons

We are not all in the same room, building, etc. But... we use lots of technology and tools to help mitigate too many communication issues. We are always staying up to date with the latest tools for this and constantly trying to improve.

"Excellent company composed of a wonderful group of people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership is very committed to excellence and doing a great job steering the ship there. Growth over the past 5 years has been phenomenal, and it has been really exciting to be onboard for it to see the shape of the company evolve.

Remote working is the default, and this company has a no-bullshit results-driven culture. Management is very accessible and open to making changes based on feedback from employees when it makes logical sense. The engineers in the company are top tier and hands down the smartest people I've ever had the privilege of working with.

Everyone employed at this company also loves to have fun. We are an eccentric bunch of people, and it's always exciting when we meet informally just to hang out and be surprised by how well your co-worker can sing karaoke.

Cons

Until you have the opportunity to meet everyone in person at one of the company's events, it can be hard to get acquainted with everyone and to feel engaged. This is a relatively small con, because there are typically 3-4 opportunities for in-person gatherings per year.

"Twin Technologies"

Current Employee - IxD/UI/User Experience/Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - IxD/UI/User Experience/Engineer in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Teams they have put together are very proficient and knowledgeable in their respective disciplines.

Cons

Engagement Mangers misrepresent the companies size and amount of work they have when trying to hire contract personnel. They have approximately 40 full-time employees and 40 or so contractors. They pay on the net 30, so at any given time you are 5 to 6 weeks out waiting to be paid on completed work. Since they truly have most of their eggs in one basket, as a contractor you are at risk of not being paid if their largest client decides to use another agency for their IT Development projects.

6. "Twin is a great company made up of many talented, smart people."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart people and leadership
    Good Communication

Cons

Distributed teams can make for more need for process