Twitch "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Twitch Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Pre vs Post Aquisition"

Current Employee - Partnerships in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Partnerships in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with like minded individuals that will push you to be a better worker. I consider everyone on my team to be my extended family. This also seems to be the mentality of most employees within the partnerships department.

Access to a great benefits including a monthly gym membership, a monthly massage (sometimes more than once a month), and as many drinks/snacks you can have.

Cons

Compensation is exceptionally terrible for the Partnerships team. You would think that you would be more valued when taking care of broadcasters that keep the site up and running, but it doesn't look like this happens consistently.

The work/life balance is sometimes non-existent. It's as if your job doesn't have an off switch at times, which would sting a little less if the compensation matched.

Advice to Management

Build employees up and guide them into a career path you think they would excel in. Present them with opportunities to show their value, and pay them competitively.

I've seen so many individuals within different verticals just get stuck without much growth and eventually leave the company I love, and it sucks to see that.

Feb 21, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely sharing with the exec team and will discuss further with them. If you want to reach out to me directly, please feel free to do so. - Arthur Yamamoto... More

"Fantastic Company That Needs More Futuresight"

I have been working at Twitch full-time

Pros

Passion for gaming, awesome teammates, great benefits, rewarding work, they allow you to be self-driven and motivated

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of transparency between teams, such that you don't know what's coming down the pipeline.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of exposing company-wide what the company is working on and towards, both features and what the roadmap looks like

3. "i love twitch"

Pros

great benefits and work enviornment

Cons

not available in every state

Nov 7, 2016

Thanks for the review!

"Growing, Fast-Paced, Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rapid growth means many opportunities for advancement. Cutting edge issues to deal with every single day. Smart, young people all around you. Free food, free happy hours, great benefits.

The pay is way above market.

Cons

Rapid growth means growing pains. Amazon is looking to add controls, which many at the company are resisting. Hard to maintain a company culture when there are more new people every day.

Advice to Management

We need to keep hiring the best and brightest or we are doomed. That means we have to keep getting the word out about what makes Twitch special: it has the security of Amazon, but the culture of a startup. Also, we need more space!

Apr 5, 2016

Company cultures evolve and change as companies grow, but hopefully we'll keep hiring people who are in line with what makes Twitch great.

thanks,
    Arthur Yamamoto
    Director of Recruiting

"Amazing"

Pros

good pay, great benefits, always changing, great place

Cons

none yet ;) I'll see that it stays that way

Advice to Management

better communication, sometimes info gets lost with all the "hustle & bustle"