Twin Technologies Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Consultant

5.0
Ben Elmore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great opportunities with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Twin greatly cares about the culture and quality of the company and so is very selective in who thing bring on board. As a result, you can count on working with amazing people. Twin is also very selective about clients and projects. So you can also count on working on solving some very interesting problems. Finally, the executive team at Twin really cares about helping its full-time employees grow into the career path they want, offering coaching, advice and opportunities for those willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Not really a con, but make sure you are happy working remotely and don't need the typical office drama you may be used to.

Advice to Management

Continue developing career advancement programs and increase communication of company goals and progress to all members of the company. I think more regular communication from the executive team to the broader company will make employees and contractors feel more engaged in the company's journey.

Twin Technologies Response

May 23, 2016 – Director of Talent & HR

Thanks for writing this review up. You provided great insight in many of the areas that define our culture at Twin. My favorite part of your review is the description of the people at Twin - we... More

2. "Great company"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Consultant
    Current Contractor - Senior Software Consultant

I have been working at Twin Technologies as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Encouraging of the person over the profit. Strong sense of community even though distributed around the country. Everyone works remote, and generally little travel. Respect from top down and back up again. Innovation is a key word of the company, as well as craftsmanship and integrity. We have fun too.

Cons

Being remote can have its downsides. But not many.

3. "Challenging remote job with competitive pay"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Twin Technologies as a contractor

Pros

Twin projects are always super interesting and cutting edge. If you want to learn the best practices on newest technologies, get working with Twin. They have been working as a primarily remote company for a decade now and have refined the workflow and process. They are especially appreciative of talent and thoughtful developers.

Cons

Sometimes Twin will let you bite off more then you can chew. Being remote means you have to spend more effort being curious and connecting with upstream management and clients then a typical development shop.

4. "Interesting work with top notch teams."

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Norman, OK
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Norman, OK

I have been working at Twin Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Twin always has interesting work with top tier clients. The teams are comprised of experienced and talented developers who are more concerned with achieving outcomes and learning than taking credit and egos. The entire company is remote with people working from all over the world.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep standing by your principals and culture. You've built something great!

"Excellent company composed of a wonderful group of people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twin Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership is very committed to excellence and doing a great job steering the ship there. Growth over the past 5 years has been phenomenal, and it has been really exciting to be onboard for it to see the shape of the company evolve.

Remote working is the default, and this company has a no-bullshit results-driven culture. Management is very accessible and open to making changes based on feedback from employees when it makes logical sense. The engineers in the company are top tier and hands down the smartest people I've ever had the privilege of working with.

Everyone employed at this company also loves to have fun. We are an eccentric bunch of people, and it's always exciting when we meet informally just to hang out and be surprised by how well your co-worker can sing karaoke.

Cons

Until you have the opportunity to meet everyone in person at one of the company's events, it can be hard to get acquainted with everyone and to feel engaged. This is a relatively small con, because there are typically 3-4 opportunities for in-person gatherings per year.