Twin Towers Trading Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey Brandon

Pros
  • You can also make a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• There is a potential to make incredibly good money, as an agent, trainer, or manager (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Basically, you can make money at this job, but I wouldn't want to try and make a living off of it (in 5 reviews)

• Disorganized accounting department (in 2 reviews)

"Large Company Benefits, Small Business Feel"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Good Pay
    Great Benefits
    Feel like family

Cons

Long hours especially around the holidays though it feels good to help people make money

"Hmmmmm...."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work for. Good working environment. Decent pay. Commission based.

Cons

Lots of travel. Away from home 12 out of 14 days. 2 days to recoup before heading to next site.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any comments for management. They were easily accessible and fair when dealing with problems.

"So Far So Good"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management team is understanding of my needs and willing to work with me to make my work schedule fit with my life schedule.

You can also make a lot of money! The sales skills needed come easily to me and the job can be a lot of fun when you're doing well. If you're good at the art of pitching you will make lots of money and get opportunities to travel and train others.

My typical days off are Tues and Wed which works well for me.

Cons

Sometimes you have to drive long distances (up to 50 miles from home) without gas reimbursement.

The packaging that the product comes in when delivered to the stores is often damaged which makes it hard to sell the product if you don't have replacement boxes to repackage your goods. They also don't always have stock of the products that pay the highest commission so you're left selling product that doesn't pay quite as well.

Advice to Management

Everyone on the team could do a better job communicating. I found that the onboarding process was poorly organized and lots of information I needed was not communicated to me during training. I had to be proactive in asking questions to get answers that were job-critical.

"Better have a good city to work in"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Twin Towers Trading (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support stats

Great trainers

Great staff
    Great people
    Great food you can eat as well

Cons

You better work in a good city or else you won't make money and will get fired.

They try to sell out to cities who won't buy.

Even the pitch they have will not get costumers to buy their products.

They have a ton of slicers out there so it is tough to get them to buy.

"It's just a sales job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule, travel opportunity. Weekly pay and can be very lucrative if you put in the effort, especially in the right market.

Cons

You may not have control over where you're working, which will affect your pay. Have to drive a lot, no mileage compensation.

Advice to Management

Get management flowing more smoothly. It seems that frequently no one knew what was going on, very distressing when working in the field.

"Decent"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a potential to make incredibly good money, as an agent, trainer, or manager. Flexible schedule. Constant ability to contact immediate managers. Local/Immediate managers are very helpful, if not around much. Always supportive and encouraging.

Cons

No guarantee to make good money- commission based job. Limited contact with upper management, and shady company choices. Ie Changing package items/prices without warning, and selling lesser product at higher price without adequate additions for value.

Advice to Management

Loved my local managers- always willing to talk and help, but in upper management- getting communication is hard. I wish they could plan ahead better on not running out of stock, and if you cannot sell a product in a store due to shortages, make sure the product you replace with is of equal, not lesser, value.

8. "Lots of potential if you know how to tap into it"

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator/Trainer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator/Trainer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the reviews posted lately from former employees are just downright wrong. This is an opportunity that may not be for everyone but if you apply yourself, are professional, have a personality and are willing to work hard (yes it takes hard work) then you can make some good money. If you communicate with management the good as well as the bad then they will do every thing in their power to put you in a position to succeed. If you want a pay check handed to you every week go work elsewhere.

In short this is a very good company to work for but you have to be willing to work.

Cons

There is potential for burnout as it is a tough job to keep fresh, my advice is to learn several products to help keep things fresh for yourself.

Advice to Management

Implement better recruiting policies as it seems you attract a lot of people not suited for this position.

"Great Money Potential... Quick, is just a vehicle. Not a Career"

Former Employee - Sales Agent/Mentor in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent/Mentor in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my 2nd company doing the same thing ... first company with 2 years experience.. a year in between and this one year and half.

Made great money when things are great, get to travel, very challenging, is different and there are great satisfactions when the "skill" needed works. Skills you learn are essential to virtually any other career or just life.

Cons

If you have a family / home life ... it is very difficult . This job consume your life. Pro and Cons in both bigger or smaller metro market... if you are on your own .. prepare to be working over 55 to 60 hours and travel an hr or 2 one way... daily ... or pay half the hotel and be at some other town for a week. You have no life ...

I have lots of experience from this and I did great and top of the rank... however, you are on your own, dealing with store, manager that DON"T want us there. There are little they can do to help you ... and yes most are excuses but there are 15 to 20% you have no control but still expect to turn the same result, never really appreciate but will harass you even you have inform then all the difficulties.

I went in to build a market, but lots of false promsies... individually are very inexperience in terms of cultivating, mentoring and to sustain great employees... to me, it seems as they prefer the revolving door then continue to elevate veterans, since newcomer are excited etc.

Advice to Management

The structure of management is very lousy and lots of personal influence towards the individual. Lots of drama and high school level. Higher executive takes words from others and only look at what they want. This could have been a great career path, however, its high and mighty but eventually dimmer down... on the 2nd time around, wish I could have a career here, even the money is great is temporary. When the passion wheres off, so will the best agents.

"Okay for college grads, no upward movement"

Former Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent money depending on your market and the stores available to you, middle management has some good ideas and works hard to benefit employees, freedom to travel pretty much anywhere in the country.

Cons

Travel required to make good money, no opportunity for growth/promotion, upper management does not value employees, extra work required in downtime, no overtime pay, payroll is frequently wrong.

Advice to Management

Your views are shortsighted and antiquated. To remove managers will only hurt the business, and the reworking and cutting of training is not a way to train people to last in this job.

Twin Towers Trading Response

Nov 17, 2015 – National Manager

We thank you for acknowledging the outstanding potential for large income we provide every representative of our company. We have every representative work a variety of stores, many of which are ... More

"I loe my job!"

Current Employee - Professional Demonstrator in Elkins Park, PA
    Current Employee - Professional Demonstrator in Elkins Park, PA

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that I get paid for the work that I put forward. I was given all of the support necessary to do my job effectively. It is amazing that I was able to be taught a skill that has allowed me not only to make great money but that also has helped me really grow as a person. Speaking to so many people a day has built my self-confidence and has changed so many things in my personal life. I attract people to me now and have the ability to speak in a clear confident way. I love the products I sell and use them all the time. I'm just so happy to have a job where I can't wait to go to work in the morning!

Cons

It can sometimes be a pain to set up or to speak to a manager or customer that is being difficult, but even that is hard to call a con because it has helped me effectively deal with people and to turn negatives into positives. Only thing that really bothers me is that we get paid a week in the hole now, but I guess they do that with most companies.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. I always feel supported.